Author Topic: ". . . And s/he was NOT invited back!" - share your rudest guest stories  (Read 77107 times)

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
I don't see Steve any more after that and a couple years later I move into a different area of town. 

Hi  - was walking one day and saw you come out of this house.  Needed a place to stay and knew you wouldn't mind if I crashed a couple days.  You didn't answer the door so I came in the window.  Thanks - Steve.

As you can guess, my neighbors had taken the money I had paid them for cat-sitting and hadn't bothered to check on them at all.  None of these people were ever invited back, although I am sure if Steve had needed a place to crash again it wouldn't have bothered him.

1.  It would frighten me that even though you now live in a totally different area of town from where  you lived when you actually "knew" Steve, that he 'saw you come out of this house'.  I think that sounds like stalking! 

2.  If Steve hadn't paid for the broken window, I'd have charged the neighbors for it since they had accepted money to watch your house and clearly and obviously had not.   And I'm sure there was damage from the broken glass and the rain coming in.  Fortunately your cats neither escaped nor starved to death.

3.  I'd have called the police, even if I didn't know Steve's last name.  I'm sure you could have gotten his name from your friends.

Carnation

• Super Hero!
My sister joined the army at age 18.  In the course of things, she became engaged to another soldier.   She wanted to bring home to meet our family.

Our house was, to say the least, modest, okay, somewhat run down, particularly my brother's room, where two boys had spent their early years being unruly.

Brother #1 had moved out of the house, so it was natural that Soldier Boy would share that room with Brother #2.  We literally had no place else to put him, as we had a large family, even though Brother #1 and  Sister had moved out.

As these things go, my sister's leave from the army was delayed, so Soldier Boy came alone. (Is that odd, or is it just me?)

Soldier Boy came alone and just avoided the living daylights out of any contact with us.  He spent most of his time, sullenly playing chess with Brother #2.   

My sister arrived and they had their visit, then departed.

After that, he broke off the engagement with my sister saying something to the effect that our family is way beneath his family.  Ha!

So, she ended up marrying someone we just loved and who loved us just as much. :-*

Celany

• the soul of a cat, in the body of a person...
Zyrs, so steve smashed a window and broke into your house? Did I read that right?! If so, I hope you phoned the police! And made him pay for a new window!!

Yes he did.  Unfortunately, I really had no idea of his last name, or where he lived so all I could say is "Someone named Steve broke into my house."  The only reason I know it was him was he was the only Steve I knew of at all.

Good. Heavens. I would be furious. Absolutely furious. What a flippin' jerk!
I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. ~ Hippolyte Taine

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
I don't see Steve any more after that and a couple years later I move into a different area of town. 

Hi  - was walking one day and saw you come out of this house.  Needed a place to stay and knew you wouldn't mind if I crashed a couple days.  You didn't answer the door so I came in the window.  Thanks - Steve.

As you can guess, my neighbors had taken the money I had paid them for cat-sitting and hadn't bothered to check on them at all.  None of these people were ever invited back, although I am sure if Steve had needed a place to crash again it wouldn't have bothered him.

1.  It would frighten me that even though you now live in a totally different area of town from where  you lived when you actually "knew" Steve, that he 'saw you come out of this house'.  I think that sounds like stalking! 

I would  be more inclined to say he happened to be in the area one day and saw her coming out of her house.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!

VorGuy's oldest & dearest friend from high school track team pulled some stunts on us that led to cutting the "friendship" some 27 years ago - two years later he tried to get back in touch with us and I told him a few home truths (because if VorGuy had seen him......well.........I didn't want to deal with what *might* have been).  He didn't realize that he wasn't so fabulous that what he'd done was unforgivable nor that we'd still "hold a grudge" later (sorry, striking at my six-month-old - even if you didn't TOUCH her - was unforgivable to ME and to VorGuy when he got over the pneumonia that had him insensible in the front seat of the car - he had no memory of events but believed ME).

He hasn't tried contacting us since - and "Frankly my dear, I don't give a hoot" - to paraphrase Rhett Butler.

He is good for "how not to do it" stories, though...............

He tried to hit your infant?  And it never occurred to him that was something you might have an issue with?   :o

He saw it as trying to get the baby to be quiet while his old buddy old pal was sick in the front seat (turned out to be double pneumonia) instead of hitting at the baby of his old buddy & pal (not the brightest bulb in the chandelier).

He got away with it at the time due to NOT having touched the baby (lucky for him his arm was too short to reach from the driver's seat over the back to the baby in the car seat).  But once VorGuy was well and I realized that he had no memory of events in the car that day...........well, he is NOT referred to by name but more along the lines of "he who is no longer named" or "that idjit" - any pejorative will do...........

And, yeah - he was a bit self centered and self involved with a few issues about what the WORLD owed him.  An SS before I'd ever heard the term..........

« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:58:27 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

still in va

• used to be gjcva1
Vor Femme, i think this is the third time i've read this story here, in various threads.  and every time i read it, i STILL wonder how you resisted either smacking his hand as it came flying back from the front seat, or biting that same hand.   >:(

i really admire your restraint. 

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!

He saw it as trying to get the baby to be quiet ...

And of course we all know that hitting a baby is the best way to get the baby to be quiet.   ::)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
I saw it as further distracting an already irascible driver (who was looking over his shoulder instead of at the road) and told him that if he would PULL OVER, I would tend to the baby to get her quiet.  He refused to pull over because we needed to get his old buddy old pal to MEDICAL care, don't you know?  Never mind who the father of the baby was..............once VorGuy found out about that - a dying friendship was staked like a vampire, fed salt like a zombie, buried at a crossroads like a witch, and shot with a blessed silver bullet like a werewolf.......NO chance of this guy working his way back into anyone's good graces.

Except BIL who never listened much to me..........................

But ex-BFF has not tried to get back into VorGuy's good graces since 1988 - we haven't even heard about him from BIL........
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 10:42:25 AM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Giggity

• Super Hero!
I can't imagine putting poor, sweet kitties in the microwave.  :-X >:(

Me neither ... Bo would lick the food splatters off the ceiling, and Luke would just shed like nobody's business.  >:D
Words mean things.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
That's one way to get your microwave clean...   :D
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

PaintingPastelPrincess

• She of 3 P's
I can't imagine putting poor, sweet kitties in the microwave.  :-X >:(

Me neither ... Bo would lick the food splatters off the ceiling, and Luke would just shed like nobody's business.  >:D

LOL fair enough...it's one thing if they're in there doing something productive...Luke might stick to, IDK, mopping?  :D

weeblewobble

How have I missed this thread?!  We have:

1) The guest who never locked the bathroom door while she used the facilities and then acted indignant and offended when other guests opened the door. ("Did you realize someone was in there?"  "Couldn't you see the light under the door?!" "I shouldn't HAVE to lock the door, it's up to you to check if the room is occupied!")  She made such a fuss, it made the rest of the evening really awkward and uncomfortable.  She did this at two events, refused gentle prompting that she lock the door behind her. ("I shouldn't have to lock the door.  Just let everyone else know I'm in the bathroom if you see them heading down the hall!") 

And just last month:

2) The guest whose son was incredibly immature for his age, 7. He let a stuffed frog "speak" for him.  He insisted all of the adults at a dinner at our house pet and speak to the stuffed frog. He went into our 2 yo son's room and saw that DS has a stuffed frog I'd just brought back for him from a trip to NYC.  The frog was on top of son's dresser. He climbed up on the dresser and dragged it down. 

6 yo DD, who is very protective of brother, protested and Guest's Son shoved her to the floor.  She chased him around the house, trying to get the frog back.  He hit her several times before we caught up to them. Guest's Son pitched a huge tantrum when I took the frog.  Instead of disciplining him for hitting my daughter, his parents said, "Well, frogs are his thing." which I guess means no other children within a 50 mile radius are allowed
to own stuffed frogs.

I took the frog and put it in my closet, where Guest's Son couldn't get to it, then returned to cooking dinner. I heard a crash and realized Guest's Son had gone into my closet, stood up on a shelf, and knocked down a rack of shoes to get to the frog. 

His parents did nothing to correct the behavior, except to say, "Couldn't we just share the frog?"  and it took me a minute and several more comments from them to realize they meant they wanted me to give their son the frog!  I explained it was a gift to my son, that it wouldn't be possible.  Mom huffed, "Well, in our family we share with guests." I put the frog in my locked car and will never invite them to our house again.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 03:02:58 PM by weeblewobble »

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
"Couldn't we just share the frog?"

"Certainly!"  ::Reaches for the guest's stuffed frog::

"What are you doing?!"

"Sharing... you *do* share in your family, don't you?"  ::Innocent look::

otterwoman

"What are you doing?!"

Did you let them stay for the dinner?! I would have kicked them out and had leftovers for a week.

Nora

"What are you doing?!"

Did you let them stay for the dinner?! I would have kicked them out and had leftovers for a week.

Me too, what an appalling family!
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.