News:

• February 17, 2018, 02:21:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Do you remember at least one song from Sesame Street?

Yes
96 (90.6%)
No
10 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Voting closed: Today at 07:08:44 AM

Author Topic: Could you please help me with a research project?  (Read 2139 times)

Emmy

Re: Could you please help me with a research project?
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2018, 01:12:26 PM »
"Come and play, chasing the clouds away, let's go to where the air is sweet, let's go to Sesame Street" - that's what I remember of the intro song.  I am 30-50.

Also, I remember one about getting a haircut, I think Cookie Monster sang it "I'm going to get a hair cut, I'm going to look so nice...I'll look in the mirror and see a handsome monster, that's me" - I probably butchered the words again.

Also remembered some of the others after reading the post like 'it is not easy being green' and 'one of these things is not like the others'.

rigs32

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2018, 01:26:27 PM »
30 to 50. And i'm posting this without reading anyone else's responses.

1) ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQURSTUVWXYZ (But I think the real title is ABC-DEF-GHI)
2) Doing the Pidgeon
3) Sing
4) Bein' Green
5) C is for Cookie
6) People in Your Neighborhood
7) Rubber Duckie
8) One of These Things is Not Like the Other (not sure if that's the actual title)
9) The theme song
10) Letter B
11) the Pinball Number Count (I cheated and looked up this song title cause I didn't think 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 was the name)
12) I Love Trash

camlan

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2018, 03:32:41 PM »
Over 50.

Let a Frown be Your Umbrella on a Rainy, Rainy Day.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn

Nuku

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2018, 06:25:11 PM »
30 - 50

"Rubber Ducky, You're the One!" and "You can Never Go Down the Drain."

Lulubelle

« Reply #94 on: Today at 07:42:43 AM »
I want to thank everyone for helping me with this project. I loved reading the comments. They will help me bring a new dimension to my research project.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #95 on: Today at 08:33:58 AM »
I think what I loved most about Sesame Street and the Muppets now, at least the programs geared to children, like the Muppet Movie, is that they put nuggets in there for the parents.  Like my Billy Idol 'Rebel L' memory.  And I remember one that was a riff on a Springsteen song, though I don't remember the details.

And in the Muppet Movie, Fozie and Kermit were driving a Studebaker and at one point, Kermit, in fright, asks Fozie where he got his driver's licence and the response was that he took a correspondence course.  That was completely for the parents.

Just the odd little nugget to break up all the kid geared stuff for the parents.  The nuances go over the kids' heads but give the parents a little chuckle.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario