General Etiquette > Etiquette Hell Classics

From E-Hell Blog: Do People Listen To The Lyrics?

<< < (50/50)

katycoo:

--- Quote from: Sirius on July 25, 2011, 01:23:31 PM ---Our friend who is an operatic baritone sang at our wedding, and he sang "Sunrise, Sunset" from Fiddler on the Roof, "Ave Maria" (probably the first time "Ave Maria" has been sung in a Baptist church) and a song our worship band had performed, "Family Worship Song."  By the time he and I talked music I was so stressed I didn't care if he got up there and sang the ABC Song, but I knew I wanted "Family Worship Song."  In fact, I knew it from the first time we'd sung it, even before Mr. Sirius joined our band.

--- End quote ---

Really?  Why would you say that?

Sharnita:

--- Quote from: katycoo on November 24, 2013, 06:25:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sirius on July 25, 2011, 01:23:31 PM ---Our friend who is an operatic baritone sang at our wedding, and he sang "Sunrise, Sunset" from Fiddler on the Roof, "Ave Maria" (probably the first time "Ave Maria" has been sung in a Baptist church) and a song our worship band had performed, "Family Worship Song."  By the time he and I talked music I was so stressed I didn't care if he got up there and sang the ABC Song, but I knew I wanted "Family Worship Song."  In fact, I knew it from the first time we'd sung it, even before Mr. Sirius joined our band.

--- End quote ---

Really?  Why would you say that?

--- End quote ---

I would guess because it is the Catholic prayer "Hail Mary" which is a prayer that has not been embraced by Protestants. Baptists are not commonly big Maryists.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version