Author Topic: Girlfriend Stole My Son!  (Read 11653 times)

Lauren

Re: Girlfriend Stole My Son!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 06:30:04 AM »
What a nasty, nasty woman. I don't blame her son for having nothing to do with her.

I was reading the comments at the Daily Tele's site and one of the people who commented said he'd played cricket with Mitchell as a teenager and the only parent he ever met was his father. Makes her comments that much worse.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 01:02:54 PM »
Mom sounds like a piece of work.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 01:31:16 PM »
While it's rude to just text your mum on Mother's Day, I can't really blame the poor guy from trying to get away from such a nutty parent.

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

Winterlight

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 01:36:20 PM »
While it's rude to just text your mum on Mother's Day, I can't really blame the poor guy from trying to get away from such a nutty parent.

I wonder if mom is a clinger and he's trying to detach/set boundaries.
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Squeaks

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 01:49:05 PM »
I rather like the part about him not spending a night with her any more, that one made me laugh

Starchasm

• And the mome raths outgrabe.
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 03:23:22 PM »
"She's not even a person in her own right"

:o  Jeez, I wonder why they're not close anymore.

Azrail

• 'If all the insects on earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on earth would disappear. If all humans disappeared, within 50 years all species would flourish as never before.'
  • Sometimes square parents have round babies.
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 07:07:39 AM »
I know! She's a karate champ, she's hot, I honestly doubt she needed Mitchell to get noticed.  ::)
Wherever you are... that's where you happen to have gone.

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2009, 01:27:07 PM »
Ironically, in trying to hold on to her son, she's guranteeing that she'll never see him again.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

Winterlight

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 09:33:05 AM »
Yeah, even if GF is the hag from the Black Lagoon, mom publically treating her son like a baby is going to gall him.
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 04:03:50 PM »
Ironically, in trying to hold on to her son, she's guranteeing that she'll never see him again.

Even if he takes the insults to his GF lying down, I can just imagine the bitter ragging he'll get from his own teammates, and worse, the opposition.

"Oh, did I hurt you? Want Mommy to come and kiss it better for you?"
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Azrail

• 'If all the insects on earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on earth would disappear. If all humans disappeared, within 50 years all species would flourish as never before.'
  • Sometimes square parents have round babies.
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2009, 07:04:22 PM »
Wherever you are... that's where you happen to have gone.

FunkyMunky

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2009, 11:54:48 PM »
Son found a strong, independent woman who doesn't need constant validation. Good for him. And the fact she could probably whoop his mother is a bonus.  ;D

ETA:

Just noticed two things in the articles - mother saying girlfriends sholdn't be flown "they're just girlfriends". Well, actually, she's his fiancee, and there IS a difference. Also, I can see why he wouldn't want his mum there.

The other:
Asked if her fiancé had been upset by his mother's comments, Jessica said smoothly, "From the look of today's game he's focused on what he's here to do..."

She bean-dipped them! Well played.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 11:59:09 PM by FunkyMunky »

MyFamily

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 01:56:29 PM »
I do not know who any of these people are (never heard of them before this post), but I'm really being pulled in by the drama and how well Jessica is dealing with this.  I did find the Womans Day article to be a little misleading - it said in the title that she was going to "hit back" and honestly, I didn't see any hitting back, I saw class and a nicely worded response. 

"The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones" - Solomon ibn Gabirol

Starchasm

• And the mome raths outgrabe.
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 03:37:43 PM »
I do not know who any of these people are (never heard of them before this post), but I'm really being pulled in by the drama and how well Jessica is dealing with this.  I did find the Womans Day article to be a little misleading - it said in the title that she was going to "hit back" and honestly, I didn't see any hitting back, I saw class and a nicely worded response. 

POD, Jessica is one classy lady.

ladycrim

• Where there is cake there is hope, and there is always cake.
  • All hail the kitty
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009, 04:11:51 PM »

"Jessica responds in a classy manner" wouldn't have been nearly as grabbing a headline ...