General Etiquette > Etiquette Hell Classics

From E-Hell Blog: Do People Listen To The Lyrics?

<< < (46/50) > >>

BB-VA:

--- Quote from: DistantStar on March 16, 2013, 10:46:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: nuit93 on January 18, 2013, 04:10:12 PM ---(If you haven't seen Pachelbel's Rant, I can't recommend it enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM)

--- End quote ---

I can't recommend finding a cellist to watch this with enough.  It was sent to me by a dear friend who was one.  It's fall-on-floor funny!

--- End quote ---

So is Rockelbel's Canon:

http://youtu.be/LV5_xj_yuhs

RebeccainGA:
There are two unconventional/obscure songs that (when) DP and I can get legally married, I want played. Yes, we've had two small wedding ceremonies. No, that doesn't mean that I can't have a 'real' one when it's legal, and darn it, I want one where I don't have to do anything but be the bride on my wedding day for once!

One is the James Taylor song "New Hymn" - http://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/james+taylor/new+hymn_20069195.html
It's sort of an invocation to all the power of the world - God, science, love, life. Makes me cry, often, hearing it - it's just so powerful.

The other one is really light hearted, and lovely, and was what I thought of when DP gave me my engagement ring. She had a really hard time affording anything, and then stumbled into a sale and was able to buy me *two* of the same ring (it's a tiny eternity set, 1/4 carat total each, but with two soldered together it goes from 'tiny ring' to something really magnificent - a metaphor for marriage if I've ever heard one!). It's called "Cracker Jack Ring", by a family friend, Pierce Pettis. http://www.newreleasetuesday.com/lyricsdetail.php?lyrics_id=50719

My favorite part?

"I worked a whole year Ė toil, sweat and tears, and I sold my red Trans Am,
Baby, I donít mind Ė Iíd do it anytime, just to put that ring on your hand,
Itís just a little stone, and donít think I donít know you could do a lot better than me,
Iím such a lucky guy and, baby, that is why that ainít no cracker jack ring."

Redsoil:
A couple of people thought one of our wedding songs in the church was a bit strange:

Plaisir D'amour

The joy of love is but a moment long;
The pain of love endures a whole life long.
Your eyes kissed mine; I saw the love in them shine;
You brought me heaven right then when your eyes kissed mine.
My love loves me, and all the wonders I see;
A rainbow shines in my window; my love loves me.
But now he's gone, like a dream that fades into dawn,
But the words stay locked in my heartstrings, "My love loves me."
The joy of love is but a moment long,

...and I suppose to some it would be a bit maudlin.  However, it was an acknowledgement that love isn't just sunshine and roses, that marriage was about the pain of love, and enduring, as well.  Plus, we'd had a long-distance relationship for the first year, so knew the pain of missing someone when they were away.

cabbagegirl28:

--- Quote from: Redsoil on June 04, 2013, 10:49:28 AM ---A couple of people thought one of our wedding songs in the church was a bit strange:

Plaisir D'amour

The joy of love is but a moment long;
Your eyes kissed mine; I saw the love in them shine;
You brought me heaven right then when your eyes kissed mine.
My love loves me, and all the wonders I see;
A rainbow shines in my window; my love loves me.
But now he's gone, like a dream that fades into dawn,
But the words stay locked in my heartstrings, "My love loves me."
The joy of love is but a moment long,

...and I suppose to some it would be a bit maudlin.  However, it was an acknowledgement that love isn't just sunshine and roses, that marriage was about the pain of love, and enduring, as well.  Plus, we'd had a long-distance relationship for the first year, so knew the pain of missing someone when they were away.

--- End quote ---

Well, "Plaisir d'amour" is also a French song which is about a man singing about his ungrateful love, Sylvia, because she took another lover. I could understand why people might be confused for that reason, but I think that the song you used is lovely. I'm glad you could find something you both loved.

Anyanka:
When we got married in a British regisrty office, we were told we could have any song not normally played in a religious setting as our tune and I  so wanted to play "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath..

Fortunatly good taste got the better of me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version