News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 28, 2016, 02:14:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Synesthesia and stuff like that  (Read 1503 times)

Bijou

Re: Synesthesia and stuff like that
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2016, 01:22:10 AM »
Me too! The calendar year is definitely an oval, with July at the top and January at the bottom. The week is also a line, with a little wrap-around loop for the weekend. I think that one comes from seeing a month as a standard calendar month.

For me, it's numbers and colors. Each number has a distinct color
1 - white
2 - yellow
3 - green
4 - purplish-red
5 - red
6 - blue
7 - purple
8 - orange
9 - brown or black
0 - clear
Is it the sound of the number or the appearance of it on a page?  I can't look at a number or word without saying it in my head.  I wonder if you are associating the sound of the number with color.  I don't have to say the sound out loud to get the color.  For me, it's just there with the sound, spoken aloud or just thought about.  Have you gone through the alphabet to see if you get colors with sound of the letter?  That might be interesting.

The appearance on a page - it's my little taste of synesthesia. I just see the number and it's in that color. If the "wrong" color is used, it doesn't bother me. I don't really have anything else, other than seeing time in a line or shape.
It takes lots of different forms I guess, having to do with your senses.  I would never want to lose it.  I love having this little enchanting, mysterious facet in my life.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.