Author Topic: Girlfriend Stole My Son!  (Read 11111 times)

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
Re: Girlfriend Stole My Son!
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2011, 09:18:22 AM »
I guess I just don't understand why ANY of this is even news worthy to begin with.

Because its about a celeb and anything to do with them seems to be up for discussion and news worthy. :)

Oh... true... well then carry on.
He's a sports celeb? I have never heard of him until this thread... Which I just read... (look Ma I rhymed!)  :P

Skoffin

• I am not a fish
  • The greatest Skoffin that ever Skoffed
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2011, 05:19:29 PM »
Yeah, if I were getting an all expenses trip across the world I'd definitely take my parents instead of the man I love.  ::)
"Just girlfriends"? Does this woman actually believe that her son's relationships need to be validated by her? That she's only 'worthy' of anything until she is married to him. She's spreading vitriol against the fiancée yet so far the only reasoning she has used is that she doesn't get to go on free trips and that her son is spending more time with the woman he is marrying.   Hmmm, I wouldn't want to hang out with her either.

JadeAngel

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2011, 09:12:17 PM »
Yeah, if I were getting an all expenses trip across the world I'd definitely take my parents instead of the man I love.  ::)
"Just girlfriends"? Does this woman actually believe that her son's relationships need to be validated by her? That she's only 'worthy' of anything until she is married to him. She's spreading vitriol against the fiancée yet so far the only reasoning she has used is that she doesn't get to go on free trips and that her son is spending more time with the woman he is marrying.   Hmmm, I wouldn't want to hang out with her either.

Yeah I have to say the issue has always seemed to be that when Jessica came on the scene, Mum's free ride on the gravy train came to an end and she resents both her son and his new wife enormously for that. It doesn't even seem to be about family closeness, but about her need to be the centre of attention at all times. It's sad that she can't accept that she isn't the most important person in her son's life anymore, but until she comes to terms with the fact that while she's still important to her son, his wife will always come first, she'll never get anywhere.

Carnation

• Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2011, 01:39:26 PM »
Somehow I can't see this woman sitting quietly through the ceremony.

Especially the "speak now or forever hold your peace" part.

Minmom3

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2011, 03:52:59 PM »
Somehow I can't see this woman sitting quietly through the ceremony.

Especially the "speak now or forever hold your peace" part.

I don't have the link handy, but she wasn't given the option - she only found about the wedding well after the fact. ALL her family kept it a secret from her, including, if I recall, her own father.  It says a whole lot to me that the rest of her family was willing to keep this from her.
Mother to children and fuzz butts....