News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 29, 2016, 06:54:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 131978 times)

turtleIScream

Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #1710 on: July 25, 2016, 02:42:50 PM »
My son was gone for 3 hours today, so I had time to take my daughter clothes shopping. We ended up in the young men's department and found her some great shorts she can actually wear to school (besides the dress code required length, she hates the feeling of school chairs on her thighs). We picked up some other needed items, and got to spend some mother-daughter time together. I don't care if I get nothing else done for the rest of the day.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Frog24

« Reply #1711 on: July 26, 2016, 05:55:53 PM »
The co-workers taught me how to get through a Sudoku puzzle, and I made it through a 2 star all by myself today! I could never get those things, but today, I did one with only a few minor errors!

cicero

« Reply #1712 on: July 27, 2016, 05:00:57 AM »
The co-workers taught me how to get through a Sudoku puzzle, and I made it through a 2 star all by myself today! I could never get those things, but today, I did one with only a few minor errors!
Oooh!  Be careful! Those things are mighty addictive!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

gmatoy

« Reply #1713 on: July 27, 2016, 08:55:18 PM »
I have cleaned off my hearth. It was stacked with clutter and I got it cleaned off and stuff is put away or is going out! Worked on pulling weeds in one of my front flower beds. First time since my back surgery!

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1714 on: Yesterday at 05:08:33 AM »
We started working on removal of the phragmites last night - a highly invasive grass species that grows very tall.  And have developed a plan of attack to minimize the environmental risk of what we have to use to kill it.  Turns out?  It's hollow when the stalks are big enough.  So we are going to use dropper bottles and fill them with RoundUp and dropper it directly in the holes of the stalks with large enough holes.  And since all the roots are connected, hopefully, that will work to kill the smaller stalks, too.  It'll probably take a couple of years but we will eradicate this stuff!
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

gmatoy

« Reply #1715 on: Yesterday at 11:14:35 PM »
I finished the first flower bed and got almost all the way done with the second one. Went to physical therapy and then shopping with DH. He made dinner and I washed the dishes. I need to go work on cleaning up the house as we are having the family over on Saturday. But that will have to be later as it is still too hot.

Bijou

« Reply #1716 on: Today at 01:46:18 AM »
I have chronic pain and it has been worse lately so am not really doing as much exercise as I would like.  Not today, but yesterday I went to an hour long exercise class.  It is designed for people who have some limitations so it worked well for me.  I really felt that I had accomplished something big.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1717 on: Today at 11:03:57 AM »
BF gets up at 4:45 for work.  I get up at 5:00 when he comes out of the bathroom.  We take the dogs for a walk, unless it is pouring rain, I prep his breakfast and lunch while he gathers up any stuff he might need and uses the bathroom.  He eats, I drink my tea and see him off by 6:00.

Then I get to work.  Some days, I'm folding laundry.  Some days, I'm doing dishes.  Or doing the accounting (trying to track our spending right now).  Or cleaning the bathrooms.  Watering.  This morning was putting the finishing touches on a couple of applications for BF to try to get a new job.  I have a shower, feed the cats, clean the litterboxes and say goodbye to the dogs, with a treat and out the door by 7:25.  Earlier if I have to stop for gas.

It's only about an hour, and some days, I'm distracted by the computer - eHell mainly - but I get a lot done in that hour.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario