Author Topic: ". . . And s/he was NOT invited back!" - share your rudest guest stories  (Read 84739 times)

Nora

If you need attention so badly that you make out with your sister that may be a sign you need professional; help.

Pod!
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
 :o My jaw hit the floor at least a dozen times reading this thread.  :o

This story is nowhere near as egregious, but here goes.  I will call the rude guest Troll, because he physically resembles one:

About 12 years ago Eunice and I were preparing the St Patrick's Day party food.  Guests were invited for 6PM, but Eunice wouldn't get upset if someone arrived a little early.  Troll arrived at 5:30 just after I had plated the cold shrimp.  Which he proceeded to demolish, while barely talking.

Eunice and I couldn't figure out how to stop him, so we bit our tongues.  Most of the guests for this party bring stuff; Troll brought nothing except his appetite and thirst.  There weren't many shrimp left by 6PM.  Troll was never invited back and this was the straw for Eunice because his previous behavior hadn't been a whole lot better.

I now wait until there are at least 12 guests before taking the plated shrimp out of the fridge.

Garden Goblin

This is the story of the only person I have ever literally thrown out of my house (as in, put hands on and tossed):

Several years ago, my friend, Ann, was exposed to HIV and was utterly terrified.  She went through the testing and got the test results back saying 'negative' on a Thursday afternoon.  So, in the black humor our little circle was occasionally prone to displaying, we threw her a party on Sunday.  Our circle contains people of various ethnic types and religious beliefs, some of which are relevant to the story. 

Since at the time I was the only one with a working BBQ, the party was at my place.  Sunday morning, one of our friends (Gil) calls to say he can't make it, his mother and siblings are in town.  We take a quick vote, and the decision is 'oh, but we like them, tell him to just bring them along'.  They are Jewish and their faith is very important to them, so we put in a call to a conveniently located (and DELICIOUS) Kosher place that does take-out and ask another friend (Marie) if she and her boyfriend (to be known henceforth as 'Jerk') will pick it up for us since it's on their way.  They agree, Marie mentions she was bringing a ham but will make sure there is no contamination, and Jerk can be heard talking in the background.  Gil himself is pretty well lapsed and calls himself a practicing agnostic, but is respectful of his family's beliefs and keeps kosher when they are around. 

Guests and food arrives, and drinks are served while the hostess (me) and the BBQ master (Ted) finish up in the kitchen.  Ohar (both Middle Eastern and Muslim) starts putting the containers of food on the table, and Jerk follows him in when he returns for another load.  Jerk looks over at the food still in the kitchen and giggles.  Ted asked him what was so funny, and Jerk responds with 'I drained the juice from that' and indicates the ham Marie had brought, 'into the stuff we picked up for those Jews'.  Ohar and I started at him, jaws dropping.  Ted immediately left the kitchen, and (or so I'm told, didn't see it) dramatically raced to pull the dish from the deli away from the folks just starting to help themselves from it and explain what happened.

Ohar recovered before I did and stepped towards Jerk.  Ohar is about 180 and works out, Jerk is maybe 120 soaking wet and already known to be lazy.  Jerk further digs himself in by saying to Ohar, 'what, you don't have to get all Jihad about it'.  At this point I intervene by grabbing his arm and yanking him out of Ohar's range.  I open the door, and since Jerk doesn't have the brainpower to walk through it on his own and digs himself in further by saying to Ohar 'oh like your kind doesn't think it's hilarious', I save his life by picking him up and hefting him outside, then stayed in the doorway to prevent Ohar from pursuing.  At this point, Jerk seemed to realize that he'd somehow offended us and started apologizing for not realizing that we weren't able to 'take a joke'.  When I stepped out of Ohar's way, Jerk finally seemed to get a clue and got back in his car, using his cellphone to call Marie who was still in the house.

Marie informed him that she didn't want to see him again and did not need a ride from him, anything he'd left at her place would be packaged up and mailed to him.  She was hyper-apologetic, stating that she'd told Jerk why she was putting the ham into a tupperware container and putting said container into the trunk so as not to risk it touching anything from the deli and while Jerk had told her it was ridiculous, she'd never dreamed he'd pull such a stunt.  Since her arm is broken, she'd left it to Jerk to get stuff out of the car and into the house, giving him the opportunity for his malice. 

Jerk drove off.  About two weeks later he called up asking to borrow a movie he'd noticed while at my place, and had the nerve to ask me why not when my response was 'wait, who is this?  NO!'

(noticed a spelling error)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 03:08:49 PM by Garden Goblin »

kansha

o_O

where the hell is the jawdrop icon?!!!

Lorelei_Evil

Great Caesar's Ghost!   :o

Penguinity

• It's Penguins all the way down
Oh my stars and garters... you win the thread.

EmmaJ.

I have no words....that is beyond appalling.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
Oh my stars and garters... you win the thread.

Off-topic... but as an X-Men fan, I've always loved that saying.  =)

supernova

• thanks for all the fish
  • dancing alone
This is the story of the only person I have ever literally thrown out of my house (as in, put hands on and tossed): 

<snip>

I admire your tact and your extreme restraint.  I freely confess that I would have responded in a much less eHell-approved fashion. 

Wow. 

Snowy Owl

<snip>

I admire your tact and your extreme restraint.  I freely confess that I would have responded in a much less eHell-approved fashion. 

Wow. 

Me too!  That's an unspeakably vile thing to do, to deliberately and knowingly put something that someone else is not permitted in food that they're going to eat, and then laughing.  This is compounded by refusing to accept the wrongness of what he'd done and treating it as a joke.  Well done you Garden Goblin for throwing him out!
And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.

Friedrich Nietzsche

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
I would have put that ham to good use. He would not have enjoyed it.
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

kitty-cat

Nor would he be able to sit correctly for a month if he had crossed my path  >:D

NE Florida

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
Please submit this story to the main site. 

Had I been in your place Jerk would have become jerky.

Hushabye

• Super Hero!

Nor would he be able to sit correctly for a month if he had crossed my path  >:D

He would have been sneezing ham for ages if he'd crossed mine.   >:(   >:D

Amava

HAHAHA!!  ;D

Good for Marie in that story, too, for breaking up with him!