News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 02, 2016, 02:42:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 186134 times)

Elisabunny

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #2010 on: Yesterday at 12:46:24 PM »
http://shop.startrek.com/detail.php?p=866906&ecid=EMC-ST-000404&pa=EMC_ST_20160624_Communicator&tp=i-H43-94-3hV-azR8C-1c-1CVuQ-1c-azIrE-3irU&esprid=546590400&espmid=14229

That this *Bluetooth device is available at all* - while I would love to have one to use at home or just to display, at that price, it's not going to happen (so many other things that I could buy two or three or even four of for the same amount of money) - but Snarky & Evil are now wearing original Star Trek uniforms and insisting that they need two of these and at least one working tricorder...

Please note, neither is wearing red.  Snarky is in Science Blue and Evil is in Command gold. 

And I am refusing to buy one to take out of the house because I am so sure that I will run into some special snowflake who would try to take my "silly toy communicator" away from me to amuse themselves or one of their ccchhhiiillldddrrreeennn and it would be broken in short order.  Because it couldn't possibly be "real"! 

Snarky is now suggesting that a nice Star Trek uniform and communicator would be the perfect outfit to wear to a "Time Warp Weekend" at a Renaissance Festival.  I am agreeing with her -  but I watched the original episodes when they were first released, I'm not young enough to get away with a skirt that short any longer...and the outfit wouldn't be "period correct" if I hemmed my uniform to my knees.
Did you know that Build-a-Bear is doing a Star Trek set?

http://www.buildabear.com/shopping/search/Star_Trek/g/?sc_hpan=slider_star-trek

I have never seen Snarky & Evil *coo* over anything before...they are cooing over the Spock bear...but want to know where the Kirk bear is...the gold uniform is there, after all!

IIRC, the First Officer in the original pilot was a slacks-wearing female...
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

Sirius

• Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #2011 on: Yesterday at 01:01:01 PM »
You do remember correctly.  Number One was played by Majel Barrett, who went on to play Christine Chapel (remember her?)

My cellphone is a prehistoric flip phone that looks very much like a Star Trek communicator.  However, anyone who wants to look at it and/or play with it will be told no (sternly or politely, depending on the situation).  Plus, I didn't activate any games or any of the extras, as I only wanted a phone that could make and receive calls.  I can text with it, but texting with this phone is a lengthy procedure saved for dire emergencies, and I've only sent one text since I've had the phone and it took me the better part of a half hour to send two sentences. 

VorFemme

• I am not sweating, I'm glowing!
« Reply #2012 on: Yesterday at 01:08:57 PM »
http://shop.startrek.com/detail.php?p=866906&ecid=EMC-ST-000404&pa=EMC_ST_20160624_Communicator&tp=i-H43-94-3hV-azR8C-1c-1CVuQ-1c-azIrE-3irU&esprid=546590400&espmid=14229

That this *Bluetooth device is available at all* - while I would love to have one to use at home or just to display, at that price, it's not going to happen (so many other things that I could buy two or three or even four of for the same amount of money) - but Snarky & Evil are now wearing original Star Trek uniforms and insisting that they need two of these and at least one working tricorder...

Please note, neither is wearing red.  Snarky is in Science Blue and Evil is in Command gold. 

And I am refusing to buy one to take out of the house because I am so sure that I will run into some special snowflake who would try to take my "silly toy communicator" away from me to amuse themselves or one of their ccchhhiiillldddrrreeennn and it would be broken in short order.  Because it couldn't possibly be "real"! 

Snarky is now suggesting that a nice Star Trek uniform and communicator would be the perfect outfit to wear to a "Time Warp Weekend" at a Renaissance Festival.  I am agreeing with her -  but I watched the original episodes when they were first released, I'm not young enough to get away with a skirt that short any longer...and the outfit wouldn't be "period correct" if I hemmed my uniform to my knees.
Did you know that Build-a-Bear is doing a Star Trek set?

http://www.buildabear.com/shopping/search/Star_Trek/g/?sc_hpan=slider_star-trek

I have never seen Snarky & Evil *coo* over anything before...they are cooing over the Spock bear...but want to know where the Kirk bear is...the gold uniform is there, after all!

IIRC, the First Officer in the original pilot was a slacks-wearing female...

Yes - same actress as the nurse and "canon" position was that it was the nurse's older sister (who was some kind of a prodigy - if I recall correctly something that I read when younger...possibly much younger). 

It's also a good idea - I need to go look up photos from that one episode...Evil & Snarky are now arguing over who gets to be her and who has to bleach her hair & be the nurse...but the nurse gets the tricorder & a pepper shaker* to use as "medical equipment" (*which is what the original medical equipment was off the set...).
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

Minmom3

• Not super patient these days.
« Reply #2013 on: Yesterday at 08:50:24 PM »
I talked to a potential date on the phone a few days ago.  He made me LAUGH!  He was witty, 'quippy', agreed that care in typing is important, grammar and punctuation and clarity of speech are all good things to have, and it was the most fun I've had on a phone call in years and years.....

That was such a spirit lifter!
Double MIL now; not yet a Grandma.  Owner of Lard Butt Noelle, kitteh extraordinaire!  True fact: Eggs can be just as hard to unload as zucchini!