Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 586838 times)

EmmaJ.

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #7560 on: Yesterday at 06:50:03 PM »
Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, rolls, sweet potato casserole, green beans, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie.  :)

Happy Thansgiving everyone!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #7561 on: Yesterday at 08:33:38 PM »
DH and I are having grilled cheese sandwiches.

greencat

« Reply #7562 on: Yesterday at 08:37:42 PM »
Roast chicken, crab and cornbread stuffing, sweet potato, peas, and cranberry sauce.

POF

« Reply #7563 on: Yesterday at 08:54:48 PM »
Big meal was Turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole ( I made this from scratch with fresh ingredients - it was very very good ), corn pudding ( like a souffle or a savory flan ), butternut squash.

We at about 1:00 - so dinner tonight was cheese and crackers and some homemade candy. I'll eat an orange before I go to bed.

jmarvellous

« Reply #7564 on: Yesterday at 09:14:22 PM »
What I sampled at Thanksgiving:
My quinoa salad (grapes, cranberries, celery, leeks and pecans)
Newly vegan cousin's sweet-and-sour tofu
Brussels sprouts
Green beans almondine
Mashed potatoes
Olives with feta
Cranberry relish (which I normally dislike, but this wasn't too bitterly orange rind-y)
Roll
A bit of Anchor Steam beer, apple cider and ginger beer
Sliver of pumpkin pie with vanilla ice cream and a ginger snap or two dipped in pumpkin pie dip

(There was also turkey, gravy, two kinds of stuffing, Brussels sprouts with bacon, dates wrapped in bacon, a tray of sweet pickles, canned cranberry sauce, fizzy cherry drink, red wine, black cherry pie, apple pie, and some cookies)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #7565 on: Today at 12:00:03 PM »
Thanksgiving! We're cooking a 14 lb turkey using the Roast Crisped-Skin Turkey recipe from Cook's Illustrated. We have cornbread dressing and cranberry sauce already. I will make mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, crescent rolls and gravy. GF pumpkin pie tarts and cupcakes for dessert. Sparkling wine to accompany dinner.

POF

« Reply #7566 on: Today at 12:34:27 PM »
Thanksgiving #2 for me.

I am cooking my own turkey - so I can have leftovers, stuffing the way we like it ( SIL's was so moist it was soupy ) , mashed potatoes ( she never makes then and doesn't want me to bring them because the stuffing is the starch ( help me ).   I will also have pan roasted fall veggies ( carrots, parsnips, brussels and apples ). 

We always have a nice T-Day at SIL's - but we all really like a few standby's made the way we like them.

Dessert is homemade apple cobbler and icecream.