General Etiquette > Etiquette Hell Classics

From E-Hell Blog: Do People Listen To The Lyrics?

<< < (45/50) > >>

TheaterDiva1:
I dance in flash mobs, and I did one recently for a marriage proposal.  We did Pitbull's "Give Me Everything" which has a pretty chorus, but a friend told me later it's about a one-night stand.  Eat to start a future together!

GSNW:
What about when people pay attention to only part of the lyrics?  DH and I had our first dance to Edwin McCain's "I'll Be," which to me, is a song about making promises to be there for each other.  I still get misty-eyed when it comes on the radio!  But this part of the chorus:

I'll be your crying shoulder,
I'll be love's suicide
I'll be better when I'm older,
I'll be the greatest fan of your life.

Caused one of my aunts (Fern, incidentally, if you read about her lovely email) to ask my Grandma, "Why are they dancing to a song about SUICIDE?!"  My Grandma and I giggled about it later!

I have been to a few weddings where the HC danced to Boyz II Men's "End of the Road."  That is a breakup song, but it's a great song!

Kendo_Bunny:
I actually almost did this. Not for a wedding, but I only heard the chorus to the Goo Goo Doll's "Slide", which I thought sounded really romantic.

Then I looked up the rest of the words and found out it was a song about teenagers from strict Catholic homes trying to decide what to do about an unplanned pregnancy  :-[

DistantStar:

--- Quote from: nuit93 on January 18, 2013, 04:10:12 PM ---(If you haven't seen Pachelbel's Rant, I can't recommend it enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM)

--- End quote ---

I can't recommend finding a cellist to watch this with enough.  It was sent to me by a dear friend who was one.  It's fall-on-floor funny!

stormyskies:

--- Quote from: DistantStar on March 16, 2013, 10:46:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: nuit93 on January 18, 2013, 04:10:12 PM ---(If you haven't seen Pachelbel's Rant, I can't recommend it enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM)

--- End quote ---

I can't recommend finding a cellist to watch this with enough.  It was sent to me by a dear friend who was one.  It's fall-on-floor funny!

--- End quote ---

Hahaha I love that rant:"When you walk to school with a cello you're like a wounded gazelle on the Serengeti"

My sister (a vocalist) assures me that ALL musicians hate Pachelbels Canon, not just the cellists. Anything that is played over and over again eventually acquires a certain punitive effect  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version