Author Topic: Celebrities you admire for being decent human beings  (Read 2679 times)

Dr. F.

Re: Celebrities you admire for being decent human beings
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2014, 07:46:39 PM »
Robert Redford.

I work in conservation. He and his girlfriend came to visit and got a tour of our sites. He introduced himself as "Bob," and was completely relaxed, easy-going, and well-informed. He greeted all of the students and chatted with them. He and his girlfriend were very interested in what we had to say and tolerated the hour-long off-road trip to get to the field sites calmly. (It's one *heck* of a road!)

They were very friendly and awesomely easy to work with. 

Miss March

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2014, 06:38:51 PM »
Long ago, Brad Pitt used to date Gwyneth Paltrow. Gwyneth's mother, Blythe Danner, was performing in a play for the Williamstown Theater Festival in the Berkshires. Gywneth and Brad came to see the show. One of the theater ushers was an older woman, who did a lot of volunteer work with the American Red Cross, and this was mentioned to Brad in passing. Brad Pitt then autographed a Williamstown Theater Festival t-shirt and gave it to this woman, and she was able to use it as a prize to get more (desperately needed) blood donations. Everyone who gave blood that weekend got a raffle ticket, and someone won that t-shirt.

Again, it only took a minute of Brad Pitt's time, but he went above and beyond to give that volunteer something she could use to further her cause.
How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good bye so hard.-- Winnie the Poo

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2014, 01:03:40 PM »
Ron Perlam: Dressed up in his Hell Boy costume for Make a Wish.

Also, John Cena, WWF wrestler, along with many other wrestlers who donate to Make a Wish, and also the time they give to the enlisted men and women of not only our country, but others as well.

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2014, 03:36:33 PM »
Dh and I were vendors at the National Hot Rod Association that meets every year in my city. It was early one morning and I hadn't woken up yet, really, but this really nice, really familiar looking guy ( with a stunning young woman) stopped by and bought a bunch of stuff. He was so funny......but it wasn't until much later that I realized that it was Billy Gibbon of ZZ Top. Great guy!
"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10

jmarvellous

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2014, 04:09:44 PM »
Dh and I were vendors at the National Hot Rod Association that meets every year in my city. It was early one morning and I hadn't woken up yet, really, but this really nice, really familiar looking guy ( with a stunning young woman) stopped by and bought a bunch of stuff. He was so funny......but it wasn't until much later that I realized that it was Billy Gibbon of ZZ Top. Great guy!

ZZ Top's manager or publicist (I forget, it's been 15 years!) was the parent of a student in a very low-income elementary school where my mother taught.

The band would donate seriously valuable stuff to the school for any silent auction, fundraiser or other event, and it always brought in the big bucks that this school had a really hard time raising. (And of course the woman had nary a bad thing to say about the band members.)

A dear friend used to ride around with Willie Nelson's tours ('80s-'90s). She's not the stereotypical kind of groupie (not that it matters as far as her impressions of him, but she's very clean & sober), and she loves the man like he is her grandfather. She has so many stories of acts of kindness and general camaraderie, it makes me smile every time.

I try to avoid impressions of stars' private personas unless I know and trust the source. (And most friends who are in the business of dealing with celebrities only tell the horror stories, sadly!)
The PR machine is so manipulable!

Hillia

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2014, 04:57:46 PM »
Ron Perlam: Dressed up in his Hell Boy costume for Make a Wish.

Ron Perlman: yeah, not only did he put on the face and costume, he spent the four hours necessary for the full Hellboy transformation and spent the whole day with his Make a Wish partner and his family.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools