A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Baby Names - You're kidding Right???

<< < (3458/3722) > >>

Brisvegasgal:
My work has two clients a father and son called Donald Duck.  Surely father (born in the 40's) must have known about the cartoon character when he called his son Donald Jr (born in the 70's)!

We also have more an one client whose first name is Christmas...and yes their birthdays are 25 Dec.

BB-VA:

--- Quote from: Elfmama on March 22, 2013, 09:59:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: BB-VA on March 22, 2013, 09:48:45 PM ---Yewneek spelling seen the other day - Kristyan.  Guess the gender and pronunciation (shown below)

Male, pronounced "Christian". 

--- End quote ---
I would pronounce it Kristy-Anne, and guess female.

--- End quote ---

That was what I thought too - and then this male voice came over the phone.    That was definitely a "what were his parents thinking??" moment for me.

Ereine:
I was watching a movie and in the credits there was a Mens-Sana.

Piratelvr1121:
I saw on fbook recently that a friend liked a photo shared by a friend that said "Thanks mom and dad for giving me a name that can't be found on any personalized items in souvenir shops!"

That's not too hard to do though.  I've only once found my name on a personalized sign for a bedroom door and Annie's not that unusual of a name.  Neither is Liam and around Christmas I was trying to find ornaments with my boys names on them.  Edward and Kevin were easy. Couldn't find Liam.

Tierrainney:

--- Quote from: Piratelvr1121 on March 23, 2013, 09:41:30 AM ---I saw on fbook recently that a friend liked a photo shared by a friend that said "Thanks mom and dad for giving me a name that can't be found on any personalized items in souvenir shops!"

That's not too hard to do though.  I've only once found my name on a personalized sign for a bedroom door and Annie's not that unusual of a name.  Neither is Liam and around Christmas I was trying to find ornaments with my boys names on them.  Edward and Kevin were easy. Couldn't find Liam.

--- End quote ---

Use Personal Creations (personalcreations.com)  You can order an ornament with just about any theme and get it personalized.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version