A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Baby Names - You're kidding Right???

<< < (3484/3647) > >>

Redwing:

--- Quote from: snowdragon on June 06, 2013, 11:20:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: Redwing on May 27, 2013, 10:34:15 AM ---Seen on Facebook-- Freedom.  I have no words.

--- End quote ---

Actually, it's a very old fashioned name, BUT, names like Liberty, Patience, Remembrance, Freedom, Deliverance, even America go back to the early days of the United

--- End quote ---

I'm aware that it's old.  I just still think it's a terrible name no matter what era.

Rohanna:
Funny, "Chris" is so common here I really wonder how many practicing faithful even really link it to it's origins anymore :) I agree with Christian and Mohammad though- they link more strongly for me.

KenveeB:

--- Quote from: Rohanna on June 06, 2013, 05:10:59 PM ---Funny, "Chris" is so common here I really wonder how many practicing faithful even really link it to it's origins anymore :) I agree with Christian and Mohammad though- they link more strongly for me.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. I don't connect Christopher or Christine at all with being Christian. There are a lot of names with Christian origins that are common today and don't make me think "oh, they must mean the Biblical meaning".

juanita:
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. A mother in New Orleans named her daughter le- a. Most people would just ignore the mark and call her Lea , Leah or lei right ? Well according to the mother it's, wait for it.............. La dash A!!! CRIVINS!!  :o :o she was mad that the child's name was mispronounced all. The. Time. She said the dash don't be silent! Sorry heard this a few years ago and I am still lmao  ;D

Nikko-chan:

--- Quote from: juanita on June 07, 2013, 12:44:27 AM ---Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. A mother in New Orleans named her daughter le- a. Most people would just ignore the mark and call her Lea , Leah or lei right ? Well according to the mother it's, wait for it.............. La dash A!!! CRIVINS!!  :o :o she was mad that the child's name was mispronounced all. The. Time. She said the dash don't be silent! Sorry heard this a few years ago and I am still lmao  ;D

--- End quote ---

i think that is an urban legend

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version