News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 24, 2017, 05:58:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O: House Hunting Horrors!  (Read 302323 times)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: S/O: House Hunting Horrors!
« Reply #1665 on: July 21, 2017, 11:26:16 PM »
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #1666 on: July 21, 2017, 11:37:54 PM »
And as for the permit-less work...ACK!  I know cities and permits can be a pain to deal with, but they're there for a reason!  One of my closest friends owns a house where a previous owner did a whole lot of work without a permit and the number of downright safety hazards she's discovered over the years is eye popping.  It's a bit of a miracle her house hasn't killed her yet.  I honestly think in her case she needs to put all her stuff in storage, get a long term hotel or a short term rental, then bulldoze her house and start over.

I told you guys about the live, uncapped wires next to the water pipes in our shower, right?
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

TeamBhakta

« Reply #1667 on: July 22, 2017, 12:08:50 AM »
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1201-Edgewood-Dr_Lodi_CA_95240_M17666-81168?row=8&source=web

I'm trying to figure out why someone needs an upper level to a bathroom....and what you'd use it for.

There's a pass through window, a frosted glass door, what looks like a stone fireplace, metal hoops hanging from the ceiling & a pull curtain + half wall between the toilet & hot tub. So I'd speculate....possibly adult parties back in the 60's. I could be wrong.

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #1668 on: July 22, 2017, 07:35:42 AM »
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1201-Edgewood-Dr_Lodi_CA_95240_M17666-81168?row=8&source=web

I'm trying to figure out why someone needs an upper level to a bathroom....and what you'd use it for.

I... I kinda like it.

I do too. I suppose you could turn it into a little conservatory type area.
Nothing to see here.

Twik

« Reply #1669 on: Today at 02:15:49 PM »
Wow, that house is a standing monument to the 1970s, isn't it?
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."