Author Topic: Girlfriend Stole My Son!  (Read 11062 times)

Tiramisu

Re: Girlfriend Stole My Son!
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 10:25:54 PM »
I do not know who any of these people are (never heard of them before this post), but I'm really being pulled in by the drama and how well Jessica is dealing with this.  I did find the Womans Day article to be a little misleading - it said in the title that she was going to "hit back" and honestly, I didn't see any hitting back, I saw class and a nicely worded response. 

"Jessica responds in a classy manner" wouldn't have been nearly as grabbing a headline ...

Correct!  But then again the headline should have read "Jessica refuses tell all interview at time of press so we've decided to make an article out of nothing"

Azrail

• 'If all the insects on earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on earth would disappear. If all humans disappeared, within 50 years all species would flourish as never before.'
  • Sometimes square parents have round babies.
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 09:50:40 AM »
ROFL!!!! Yeah I read the article and I was like 'What's with the title? She's not hitting back!' Which I was actually pleased with because when I read it I thought 'Oh, no, Jessica hasn't snapped, has she?'

Wherever you are... that's where you happen to have gone.

JadeGirl

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2009, 10:06:50 PM »
I've been watching the Ashes and Mitchell Johnson has been off his game and playing uncharacteristically poorly.  Even though I support England (but live in Australia), it has been really sad to watch. 

I hope that it is not because of this.  I know that the argument can be made that he's a professional and should leave his private life behind when he's playing, but I think this argument is a bit churlish.  Which one of us can honestly say that we have not been affected at work when something bad is going on in our personal life.

Azrail

• 'If all the insects on earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on earth would disappear. If all humans disappeared, within 50 years all species would flourish as never before.'
  • Sometimes square parents have round babies.
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2009, 10:19:37 PM »
And who doesn't feel bad when parents are the 'something bad'? It's hard enough to shake off comments from strangers sometimes, parents doing stuff like this would leave you absolutely gutted.
Wherever you are... that's where you happen to have gone.

JadeGirl

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2009, 11:00:22 PM »
Yup.  I can deal with my Mum constantly picking and finding fault with me, but if she took money from a media outlet to air her dirty laundry in public I'd be a wreck for days. 

petal

• Dancing Queen
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2009, 11:50:53 PM »
i bet the mother will go public and blame it all on the DIL (again)  now that hes not performing well

Ralkana

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2009, 07:10:53 AM »
i bet the mother will go public and blame it all on the DIL (again)  now that hes not performing well

To me, this is the saddest part. She hates this woman so much that she doesn't care that it might be affecting her son's career.

Apparently she doesn't get that even if he were willing to forgive her for disrespecting his fiancee, if his poor performance here damages his career, he's never going to forgive her for it.

JadeAngel

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 12:36:41 AM »
I do not know who any of these people are (never heard of them before this post), but I'm really being pulled in by the drama and how well Jessica is dealing with this.  I did find the Womans Day article to be a little misleading - it said in the title that she was going to "hit back" and honestly, I didn't see any hitting back, I saw class and a nicely worded response. 

"Jessica responds in a classy manner" wouldn't have been nearly as grabbing a headline ...

Correct!  But then again the headline should have read "Jessica refuses tell all interview at time of press so we've decided to make an article out of nothing"

Maybe, but then how would they distinguish that article from all the others in the magazine...  ;D

Lauren

Re: Girlfriend Stole My Son! UPDATE
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2011, 07:01:48 AM »
I know this is an old thread, but I thought it was worth an update.

Jessica and Mitchell got married a couple of weeks ago. Unsurprisingly the mother was not invited. Of course she's gone to the press to moan over it She just does not seem to get that she is repeating the behaviour that caused the split in the first place!

I read the article at my mum's place, but one of the choice quotes was 'I could understand if I bashed him or neglected him, but not because I don't get on with his wife'

I say good on him for putting his wife first. From start to now his mother has been horrible to this girl. I don't know if what she says is true, but I do know that she's handled it appallingly.

Bob Ducca

• Super Hero!
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2011, 07:07:41 AM »
I think an interesting note from the article is that the mother's father, ex-husband, and other children were invited.  It seems the wedding was only "secret" from her.  I understand her being hurt, but I think the couple was justified in not inviting her, given her history and her reaction.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2011, 09:48:39 AM »
You called your future DIL a golddigger and have thrown public hissy fits about their relationship- and you have no idea why you weren't invited to their wedding.

Oooooookay.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Minmom3

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2011, 10:56:30 PM »
Or what she'll publicly say about never seeing any grandchildren.  Because I cannot imagine they'll have any contact with her just because grandchildren are born sometime down the line.  She just digs herself deeper and deeper.
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2011, 06:06:45 AM »

Mitchell Johnson is AWWWWESOME!!!   ;D
Stewart/Colbert '16

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2011, 08:39:18 AM »
I guess I just don't understand why ANY of this is even news worthy to begin with.

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2011, 09:00:20 AM »
I guess I just don't understand why ANY of this is even news worthy to begin with.

Because its about a celeb and anything to do with them seems to be up for discussion and news worthy. :)