Author Topic: ". . . And s/he was NOT invited back!" - share your rudest guest stories  (Read 82663 times)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
Rose Red, Eunice is the pseudonym I've given to a good friend through whom I met Blanche (about whom I currently have no stories).  The names come from Tennessee Williams' masterpiece A Streetcar Named Desire.

Kinseyanne

I am under the impression that my brother and a couple of his friends, who were in high school with the boy at the time, cornered him and put the fear of deity into him after hearing about it.

I hope they did more than that. I hope they made sure every girl at that school knew that brat was a dangerous sociopath and to stay away from him.

Well, from what I have been told, the boy required stitching on his face that left a nasty scar.  The boys made it well known at the school just why he had his new scar.  At the time, SO's uncle went to my brother and threatened to press charges. My brother, displaying more fortitude than I ever had at his age, replied "Go for it, I'd love to tell the newspapers that I got arrested for beating up the <"person"> who tried to ___ my sister."  No one was ever prosecuted, and SO's grandmother started applying some serious fiscal pressure that has really, really messed up the uncle's quality of life. 

Part of me wishes we had enough evidence to press charges against the boy, but a bigger part of me realizes that I got off so lucky.
Live believing dreams are for weaving.  Wonders are waiting to start.  Live your story: Faith, Hope and Glory.  Hold to the truth in your heart.

magician5

She never would change her kids' diapers.  It was nasty.

Was it one of the Blue Collar Comedy guys? "...when they say '20 to 25 pounds', THAT'S ALL THEY'LL HOLD!"
There is no 'way to peace.' Peace is the way.

MyFamily

She never would change her kids' diapers.  It was nasty.  She had two kids, one under a year and one around two years old, and being kids they would occasionally soil their diapers.  She wouldn't do anything about it, though, just sit back and let them play.  Even with pointed comments from us other moms about "Phew, someone's stinky!  *picks up own child* Nope, not you!  I think it might be [her kid's name], OtherMom!"  She'd just shrug and say "Yeah, probably!" and not move.  I do understand that some parents prefer not to change diapers at every little half-teaspoon because they'd go through fifty diapers a day, but these poor kids would have their diapers sagging under the load and she wouldn't do anything unless they were actually leaking.

I blame those 12-hour pampers - now some people think they don't need to change their child's diaper for 12 hours because these diapers can supposedly hold that amount.  They didn't have these when my older two were in diapers, but my youngest uses them (fit her body really well) but we change her diaper much more frequently than 12 hours.  Our old pediatrician actually made a point of making sure we knew this because she'd seen so many parents coming in who weren't changing their kids diapers thinking that they didn't have to anymore... :-X

"The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones" - Solomon ibn Gabirol

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
She never would change her kids' diapers.  It was nasty.  She had two kids, one under a year and one around two years old, and being kids they would occasionally soil their diapers.  She wouldn't do anything about it, though, just sit back and let them play.  Even with pointed comments from us other moms about "Phew, someone's stinky!  *picks up own child* Nope, not you!  I think it might be [her kid's name], OtherMom!"  She'd just shrug and say "Yeah, probably!" and not move.  I do understand that some parents prefer not to change diapers at every little half-teaspoon because they'd go through fifty diapers a day, but these poor kids would have their diapers sagging under the load and she wouldn't do anything unless they were actually leaking.

I blame those 12-hour pampers - now some people think they don't need to change their child's diaper for 12 hours because these diapers can supposedly hold that amount.  They didn't have these when my older two were in diapers, but my youngest uses them (fit her body really well) but we change her diaper much more frequently than 12 hours.  Our old pediatrician actually made a point of making sure we knew this because she'd seen so many parents coming in who weren't changing their kids diapers thinking that they didn't have to anymore... :-X
EEEWWWW.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
I can't even imagine what does to their skin!

MsMarjorie

• The world was my oyster but I used the wrong fork
I had a guest once who went around drinking everybody elses drinks (it was a BYO party), she groped half the female guests (which was a shock to us since she was married with children), loudly told explicit sex stories about hijinks she and her husband had got up to and then fell onto the couch where she lay growling and snoring.  One of the other guests taxi's arrived and she pushed that guest aside screaming at them "Thats my taxi, I'm going" and lurched off down the front path.

Miss Charlotte

I had a guest once who went around drinking everybody elses drinks (it was a BYO party), she groped half the female guests (which was a shock to us since she was married with children), loudly told explicit sex stories about hijinks she and her husband had got up to and then fell onto the couch where she lay growling and snoring.  One of the other guests taxi's arrived and she pushed that guest aside screaming at them "Thats my taxi, I'm going" and lurched off down the front path.

Good riddance! If that weren't so awful it would be funny.
"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to shop." Gittel Hudnick

MsMarjorie

• The world was my oyster but I used the wrong fork

Good riddance! If that weren't so awful it would be funny.

It was pretty funny - afterwards.  I was so grateful to my friend for letting her take that taxi, I was getting scared she intended sleeping the night on my couch.

Celany

• the soul of a cat, in the body of a person...
Much less scary than my previous stories, but my roommate had a friend over the other night. Hmmm, maybe more of an acquaintance that she was hoping to be friendlier with. He hissed at our cat. And told us that cats in general are nasty, filthy things, but that black cats (as my little cutie-pie is) are the WORST.

My roommate apologized to me after he left. I think she's firmly crossed him off of her list.

Either way, he will not be coming back.
I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. ~ Hippolyte Taine

MerryCat

Ugh who hisses at someone else's cat? I only hiss at my kitty when she does something she know's she's not supposed to do - like scratching the couch instead of her fancy-pants scratching post. But even then, it's a quick little hiss, and I'm allowed to discipline her because I'm the "mom." But belittling someone's else's "baby" - be it human, canine, feline, arachnid or whatever else is just obnoxious.

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
While hissing is somewhat obnoxious, it wouldn't be a bannable offense at my house...

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

MerryCat

I think it depends on the level of hissing. My sister will sometimes hiss if she sees my cat misbehaving. But hissing to express overt hostility while talking about what filthy creatures they are? That gets you banned. I don't expect everyone to love, or even like my cat. If they don't want to pet or interact with her, that's fine too. But what did guy did was much beyond that.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
One nasty comment about cats gets the door at my place.  No second chances.

Celany

• the soul of a cat, in the body of a person...
I think it depends on the level of hissing. My sister will sometimes hiss if she sees my cat misbehaving. But hissing to express overt hostility while talking about what filthy creatures they are? That gets you banned. I don't expect everyone to love, or even like my cat. If they don't want to pet or interact with her, that's fine too. But what did guy did was much beyond that.

Yeah, it wasn't just about the hissing. The dude doesn't have to love my cat. Or even like him. I have friends that don't care for cats. But they're not outright hostile to cats. And this wasn't like a little "hiss hiss" (I've done that with cats that have claws. My current guy had his claws taken away before he came to me). This was a full on HIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS complete with saliva flying far and wide, due to the strength of the hiss. And coupled with talking about how "filthy" cats are (I'm sorry, but most cats I know spend about a 1/3 of their awake time grooming), and talking about how black cats are the worst of them all (cuz, ya know, the color of the cat totally means something...). No. Absolutely no.

And part of what made me so mad about it (I probably should have mentioned it before) is my little guy is super shy. This is not a get-in-your-face-love-me-for-I-am-CAT kind of cat. This is a bashful Hi-I-am-scared-and-insecure-and-you-seem-nice-but-I-am-scared kind of cat. When company comes over, he doesn't come up on to the couch unless invited.

ETA: here are a few photos of him http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=92788.0. He is a giant scaredy cat.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:20:28 AM by Celany »
I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. ~ Hippolyte Taine