Author Topic: ". . . And s/he was NOT invited back!" - share your rudest guest stories  (Read 89643 times)

PitBullMom

• Punish the deed, not the breed!
In college I lived with two other girls.  One of the girls often had a friend of hers from her hometown visit our place. 

One evening, my boyfriend and I were making dinner in the kitchen and we offered some food to Roommate and her buddy.  The dish included vegetables and, evidently, this offended Buddy.  "Gross!  Are you trying to kill me by feeding me vegetables?  No way!  I don't eat anything green."  He continued to insult our dinner and berate us for, "trying to kill him," and "How could we eat that?  Gross!"

The next day I had a conversation with Roommate and Buddy was never invited back.
~PitBullMom

Don't breed or buy while homeless pets die.  Adopt your soul pet at your local animal shelter.

PitBullMom

• Punish the deed, not the breed!
Paul, a college roommate's friend, thought that it was "funny" that I took good care of my dog, and thought my devotion to her was excessive.  Yes, I loved her, still do, and took good care of her and enjoyed being with her, but I didn't do anything crazy.  But Paul thought it would be funny to play a joke on me.  See, I took exception to the fact that he took her face into his hands and blew smoke up her nose.  I told him that he had to leave immediately, and that that was a cruel, dangerous, and disgusting thing to do to an animal.

I don't blame you one bit for not allowing him back after doing this!  What rude and inconsiderate behavior to do this to someone's pet!
~PitBullMom

Don't breed or buy while homeless pets die.  Adopt your soul pet at your local animal shelter.

wellisawstar

I had just moved into my very first apartment and I really liked it. No one had ever lived in it and I spent a lot of time decorating it and everything. I was quite pleased. Then, I invited this guy I was friends with at the time over and he brought a couple of friends who were visiting him. These guys were the type who thought they were so cool that everyone should just be overjoyed to be in their presence. They came in my apartment and wandered around eating my food and telling stupid stories. Then, one of them walked over to my bookshelf, grabbed my leather Bible that my Mom had got me (which was pretty expensive, not to mention, it was a *Bible*). He took it, held it up in the air, and said "This is what we think of Bibles!" and ripped it up right in front of me! My mouth dropped open and I was speechless! The guy that I had invited over, then said, "Uh, we better get going," and I said "Yeah, I think so." Man, that still makes me angry to think about it.

My jaw actually, truly dropped reading this story. I can't believe anyone would come into someone's home and rip up a book, let alone a religious book. Wow.

LeeLee88

Hahaha, oh goodness, unfortunately, I have loads and loads and loads of stories like this, almost all of them from my father's side of the family (they're really "charming"), but I shall share two quickies from when I was a kid.  

1)  My 11th birthday party, I had some friends over and we were playing, and as usual, my little brother (8 at the time) was following us around and just doing what little brothers do.  One of my friends gets mad at this, grabs a cupcake from the picnic table, and smashes it into my little brother's face!  No warning, just did it!  So now, he's crying, and I'm upset with her because come hell or high water, that's MY baby brother, and no one gets to be mean to him but ME!  ::)  He runs into the house, tells my mom, and she promptly comes outside and is MAD.  I tell my mom that is was me, because I knew that my friend would be perma-banned for this.  My mother looks right past me, and says to my friend in a very cool tone, "Your mother has already been called.  You will get your things and wait for her to come get you in the kitchen with me."  Later, I got a lecture about standing up for my little brother (guess she missed me yelling at friend  :P) and was told to never lie for people who do something mean like that.  Lesson learned, never went to friend's house again.  Although her mother banned ME from HER house because my mother stood up for her child.  Oh, how DARE she? ;)

2)  Had a sleepover, we were all 13 and 14, and I made thumbprint cookies.  Friends are chowing down and loving them, and one girl wants to know what sort of cookies these are.  I say they're thumbprint cookies, and she says, "So... you put your THUMB in them?"  Me: "Yeah, that's why they're called thumbprint cookies, it's how you make the little reserve for the cherry relish to go."  Her: "EEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!  YOU PUT YOUR FINGER IN THEM!!!"  Me: "Yeah, but they were baked in the oven, so any germs that I missed after I washed my hands before I made them would be burnt out."  Cue my friends agreeing and looking at this girl like a sideshow, which she was being at this point.  Anyway, she will not stop going, "EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!! GROOOOOOOSS!" for about 20 minutes, and I finally tell her to just leave since she clearly can't move beyond this to enjoy herself.  I had already offered other goodies and such, and she wouldn't stop, so I sent her off.  I banned her myself, I don't need a tweak like that freaking out over every little thing possibly having A germ on it while she being hosted in my house!

And don't get me started on when she found out that I used the eggs my chickens had laid... argh!

extranormal

My DH had a hometown...not friend, exactly, but somebody he hung out with when they were kids. Pal was visiting our part of the country doing research for his novel and asked if he could stay with us for a few days. He also requested a ride to a nearby town, which was fine with DH.

Pal was a less than desirable houseguest. He broke our towel rack (and pointed out how cheap it must be to break that easily). He informed DH that he'd never make a living in the career he'd chosen. He mocked me openly for not knowing the specific years a particular English king was on the throne. He deemed my cooking "pedestrian but surprisingly edible." He suggested I try a new brand of makeup, as the dark circles under my eyes were disturbing.

Bad enough. But when it (finally!) came time for him to leave, DH got set to drive him to the town he'd specified. Pal then got a smug little grin and admitted that he did need to go to a place with that name, but it was the one four hours away (rather than 20 minutes). DH had clarified at the beginning of all this which town Pal had meant, and Pal acknowledged that he knew he had told DH the closer one.

His reasoning? "I knew that after three days of having me in your house, you'd be willing to drive all night to get rid of me." At least he got that right.

Visiting Crazy Town

My DH had a hometown...not friend, exactly, but somebody he hung out with when they were kids. Pal was visiting our part of the country doing research for his novel and asked if he could stay with us for a few days. He also requested a ride to a nearby town, which was fine with DH.

Pal was a less than desirable houseguest. He broke our towel rack (and pointed out how cheap it must be to break that easily). He informed DH that he'd never make a living in the career he'd chosen. He mocked me openly for not knowing the specific years a particular English king was on the throne. He deemed my cooking "pedestrian but surprisingly edible." He suggested I try a new brand of makeup, as the dark circles under my eyes were disturbing.

Bad enough. But when it (finally!) came time for him to leave, DH got set to drive him to the town he'd specified. Pal then got a smug little grin and admitted that he did need to go to a place with that name, but it was the one four hours away (rather than 20 minutes). DH had clarified at the beginning of all this which town Pal had meant, and Pal acknowledged that he knew he had told DH the closer one.

His reasoning? "I knew that after three days of having me in your house, you'd be willing to drive all night to get rid of me." At least he got that right.

:o :o
 I think that your DH should have dropped him off at the nearest bus station

Bolded statemennt is just too funny

LeeLee88

"Oh no, it's not that at all, it's just that we want you to leave before my terrible condition acts up" Him: smugly "Oh? And what condition is that?"  *you punch him the face*  "Oh that one!  I have this terrible spasm and I just can't control it... tsk tsk, but your black eye is very disturbing to me, perhaps you should choose a different makeup?"  Oooohhhh, I must be in a mood today...  >:D >:D

extranormal

Actually, DH just took him to the town they'd originally agreed upon and told Pal he was on his own from there.  :)

Talamarie

• Oh boy! It's ME
Not as bad as most of these, but I used to hold regular PPV parties.

At these parties I'd frequently spend around 200$ on food. I'd bake, make taco bars, hot dogs + hamburgers, etc.  We'd pay for all the drinks, and basically just do everything you should do when you host an event.

A couple of our friends "Bob + Betty" would bring over "Debbie and Dave" whenever they would come.  This was fine the first couple times, and they always had permission to do so.

The final straw on Debbie and Dave being welcome in my house was when they brought their 18 month old, whom they had NO control over, allowed her to wander my (unbabyproofed) house screaming because she would cry whenever her parents put her down, and well they had to eat didn't they? So three hours of a child that's not mine screaming with no recourse from her parents.

To top it off, I walked in to the kitchen where Debbie was sitting with Betty (and eating a 2nd plateful of the food I'd made) and tried to talk to her and she looked at me, didn't say anything and walked out of the room food in hand.

I said NEVAH again.

evely28

I am shocked that your DH drove him :o. I think many of us on these boards have enough difficulty in dealing with 'expectation'. Throw in deceit and manipulation and stick a fork in me.....I am so done!

evely28

Actually, DH just took him to the town they'd originally agreed upon and told Pal he was on his own from there.  :)

Good for your husband (and you).

SkyTalon

I was not the host, but I was the poor mortified soul who brought this guy into the home.

1) This was a gaming group, and the host would be running 4th Edition DnD. My friend since 4th grade had been vaguely interested in playing. We thought 'sure, we had a player drop on us, why not?' Now, previously this guy had co-GM'd a Vampire the Masquerade game that myself and GF had participated in. Now, in this game Friend and GM had hated GF and her character, citing problems that were mostly on their end (because GM never talked to GF. He went through Friend, who went through me to air grievences...) One of these reasons was that according to them she was playing Elecktra. Nevermind that GF knows less then ziltch on Marvel.

DnD game comes along, GF's already an established character. She's playing a 2x Weild Ranger. DM (and host) grabs a model for her. A human monk with tonfas... Friend then FLIPS OUT. Slamming his pensil down and yelling in his 'rage.' This freaks everyone out. Turns out he was 'joking' but I wouldnt learn of this until much later. Granted, it's only a joke to him, but he doesnt care. He also told me point blank that he doesnt care if he freaks out my friends.

I didnt walk away from him right then and there. I should have, but he has my mother (who I live with) wrapped around his finger. Oh, and this wasnt the incident that finally got him 'thrown' out.

2) He would be late perpetualy. He knew full well when we started (9-10am), but we had to delay until almost 1-2pm waiting for him, or start without him, which irritated him.

3) He wanted his character to be central to the plot but would not take the time nor the effort to talk to the DM. Then got angry that the DM wasnt making him the main character (Myself and someone else shared that role. Very well I might add.)

4) Eventualy started leaving early. Without announcing. Like he'd get up, and leave the house. We thought he went to the bathroom but after thirty minutes we checked and he was gone.

5) I took a turn at running a new game. Highly experimental for us as all of us (including me) were learning the rules as we played. There is a segment where the characters are in city hall looking up documents during a major emergency. Characters realize they've learned what they could and they should go investigate Strange Event. Friend says he wants to stay behind and keep looking. They failed to convince him to come, with him citing "I'm not a combat character!" (Which was BS, he has held his own in fights). So, a combat ensues amongst the other characters and a monster. Meanwhile Friend is still at City Hall.

This game's combat system is complex. On top of that, we're still learning. Friend meanwhile is prodding me while I'm running the combat asking to know what else he's learned. I have nothing for him and after enough of me trying to get him to realize I will get to him later, I say there's nothing more you can find. He then wants to get into the fight, but I explain to him there's no way for him to get there in a reasonable amount of time (game's rounds are based on 1second tics rather then 6 sec rounds and he's a long ways away).

He then gets into a snit and is quiet for the rest of the fight. When we are done and the party is taking a breather, I turn to him and ask him what he does now. He says he goes to the nearby Police Barricade. He then lets himself get sent into a safe bunker with civilians. He then starts shooting, men, women, children, and guards until they finally kill him.

He never came back after that citing various poor reasons. The group and I agreed he would never, ever come to play again and I was mortified. If it wasnt for the fact that the group adored the previous person I invited (GF), I'd be up a creek without a paddle.
This drill will open a hole in the universe!
And that hole will be a path for those behind us!
The dreams of those who've fallen!
The hopes of those who'll follow!
Those two sets of dreams weave together in a double helix!
Drilling a path towards tomorrow!

wordgirl

• Ponytail time
  • Super Hero!
  • Coca-Cola, cake and single-malt Scotch--I'm happy!
Talamarie, I think I remember Debbie and Dave, and whoa, you're right, they were awful.

I grew up in a resort area and my parents had a big house (not fancy, but they built an addition to it to accommodate all the kids they had. :D) So we had a never-ending stream of visitors. The general MO among one side of the family was not to say "Is there a time when it would be convenient for me to visit you?" but "We're coming X through Y dates." In retrospect, my parents probably did have a problem with it ..... but they never really said no.

However, one family of cousins did finally end up getting banned. Of all the relatives, they were most prone to show up with very little notice, and acted with great inconsideration (scattering towels, never cleaning up, etc.) They ate as if it were going out of style and would eat ANYTHING in the fridge, without asking. They also expected my parents to put the three of us girls in one bedroom, leaving two bedrooms and a bathroom free for their exclusive use. (Yes, they actually said this - typically, adult visitors got a bedroom and visiting kids got "salted" in amongst the other children. They did not like that arrangement and said so.)

On BadCousins' last fateful visit, I was probably 14 and my youngest brother was around 7. They had three kids, the oldest of whom was 5 or 6, the youngest a toddler but still in diapers. I don't remember all the details, but I do remember:

*Because of the short notice, my mom (who was a WAHM) had commitments that took her out of the house, including some volunteer work with a summer program that my middle brother and sister were enrolled in. BadCousinMom took offense to this the first day and said so. My mom stayed home the next day ... and BadCousinMom promptly took off to go shopping, leaving Mom to watch her three (horribly behaved) children.

The next day Mom had to go volunteer again. BadCousinMom was very put out and snappy. And after an hour, she just left - that's right, went off and left her three small children with a 14-year-old. I think my youngest brother might have been there as well. I was experienced in watching children, but not this many, and the kids I usually babysat knew they were required to obey me. No such thing with these kids. :(

Things got so out of control that I called my paternal grandmother (who lived about 15 minutes away) to come help. When my mom came home (she got home before BadCousinMom) she went ballistic. And when BadCousinMom got home, it was made absolutely clear: They were never to darken our door again. Mom could handle the ongoing abuse of her hospitality, but not such a flagrant safety violation.

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
Let's see- there was a guy who was banned from my house just for who he was.  The X (an abusive one) who was my husband at the time had a very bad habit of spending bill money on motorcycle parts.  He would buy things and then when whatever was just about to be turned off he would sell stuff to pay the bill.  It was really not fun.  On one of these occasion he brought a man to our house to buy some stuff and after the guy left X explained who he was.  I was so furious I didn't see straight for days and had a few revelations about our relationship. Turns out the guy he had over was a very high profile child molester (and more disgusting if you can imagine) who was out on bail while he was appealing.

This next one seems like so little in comparison, but through church I had gotten myself kind of stuck with a leech.  She would take, take, take and complain all the while.  I had been trying to distance myself for some time, but there was an *emergency* and this lady was on bed rest and the kid just had to be taken some where.  I dreaded it as her daughter was a miniature of her.  Criticized everything.  I had no idea what I was in for.  She went into overdrive after we got to my house (to stop and get something I think) and was handing out straight up insults.  That was the straw that broke the camel's back.  Shortly after that I got a pick up truck which sadly only carried one other person besides me and my son and I stopped taking her calls.

Emmy

When I read the story, I was hoping your DH did not drive him 4 hours.  I'm glad to hear he did not.  :)