Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Friend invited herself to a party

(1/2) > >>

suzystumped:
Help!  My new boyfirend is having a birthday party and an old friend of mine asked if she can come.  He doesn't really like her and she and I have drifted apart in recent months (not becuase of him).  How do I tactfully tell her no?

behindbj:
"I'm sorry, but Boyfriend is in charge of the guest list."

or

"I'm sorry, but that won't be possible."

behindbj

Sibby:
"Sorry the guest list isn't up to me."

"I really think he's already over his limit with all his firends he invited, I don't really think he can fit another person in."

"Actually after you made that snide comment about his mom he kinda finds you annoying, I don't think it's a good idea for you to crash his party."

"It's a swingers party, do you swing?"  [Be sure to hang a rope swing in the yard, so if she speaks with anyone they can confirm there was swinging going on  >:D]

ShadesOfGrey:
"you know, I am not in charge of the guest list, sorry."

"I am not sure what the arrangements are, he might have already given the headcount to _______ [caterer/restaurant/host]"

"you'll have to ask the hostess, I am not sure how big her house is."

artk2002:

--- Quote from: suzystumped on May 03, 2007, 04:22:24 PM ---How do I tactfully tell her no?

--- End quote ---

"No"

It's a complete, polite sentence.  Not tactful, perhaps, but after she tried to invite herself, tact isn't on the table.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version