Author Topic: '24' Party?  (Read 3412 times)

ninja710

Re: '24' Party?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 10:53:40 AM »
I had another brainstorm - as the guests arrive, I'll hand each a slip with a particular Jack Bauer quote (like "Just trust me"), and whenever the birthday boy (BB) says a target phrase, everyone with that slip will say, "Just trust me" or whatever.  As in:

BB: thank you all for coming
Group 1: "There was no other choice"

So I need phrase suggestions...anybody?

Just Lori

• USA
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 11:03:38 AM »
I had another brainstorm - as the guests arrive, I'll hand each a slip with a particular Jack Bauer quote (like "Just trust me"), and whenever the birthday boy (BB) says a target phrase, everyone with that slip will say, "Just trust me" or whatever.  As in:

BB: thank you all for coming
Group 1: "There was no other choice"

So I need phrase suggestions...anybody?

"Secure the perimeter."

"It's complicated."

And my favorite:

"I have killed two people since midnight. I haven't slept in over 24 hours. So maybe you should be a little more afraid of me than you are now."

I wish I could take credit for these, but here's the link:

http://www.stubaker.com/24/index.html

Mikayla

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 06:55:47 PM »
When guests arrive, hand them printouts with a triangulated grid of your home, highlighting the location of bathrooms and porches.

Seat the guests so everyone has to do that over-the-shoulder thing when they look at each other.
Edgar was the best at this.

Hand out little mini suitcase nukes as party favors 

Not real ones, of course.  But little tiny plastic ones from a dollar store and fill with a mousetrap and glowworm candy.  ;D

Yes I love this show and it's on in TWO hours!

ninja710

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 01:19:30 PM »
Great ideas - thanks!

alli_wan

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2007, 03:35:01 PM »
I don't watch the show, so all I know about it the 'countdown' numbers.

You could print placeholders or food labels in the same font, and get toothpicks in the same color (obviously with count down numbers made of toothpicks decoratively glued to the tablecloth).

Also, a number theme might be nice for the food.  (Countdown cake, cheese and crackers arranged to spell out numbers).  Some sort of count down?  Or precisely timed things? 

RubySlippers

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 09:12:01 PM »
If anyone named "Kim" is invited - they must wander around uselessly waiting to be kidnapped.

Just Lori

• USA
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 08:18:18 AM »
If anyone named "Kim" is invited - they must wander around uselessly waiting to be kidnapped.

Ding ding ding!  We have a winner! :D

ninja710

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 05:38:32 PM »
You'll need explosions too. Lots of them.

OK - how about some of those 'party crackers'.  I think they use them in the UK?

If the party giver is in the US, the only place I'm sure that I've seen party crackers is at World Market (or Cost Plus World Market).  You might also try Pier One or Party America - places like that.  They are a party supply, but not as "standard" as things like paper and plastic supplies and those stupid cheap-o plastic toy favors for kids, so kind of hard to find in some areas.

I found party crackers at K-mart, so I'm all set.  Also, I ordered the birthday boy a membership in the '24' fan club - it will be from our 2 cats as they love '24'.  (At least, they love having us be immoveable couch potatoes for hours on end.)

ETA:  I love the Kim idea - wonder how I can implement that?  Maybe a name tag on a neck thing that people can take turns wearing?