Author Topic: I'm using and repeating this wedding-style  (Read 20187 times)

MizB

Re: I'm using and repeating this wedding-style *Update*
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2010, 02:11:18 PM »
Update:

I'm still getting "For my awesome Bridesmaids" e-mails, where the B2B is telling her bridesmaids that she wants them to keep her accountable for x, y, and z. None of the bridesmaids live near her, so I have no idea how she wants them to hold her accountable for anything.

Also, she IM-ed me and mentioned that she was having a hard time writing her own vows. Then she asked me what BK and I were doing for our vows. I said we hadn't decided yet (my standard line when she asks about anything related to the wedding), and she asked if I had started writing my vows yet, because she wanted some ideas. Now, her wedding is before mine, so she could quote my vows verbatim, and no one would know that she hadn't written them. In addition, her fiance called BK and I "copycats" for getting engaged after they did (BK waited to propose so that they could have their time in the spotlight. Two days after our facebook status changed to engaged, the B2B posted a picture of her ring, which had been up previously, when she first got engaged), which is kind of a moot point, because BK and I are most likely going to use traditional vows.

But still, she basically wanted me to e-mail her any vows I'd written so that she could get "some ideas" for hers. I told her to google it.

I would tell her that I was planning to use traditional vows and email her a link to a traditional vows webiste. (A friend of mine that recently got married used one to pick her vows.) You could also tell her that you were thinking of saying your vows in some sort of foreign language, but that might be a little snarky.  ;)
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Orisha

Re: I'm using and repeating this wedding-style
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2010, 08:57:37 AM »
She seems to be confused, so I'd set her straight via email (reply to one of her emails) and then get rid of her.

B2B,

You seem to still be thinking of me as a bridesmaid. However, I already said that I couldn't be a bridesmaid. I won't be able to help you with any aspect of wedding planning.

Best,
GirlyJock

POD. She doesn't seem to be getting that you've declined.  Or, that bridesmaids aren't obligated to do all that much beyond show up.

Squeaks

• Super Hero!
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2010, 09:17:06 AM »
Am i the only one who thinks it was a bit obnoxious of the bride to make a point of saying "all the weekends are free"?  That just seems to add insult to injury. It is one thing to pick the date she wants, but another to make a point of saying it would have been easy to pick a different, but she did not want to.  It just seems mean to me. 

KitFox

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2010, 09:28:37 AM »
I don't think she has a right to be hurt. You told her BEFORE she picked the day that you would NOT be able to come if it was on that one day. You didn't tell her to change her wedding day. You told her before she picked her date that these were the parameters for your attendance. That's not unreasonable.

Maybe this is too much of an assumption, but I've known a lot of people who will set you up for some kind of "friendship test" to see if you measure up to their ideas of what a "true friend" is. Usually they're controlling, demanding people. If she fits that description, it may have been a test. Based on the communication blanketing, I think she's trying to bully you.

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2010, 12:57:30 AM »

Sounds like she really didn't want you to begin with, choosing your birthday knowing you wouldn't do it.
Took the easy way out.
Glad you dodged that one!
Stewart/Colbert '16

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2010, 01:52:05 AM »
Sounds like she really didn't want you to begin with, choosing your birthday knowing you wouldn't do it.
Took the easy way out.

Or, as KitFox suggested, she was testing to see if you would give up your birthday for her wedding.  Cos OBVIOUSLY a wedding is way more important than a silly birthday.  ::)
It's best to love your family as you would a Siberian Tiger - from a distance, preferably separated by bars . -- Pearls Before Swine (16-May-2009)

FunkyMunky

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2010, 07:00:36 AM »
Took the easy way out.

Or, as KitFox suggested, she was testing to see if you would give up your birthday for her wedding.  Cos OBVIOUSLY a wedding is way more important than a silly birthday.  ::)

Even though it's a shared birthday, so GirlyJock would have to give up not only her own but also her (sister's? I think) birthday. But still, it's a weeeeddddddiiinnnng!

Personally I would have sent some vows in Klingon then blocked her email address. But that's me.

Lynda_34

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2010, 07:01:50 PM »
I just found this, it has all the trappings of a gimme pig and I'm sure there are some more interesting details.

How was the birthday by the way?  I can see where that would be important since there are four people involved as well as parents and siblings, it seemed to me to almost be an informal annual family reunion.