Author Topic: ". . . And s/he was NOT invited back!" - share your rudest guest stories  (Read 87499 times)

Queen of Clubs

Good grief!  The first story was bad enough (it turned my stomach just thinking about it - who'd joke about a thing like that?), but the second?!  Good for you for not only throwing him out, but also dumping his GF from your life.  I hope everyone she knows got to know about it and about how she treated a supposed friend.

Celany

• the soul of a cat, in the body of a person...
Good grief!  The first story was bad enough (it turned my stomach just thinking about it - who'd joke about a thing like that?), but the second?!  Good for you for not only throwing him out, but also dumping his GF from your life.  I hope everyone she knows got to know about it and about how she treated a supposed friend.

My ex-friend was actually a friend of the GF. I had met her once or twice, she seemed nice but...siiiigh...into bad boys.

I never saw her again after cutting of the friendship with the ex-friend.
I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. ~ Hippolyte Taine

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
Celany, I hope you changed your locks as well.

As for the first story, that made me sick.

Queen of Clubs

My ex-friend was actually a friend of the GF. I had met her once or twice, she seemed nice but...siiiigh...into bad boys.

Ah, gotcha, sorry.  I bet you were glad she wasn't a friend of yours!

Nora

Celany, my lord that was... :o :o :o.
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
I have one of those friends who does not know when it's time to leave. She kept me up to 4:30 a.m. one night chatting away and playing my video games. I started doing the PA thing, "Oh, it's getting late," which had no effect on her to "I can make up a bed for you on the couch" which eventually became "OK, I'm going to bed." She only went to bed (on my couch) when she was good and ready.

I now either meet her at her place or out in public, but I can't remember when was the last I time I invited her over.
Oh, gosh! That's what happened to me.  I have six children and they were all very young at the time, probably ranging between 3 and 9 years of age.  I had been chasing kids all day, was beat, it was around 7 pm and my bils fiance showed up.  She stayed and stayed and stayed and stayed until about 4am.  I had to get up very early and get some of the kids off to school and get the other ones ready for the day.  I thought she would never leave.  I don't know how I survived that next day because there was no such thing as a nap for me with all those children to supervise. My then husband was a commercial fisherman out on a trip and so wasn't home.  If he had been she would have been gone by about 10PM...he wasn't he most tactful person in the world.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Celany

• the soul of a cat, in the body of a person...
Celany, I hope you changed your locks as well.

As for the first story, that made me sick.

It honestly didn't occur to me to get the locks changed, but even if it had, my landlady at the time had those special keys that can't be copied at a commercial copy place. Beyond them saying "do not copy", they also were an unusual width and size, which made it impossible for a regular locksmith to be able to copy them.

When the first story happened, when I turned around and my eyes made sense of what that...person...was doing, I remember feeling so shocked I was lightheaded. All the blood drained out of my head. Then rushed back filled with rage.

Ah, gotcha, sorry.  I bet you were glad she wasn't a friend of yours!

She had been someone that I'd considered getting to know at first, because her boyfriend was so nice (gee, my BF & I could have gone out with them on couples dates)...then the other shoe fell and I was very glad that I hadn't gotten to know her better.
I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. ~ Hippolyte Taine

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
 :o :o :o :o
I'm all for giving people a second chance, but it has to be done with full knowledge. Your "friend" should have told you and then YOU could have made a qualified decision whether you wanted to give him a second chance or not.

Dude...

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

PaintingPastelPrincess

• She of 3 P's
You know, I sometimes threaten to make my friend's dog into a nice stew (based on the fact that the poor thing was skin & bones when she got him and has now fattened to a healthy weight for his size), but I do it while scratching his belly or giving him a treat (with permission).  Also, my friend knows that I love that dog almost as much as she does, and I would never, EVER, put him somewhere potentially dangerous.  I can't imagine putting poor, sweet kitties in the microwave.  :-X >:(

zyrs

• spiffily male.
My story is really tame by comparison:

I knew a guy I will call Steve that was a little less than quick.  He was a friend of a friend and I had only ever seen him at my friend's house.  I had no idea where he lived.

So my friend moves out of town and I don't see Steve any more after that and a couple years later I move into a different area of town.  I've lived in my house a year or two and decide to take a trip over the weekend.  Leave Friday night, come back Sunday evening in time to rest before work.  The cats have food and water and the neighbors are going to check in on them Sat and Sun morning.

I get home Sunday evening and it's raining and storming and windy and I am looking forward to a quiet evening.  I walk into the house and realize that the curtains are down and one of the windows is broken, with glass all over the floor.  The rain and wind is entering the house.

I see a brick on the couch.  As I get closer I see a piece of paper under the brick.  It is burned into my memory:

Hi  - was walking one day and saw you come out of this house.  Needed a place to stay and knew you wouldn't mind if I crashed a couple days.  You didn't answer the door so I came in the window.  Thanks - Steve.

Luckily for Steve, he had put the cats into the bedroom and shut the door.  Unfortunately he had not bothered to put their food, water and litter in there as well.  Poor cats, they seemed mortified about what they had had to do while trapped.

As you can guess, my neighbors had taken the money I had paid them for cat-sitting and hadn't bothered to check on them at all.  None of these people were ever invited back, although I am sure if Steve had needed a place to crash again it wouldn't have bothered him.

Nora

You know, I sometimes threaten to make my friend's dog into a nice stew (based on the fact that the poor thing was skin & bones when she got him and has now fattened to a healthy weight for his size), but I do it while scratching his belly or giving him a treat (with permission).  Also, my friend knows that I love that dog almost as much as she does, and I would never, EVER, put him somewhere potentially dangerous.  I can't imagine putting poor, sweet kitties in the microwave.  :-X >:(

We habitually joke about eating our pets, and the dishes they would be served as. That's just funny to us. Putting my pet in a microwave will not end well for the person dumb enough to misjudge my sense of humor to such an extent.

I used to work for an animal shelter. Seen too much.  :(
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

MrsO

• Super Hero!
Zyrs, so steve smashed a window and broke into your house? Did I read that right?! If so, I hope you phoned the police! And made him pay for a new window!!

caz

So I ended up having to undress Pam, who had vomit all over her, dry her off, then drag her to bed and try to dress her (She wouldn't let me). I tried to give her coffee but she wouldn't take it. I put a bucket near her, turned off the light and went to bed. I told hubby that if there was vomit on the bedsheets the next morning he was to make Pam wash them.

I went to work the next morning and came home to find them gone. I never invited them over, and cut off all contact with them soon after, for this and various other reasons.

Pies supporters?

Only joking!!

zyrs

• spiffily male.
Zyrs, so steve smashed a window and broke into your house? Did I read that right?! If so, I hope you phoned the police! And made him pay for a new window!!

Yes he did.  Unfortunately, I really had no idea of his last name, or where he lived so all I could say is "Someone named Steve broke into my house."  The only reason I know it was him was he was the only Steve I knew of at all.

2littlemonkeys

VorGuy's oldest & dearest friend from high school track team pulled some stunts on us that led to cutting the "friendship" some 27 years ago - two years later he tried to get back in touch with us and I told him a few home truths (because if VorGuy had seen him......well.........I didn't want to deal with what *might* have been).  He didn't realize that he wasn't so fabulous that what he'd done was unforgivable nor that we'd still "hold a grudge" later (sorry, striking at my six-month-old - even if you didn't TOUCH her - was unforgivable to ME and to VorGuy when he got over the pneumonia that had him insensible in the front seat of the car - he had no memory of events but believed ME).

He hasn't tried contacting us since - and "Frankly my dear, I don't give a hoot" - to paraphrase Rhett Butler.

He is good for "how not to do it" stories, though...............

He tried to hit your infant?  And it never occurred to him that was something you might have an issue with?   :o