Author Topic: From E-Hell Blog: Do People Listen To The Lyrics?  (Read 90282 times)

Fluffy Cat

• Formerly MoretaTorene
Re: From E-Hell Blog: Do People Listen To The Lyrics?
« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2010, 06:35:22 PM »
Actually, I have a really cute part of my wedding video where my DH and I are dancing to "You've Lost that Lovin' Feeling" and we're lip syncing to it.  Its my second favorite part of my wedding video.  It wasn't our First Dance song.  We just like the Top Gun soundtrack.
"Its so fluffy I could DIE"

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2010, 08:15:26 PM »
I hear the cake recipe can be found in the game...  but I doubt you want to serve that particular recipe to your guests!   :D

Although it is said to be quite delicious and moist...   ;D

- saphie

The recipe contains way too much rhubarb  :P

I made the cake in milk chocolate for my boyfriend's 26th birthday. I used like a pound of Cadbury's, and ringed it with strawberries, since we prefer them to maraschino cherries.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2010, 12:58:46 PM »
I just heard Lovesong by the Cure, which i quite like, but i can see a lot of people being funny about it just because its the Cure!!

It's a little on the wistful side, but I like it!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

girlysprite

• I like big books, and I cannot lie
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2010, 07:10:33 AM »
I was actually considering the 'here comes the bride' song from the movie corpsebride. I loved it to bits, kept looping it on my MP3 player. Didn't end up picking it because my brother offered to mke a song for me before I had made my choice. It's much cooler to have your own custom entrance music!

link of song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-srbkpKCxQ&feature=PlayList&p=212360A58A5199E6&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1

i was thinking of the music from 1:27.

I can imagine that some people might have given it a funny look though if i had ended up playing that ;)

I have heard of inappropiate DJ choices. Not really the song text, but the DJ assumed that the couple came from rural area A and played songs from that origin and accent, while they actually came from rural area B (which was really different). Just imagine A DJ mistaking a NY couple for Texans. He quickly noted the mistake and changed the playlist. There was this...eery silence from *everyone* prior to that though.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 07:12:57 AM by girlysprite »

Twirly

• Your Pop Filter
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2010, 04:58:24 PM »
I just heard Lovesong by the Cure, which i quite like, but i can see a lot of people being funny about it just because its the Cure!!

It's a little on the wistful side, but I like it!

It's one of the only cure songs that's not about lost love, or just being lost, period....so hey...haha.  i also like 311's version, it's less wistful--I get more of a hopeful vibe to it than anything.

This version has been DF's and my song since the minute it came out. It's perfect for us because well obviously it's all about being in luuurv but also it's his favorite band covering my favorite band. We are absolutely adamant about it being our first dance at our wedding.  Thankfully our ballroom dance teacher is choreographing the dance for us, otherwise we would probably just sway slowly in circles for 3 minutes haha

Demons dipped in adorable

My snarky alter ego co-writes a pop culture blog: http://yourpopfilter.com/

evil_xylo

« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2010, 04:47:34 AM »
I'll never forget the wedding I attended in the early '80's. While the couple stood at the alter and stared into each other's eyes a soloist sang Never Before Never Again from the Muppet Movie. The song has beautiful romantic lyrics but I had small children at the time and all I could think of was Miss Piggy singing to Kermit. My husband and I were trying hard not to laugh.

We played "Its Not Easy Being Green" at our reception.  It wasn't our first dance though.

Petticoats

« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2010, 02:32:49 PM »

Its a high school friend of mine's wedding song. They did their "couples" dance to it (she/husband, mother/father, MIL/FIL) it was so sweet.

She and her husband fought a lot (well, they did get married when she was 18 because of immenent bun-in-the-oven syndrome...) and finally decided to get a divorce so they're (at that time) two kids wouldn't have to grow up in a home with so much fighting.

They were headed to a law office to finalize everything (together... They were really trying to be adult about this, despite her only being about 21 at this point) when "Lovesong" came on the radio. She started crying and he pulled over (on a country road) and they talked for awhile.

They decided to give it another chance and 3 years later are doing pretty well. (although eight months after they almost divorced they added baby #3 to the family.... we're still gently teasing them about that.)

Awww... what a sweet story. I hope it works out for them.

For my part, I always get the Cure titles "Lovesong" and "Plainsong" mixed up, and I've been picturing the scene from Marie Antoinette where the royal couple emerge to the accompaniment of "Plainsong." Which might make a kind of awesome wedding processional, come to that. :) (Well, but then we get back to the question of the actual lyrics...!)

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2010, 02:56:43 PM »

Its a high school friend of mine's wedding song. They did their "couples" dance to it (she/husband, mother/father, MIL/FIL) it was so sweet.

She and her husband fought a lot (well, they did get married when she was 18 because of immenent bun-in-the-oven syndrome...) and finally decided to get a divorce so they're (at that time) two kids wouldn't have to grow up in a home with so much fighting.

They were headed to a law office to finalize everything (together... They were really trying to be adult about this, despite her only being about 21 at this point) when "Lovesong" came on the radio. She started crying and he pulled over (on a country road) and they talked for awhile.

They decided to give it another chance and 3 years later are doing pretty well. (although eight months after they almost divorced they added baby #3 to the family.... we're still gently teasing them about that.)

Awww... what a sweet story. I hope it works out for them.

For my part, I always get the Cure titles "Lovesong" and "Plainsong" mixed up, and I've been picturing the scene from Marie Antoinette where the royal couple emerge to the accompaniment of "Plainsong." Which might make a kind of awesome wedding processional, come to that. :) (Well, but then we get back to the question of the actual lyrics...!)

They seemed pretty happy last week. (He's planning a weird surprise for mother's day though... not sure how she'll react to a "mudding" run. lol)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

Cyradis

« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2010, 01:14:51 AM »

It's such a poignant song; I'd love it at my wedding too...if I ever have one.

M-theory

• cybernetic loving
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2010, 08:57:21 PM »
I fully intend to play (the censored version of) Coheed and Cambria's "Welcome Home" at my wedding reception. And yes, I've listened to the lyrics. :P

MummyPumpkin83

« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2010, 06:13:53 PM »
I walked down the aisle to The String quartet version of U2s "With or with out you" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGhWRMGHHe8&feature=PlayList&p=E430E6694DEE2AA8&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=19)

The music while we signed the register was U2s "One"

We walked out of the church to and into the reception to 2 other U2 songs (my mind is totally blank at the moment)

Our cake cutting / first dance song was U2s "Grace"
Mummy to 3 little Pumpkin boys!

PurpleFrog

« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2010, 10:54:42 AM »
Hi, newbie posting, I don't mind any song that has meaning for the couple, but just grabbing at any random 'soppy' sounding song regardless of content irritates me. However, while I agree with pp that a reception doesn't have to be all love songs the worst display of inappropriate music I've ever seen wad from a singer at a recent wedding. She hopped up onstage in her WHITE lace dress and opened her set with 'Hallelujah' (sp) followed by 'My Heart Will Go On', 'I will always love you' and a solo version of 'I know him so well'. Not the best opening to a wedding set.
Mind you SO and I always threaten the Hoki Coki as our first dance.
[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve

gmatoy

« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2010, 01:31:07 PM »
We had "You're the Inspiration" by Chicago as our first dance.  Don't laugh, it was the 80s.  ;D

Our wedding song was 'Colour My World' also by Chicago. :) It was 1971.

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2010, 04:41:36 PM »
I LOVE 'You're the Inspiration', I don't care if it's a cheesy song! I would want it played at my wedding, too.

bduckie

« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2010, 10:54:09 PM »
WE used "Fall for You" as our enterance sone, and I wonder if people noticed the first line "Best thing about tonight is we're not fighting" ;D
I don't know where everyone got the idea that life was meant to be fair, but they sure got a bad deal with that message. Once you know fairness is not required, is not compulsory, and in fact often has nothing to do with anything, you can get on with it.