A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Baby Names - You're kidding Right???

<< < (3473/3653) > >>

geekette:

--- Quote from: heartmug on April 09, 2013, 12:53:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: Cami on April 08, 2013, 05:25:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: Calistoga on April 08, 2013, 04:57:59 PM ---I work with a girl named Heaven.

I have...so many issues with this name.

--- End quote ---
I'd rather have Heaven than Nevaeh. I mean what's heaven backwards? Hell?

--- End quote ---

I have seen that name.  My friend from high school, Dennis, told us once that his mom wanted to change his name when he was in grade school because someone pointed out to her that it was "sinned" spelled backwards.

--- End quote ---

A girl I went to school with got teased quite a bit when someone worked out that 'Natasha' backwards read 'Ah Satan'.  Fortunately, Nat had so much sense of humor that she started coming to school wearing horns on her head until it all blew over.

Editeer:
I read in the news today about a 9-year-old boy named Shjohn.

gmatoy:

--- Quote from: Hijinks on April 09, 2013, 11:25:21 AM ---Y'all are killin' me with the jokes today :)

My name is old-school but making a comeback (Victoria) .. means "winner" - huzzah!

--- End quote ---

Or "victory"  :)

Vall:

--- Quote from: Editeer on April 14, 2013, 09:27:12 PM ---I read in the news today about a 9-year-old boy named Shjohn.

--- End quote ---

It took me a few tries pronouncing it to realize that it's probably pronounced like Sean.

Coralreef:

--- Quote from: Vall on April 15, 2013, 08:40:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Editeer on April 14, 2013, 09:27:12 PM ---I read in the news today about a 9-year-old boy named Shjohn.

--- End quote ---

It took me a few tries pronouncing it to realize that it's probably pronounced like Sean.

--- End quote ---

Not being a native English speaker, I always thought that Sean was pronounced like "Seen", until a friend corrected me.  Shawn, no problem.  Sean, I still have a hard time "feeling" the sound. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version