Author Topic: ". . . And s/he was NOT invited back!" - share your rudest guest stories  (Read 83982 times)

Virg

• Super Hero!
Re: ". . . And s/he was NOT invited back!" - share your rudest guest stories
« Reply #315 on: September 24, 2013, 02:16:06 PM »
Shalamar wrote:

"Not only that, but because we'd gotten home before she'd expected us, she hadn't had a chance to close down her chat window, and we found that she was talking to a boy about - well, let's just say the same act that made Monica Lewinsky famous."

Wait, she was talking to a boy about getting intimate with the President?  I'm not sure I'd have cut off someone who's got connections in the White House.  >:D

Virg

Shalamar

« Reply #316 on: September 24, 2013, 04:04:41 PM »
Dang!  I've been wondering why those Secret Service guys keep hanging around our house and glaring at me.   ;D

Tea Drinker

« Reply #317 on: September 24, 2013, 05:20:41 PM »
Shalamar wrote:

"Not only that, but because we'd gotten home before she'd expected us, she hadn't had a chance to close down her chat window, and we found that she was talking to a boy about - well, let's just say the same act that made Monica Lewinsky famous."

Wait, she was talking to a boy about getting intimate with the President?  I'm not sure I'd have cut off someone who's got connections in the White House.  >:D

Virg

You definitely win the thread. I literally laughed out loud.
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

MamaMootz

• I'm a lumberjack and I'm O.K....
« Reply #318 on: September 25, 2013, 03:54:14 PM »
heyyoume's story reminds me of a babysitter we used to have.  She wasn't a very good babysitter (she barely interacted with our kids), but she was all we could get one evening.  We came home unexpectedly early and found her downstairs in our study.  That was already a bit weird (the kids were asleep upstairs; why was she in the study, as opposed to, say, the livingroom)?  After she'd left, we found that she'd installed MSN Messenger on our computer (strike 1 - do NOT touch our computer, and strike 2, do NOT install software without asking us first).   Not only that, but because we'd gotten home before she'd expected us, she hadn't had a chance to close down her chat window, and we found that she was talking to a boy about - well, let's just say the same act that made Monica Lewinsky famous.   :o  Strike 3.

We didn't hire her again.

That one would have caused me to print out the chat transcript and get in touch with said babysitter's parents.
"I like pie" - DD's Patented Bean Dip Maneuver

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #319 on: September 26, 2013, 07:24:05 PM »
My DH's second cousins came to visit twice. Each time, I noticed more and more DVDs missing. We have over 1000, and have  spreadsheet to keep track of where they are stored in our place. Each visit, we would be missing 2-3 discs and cases and at least 3 more discs, but the cases were left. Biggest issue? Many of them were not available at the time they were taken, so we had to either do without or find a second hand copy to replace it.

Never coming back.

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #320 on: September 27, 2013, 06:52:58 AM »
The worst guest we've had was DH's cousin who came to visit three days(!) after I'd been discharged from hospital after having Baby Wolverine taken out manually.
I was in some serious pain (but I was also on good drugs so that helped a lot) and struggling with bf'ing. We were comp feeding Wolvie (so, as long on breast as she could handle then a formula top-up).
Cousin came over with her two terrors of children - aged two and four - who proceeded to terrorise our cats until they retreated to the roof of the fernery. They then demanded snacks and Cousin got upset when we didn't have anything 'kid appropriate' because "You've got a child now, you need to have snacks for kids to eat!" - please note. Baby Wolverine was less than 2 weeks old at this stage, not so much into snacks, yet.

She then proceeded to give me a lecture about bf'ing and how feeding Wolvie "like that" - ie, topping her up with formula - was going to "make her fat".

When she left (after three hours, when Husband said 'I think Drifter and Wolvie need to sleep, we'll see you at Christmas') Husband went to make Wolvie's bottle and discovered that the tin of formula had been up-ended into the bin, making it unusable.
This was a probably 7/8 full tin of formula that had cost $29.
Husband called his cousin and read her the riot act, and she decided to get sanctimonious about it, saying she had only done it 'for the good of the baby - Drifter's not trying hard enough to bf and having the formula in the house is going to make her lazy!'.

Yeah, we've double-checked the arrangements for Christmas so that we won't be at DH's aunty's place the same day as Cousin and her spawn. As have the rest of Husband's brothers and his parents. I'm proud to say that my MIL actually called her sister (Cousin's mum) and asked her what the hell her daughter was thinking when she did that. I didn't ask her to, in fact it was DH who told her the story in the first place, but I did get a lovely phone call from DH's aunty apologising for her daughters' behaviour.
Aunty is welcome at our house. Cousin is NOT.
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #321 on: September 27, 2013, 07:12:44 AM »
WOW!!!  So glad to hear that at least the aunty set her daughter straight on that count, as having used formula before, I'd be livid if someone dumped my only container in the trash, as it's not cheap and this last time around I was not on WIC so we were paying for it ourselves.  :P Boy does that add up but I figured it was worth it for peace of mind. (previous bf'ing attempts were frustrating and stressful)

I wouldn't want that cousin around me either!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #322 on: September 27, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »
I had just moved into my very first apartment and I really liked it. No one had ever lived in it and I spent a lot of time decorating it and everything. I was quite pleased. Then, I invited this guy I was friends with at the time over and he brought a couple of friends who were visiting him. These guys were the type who thought they were so cool that everyone should just be overjoyed to be in their presence. They came in my apartment and wandered around eating my food and telling stupid stories. Then, one of them walked over to my bookshelf, grabbed my leather Bible that my Mom had got me (which was pretty expensive, not to mention, it was a *Bible*). He took it, held it up in the air, and said "This is what we think of Bibles!" and ripped it up right in front of me! My mouth dropped open and I was speechless! The guy that I had invited over, then said, "Uh, we better get going," and I said "Yeah, I think so." Man, that still makes me angry to think about it.

O_O

Holy wibbly wobbly timey wimey CRUD MONKEYS!! You are much kinder than I, for if that occurred in my house I would be cross enough to bodily drag that person from my home by the most painful part of his anatomy and insist he reimburse the cost of the property he destroyed. Complete with threats of a lawsuit. Yes I know it is extreme, however I will go to extremes to ensure the safety of my personal affects.

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #323 on: September 28, 2013, 01:15:07 AM »
When she left (after three hours, when Husband said 'I think Drifter and Wolvie need to sleep, we'll see you at Christmas') Husband went to make Wolvie's bottle and discovered that the tin of formula had been up-ended into the bin, making it unusable.
Husband called his cousin and read her the riot act, and she decided to get sanctimonious about it, saying she had only done it 'for the good of the baby - Drifter's not trying hard enough to bf and having the formula in the house is going to make her lazy!'.

...y'know, my involuntary reaction to reading that was to say, out loud, a word that would get me in trouble if I posted it here. :P Good on you for standing up for yourselves, and good on Auntie!
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Iris

« Reply #324 on: September 28, 2013, 01:26:33 AM »
siamesecat's story reminded me of one. Waaaay back in my uni days two friends and I were renting a house together. Since it was so convenient to town often friends would crash in our lounge room if they couldn't get home safely. We had no problem with this - the more the merrier!

Until the night that one friend bought a partner home with him. To our lounge room. The lounge room through which we had to pass to get ANYWHERE in the house (including the bathroom and kitchen) from our bedrooms. So we were essentially trapped in our rooms unless we wanted to see something we didn't want to see. One of my friends was eventually desperate enough to go to the bathroom that he *ran* through the lounge room, averting his gaze and mentally going "Lalalala". He heard enough to confirm our suspicions though. Mind you, this was the next morning so they didn't even have alcohol as an excuse. Yeah, he didn't stay at our house after that.

Of course these days I'd be more likely to just interrupt and kick them out but we were fresh out of high school and all raised in fairly conservative families so we had no clue what we could do.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

nuit93

« Reply #325 on: September 28, 2013, 03:16:12 AM »
When I was in college, I shared an apartment with a friend of mine.  One of our first nights there, we had a small party with a few friends and a fair bit of alcohol.

One of the guests was a guy I was sort of seeing.  He...overindulged, for starters.  To the point of vomiting and then passing out in our only bathroom.  Since he was kind of a big guy, physically picking him up and moving him was not really possible.  Prior to this he had also been hitting on one of the female guests and making her uncomfortable.

'Sort of seeing' turned into 'yeah, I don't think we can even be friends now, g'bye'.

Otterpop

« Reply #326 on: September 28, 2013, 09:39:44 AM »
We had DH's coworker and then fiance over for lunch at our first house.  The house was small and 50 years old but we could afford it and were fixing it up ourselves. 

Fiance kept saying she "would never buy a house with..." in every room.  At the end of the "tour" she said she'd never buy a house over 10 years old, so small and in such an old neighborhood  (Well, lucky we aren't forcing you to buy it!).

By the end of the visit I was done with her.  Coworker was lovely and seemed embarrassed, but we did not ask them to stay for a movie or snacks or anything.  We never had them over again.

And oh yeah, the eventual marriage lasted two years.  Don't know how he lasted so long.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:42:06 AM by Otterpop »

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #327 on: September 28, 2013, 11:31:15 AM »

...y'know, my involuntary reaction to reading that was to say, out loud, a word that would get me in trouble if I posted it here. :P Good on you for standing up for yourselves, and good on Auntie!

I've got to say, the dumping of formula is bad enough... but the follow up would leave me tempted to cut direct.  That's abominable... and this coming from someone who doesn't like formula at all (fortunately, since I'll never be using it, my opinion matter not one whit.)

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #328 on: September 28, 2013, 02:45:32 PM »

I've got to say, the dumping of formula is bad enough... but the follow up would leave me tempted to cut direct.  That's abominable... and this coming from someone who doesn't like formula at all (fortunately, since I'll never be using it, my opinion matter not one whit.)

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but did she at least reimburse you for the property she destroyed? 

Either way, that's enough to get a "How dare you; we're done" reaction.

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #329 on: September 29, 2013, 09:22:12 AM »

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but did she at least reimburse you for the property she destroyed? 

Either way, that's enough to get a "How dare you; we're done" reaction.

No, we didn't get reimbursed from Cousin, but Aunty came over and apologised in person for Cousin's actions, apparently is sneakier than I give her credit for because I didn't even notice her going into the kitchen where she noted what formula we were using and got us a fresh tin which she dropped off the next day.
I'm sad to say that Cousin used to be a lovely person, until she divorced her first husband not long before I married my Husband, and then took up with her new beau. He has been an horrific influence on both her and her child, and it's almost sad to see that Cousin's ex-husband actually has a better rel@tionship with Cousin's family (including us!) than Cousin herself has.
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,