Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 558397 times)

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #7380 on: Yesterday at 11:01:59 AM »
This was actually a couple of nights ago. Mrs.k2002 and I had dinner at the Carthay Circle restaurant at Disney's California Adventure:

Appetizers: Fritto Misto and Ginger Pork Pot Stickers
Me: Chicken/spinach ravioli with Summer Corn Broth, Crimini Mushrooms, and Applewood Bacon
Mrs.k2002: Lamb porterhouse with Parmesan Gnocchi, Lamb Shoulder, Asparagus, and Preserved Lemon
Wine: Byron Vineyards Pinot Noir (only so-so, I'm afraid)
Dessert: Valrhona Milk Chocolate Crème Brûlée Tart and Graham's 20-year Tawny Port

The night before we dined at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel:

Me: Caesar salad and a bone-in ribeye steak
Mrs.k2002: House salad and Filet Mignon
Wine: Duckhorn Vineyards Merlot
Dessert: Signature 24-layer chocolate cake. We actually had to take the cake home and ate it 2 days later -- it was still very moist. Warning: Don't watch that video if you are at all susceptible to chocolate.

Lunch our last day was appetizers at the Carthay Circle Lounge:

Santa Monica Deviled Eggs (two orders -- these things are absolute heaven)
Spicy Chicken Roll
Butcher's Plate (American Prosciutto, Salamis, Breasola, Dried Fruits and Nuts)

People don't associate amusement parks with fine dining, but it can be done. If you find yourselves at the Disneyland Resort and are in need of a break, I highly recommend the Carthay Circle Lounge. The appetizers are great and the cocktails are fantastic.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #7381 on: Yesterday at 11:07:21 AM »
We frequently dine at the restaurants at Walt Disney World. Some fine dining there.

We went to Texas de Brazil yesterday for lunch, it was delightful.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7382 on: Yesterday at 01:06:01 PM »
We frequently dine at the restaurants at Walt Disney World. Some fine dining there.

We went to Texas de Brazil yesterday for lunch, it was delightful.

A currascuria? Yummm. We had a very good one in our neighborhood, but it moved away. Now we would have to go to Beverly Hills and Fogo de Chao, which is very pricey.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7383 on: Yesterday at 01:43:06 PM »
Orlando and the surrounding areas have the Magical Dining Month promotion. $33 per person includes appetizer, entree and dessert. We're making the most of it.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7384 on: Yesterday at 02:15:56 PM »
Orlando and the surrounding areas have the Magical Dining Month promotion. $33 per person includes appetizer, entree and dessert. We're making the most of it.

We're hoping we can make it to Florida next year for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7385 on: Yesterday at 02:26:28 PM »

Dessert: Signature 24-layer chocolate cake. We actually had to take the cake home and ate it 2 days later -- it was still very moist. Warning: Don't watch that video if you are at all susceptible to chocolate.

OH. EM. GEE.

Major drool!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7386 on: Yesterday at 02:31:34 PM »

We're hoping we can make it to Florida next year for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.

Let me know by PM. After I finish my BA, we are getting annual passes again.

Specky

« Reply #7387 on: Yesterday at 02:32:28 PM »
Looks like it would be fun to make.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7388 on: Yesterday at 03:43:46 PM »

OH. EM. GEE.

Major drool!

Sorry 'bout that, chief! It tastes as good as it looks (or better.) It took us two days to finish the slice, it's so rich. Usually when we order it, we've got one or both of my sons to help, but didn't this time. It's served with vanilla ice cream and butterscotch chips, just to gild the lily.

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #7389 on: Yesterday at 07:43:17 PM »
Minestrone soup.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7390 on: Yesterday at 07:53:09 PM »
DH also made crispy Parmesan roasted potatoes and onions. Oh my word, so good.