General Etiquette > Etiquette Hell Classics

From E-Hell Blog: Do People Listen To The Lyrics?

<< < (48/50) > >>

JacklynHyde:
There is a lounge version of it done by Richard Cheese.  He does lounge versions of some of the most insane music imaginable.

lady_disdain:

--- Quote from: Chivewarrior on May 08, 2013, 02:13:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: stormyskies on May 07, 2013, 11:01:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: DistantStar on March 16, 2013, 10:46:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: nuit93 on January 18, 2013, 04:10:12 PM ---(If you haven't seen Pachelbel's Rant, I can't recommend it enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM)

--- End quote ---

I can't recommend finding a cellist to watch this with enough.  It was sent to me by a dear friend who was one.  It's fall-on-floor funny!

--- End quote ---

Hahaha I love that rant:"When you walk to school with a cello you're like a wounded gazelle on the Serengeti"

My sister (a vocalist) assures me that ALL musicians hate Pachelbels Canon, not just the cellists. Anything that is played over and over again eventually acquires a certain punitive effect  :P

--- End quote ---
Coming from a school with a stronger-than-average traditional music program (we have very large banjo, fiddle, and mandolin classes), it doesn't get as strong hate here simply because when was the last time you ever heard Pachelbel's Canon on the banjo? Though now I kind of want someone to do that...

--- End quote ---

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkphRouMbBg
A less painful version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGL96G5Ai-w

Auryn Grigori:

--- Quote from: lollylegs on July 14, 2013, 02:15:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bethczar on July 13, 2013, 03:29:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: lollylegs on July 10, 2013, 11:03:21 PM ---My cousin and his wife chose 'Baby Got Back' for their first dance because, to use their words, it was a song that followed them throughout their relationship - it was playing the first time they met, when my cousin asked her out, in the car on their first date. It was fun watching them try to slow dance to it!

--- End quote ---
There is a mellow, slow version of it - can't remember who sings it. I heard it one night as background music at a bar/restaurant. I kind of like it.  ;D

--- End quote ---
Jonathon Coulton. He is awesome. He also did a song called "I'm Your Moon." It was based on the whole Pluto not being a planet thing, with Charon consoling the no longer planet
That sounds really great! I'll have to look that one up, thanks.

--- End quote ---

Auryn Grigori:
One of the weirdest songs I have ever hear for a wedding (this one in Glee, and the show has a habit of inappropriate songs) was Bruno Mars' "I Think I Wanna Marry You." To me, a song about getting married because you have nothing better to do is a bit odd. "It's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do, hey baby, I think I want to marry you." What every woman wants to hear as a proposal. >:D

WolfWay:

--- Quote from: Auryn Grigori on October 11, 2013, 03:42:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: lollylegs on July 14, 2013, 02:15:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bethczar on July 13, 2013, 03:29:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: lollylegs on July 10, 2013, 11:03:21 PM ---My cousin and his wife chose 'Baby Got Back' for their first dance because, to use their words, it was a song that followed them throughout their relationship - it was playing the first time they met, when my cousin asked her out, in the car on their first date. It was fun watching them try to slow dance to it!

--- End quote ---
There is a mellow, slow version of it - can't remember who sings it. I heard it one night as background music at a bar/restaurant. I kind of like it.  ;D

--- End quote ---
Jonathon Coulton. He is awesome. He also did a song called "I'm Your Moon." It was based on the whole Pluto not being a planet thing, with Charon consoling the no longer planet
That sounds really great! I'll have to look that one up, thanks.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
If you like unusual cover versions of songs, John Cheese does lounge singer covers of alternative/rock/rap/metal songs. They are... odd.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version