A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Baby Names - You're kidding Right???

<< < (3496/3647) > >>

Lorelei_Evil:

--- Quote from: Nikko-chan on July 11, 2013, 07:06:58 PM ---A woman at the store named.... Jami.

--- End quote ---

It was common here in the late 70's, early 80's.  It's Jamie, just with the E dropped off. 

rose red:

--- Quote from: Lorelei_Evil on July 12, 2013, 09:15:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: Nikko-chan on July 11, 2013, 07:06:58 PM ---A woman at the store named.... Jami.

--- End quote ---

It was common here in the late 70's, early 80's.  It's Jamie, just with the E dropped off.

--- End quote ---

I was wondering why Jami was on this thread because I thought it was a normal name.  Then I figured it sounded normal to me because of actress Jami Gertz, but maybe not everyone is familiar with her.  Funny how quickly you get use to things even if you only know of one person with that name/spelling.

Bethczar:

--- Quote from: rose red on July 12, 2013, 09:32:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: Lorelei_Evil on July 12, 2013, 09:15:03 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I was wondering why Jami was on this thread because I thought it was a normal name.  Then I figured it sounded normal to me because of actress Jami Gertz, but maybe not everyone is familiar with her.  Funny how quickly you get use to things even if you only know of one person with that name/spelling.

--- End quote ---
Yup, pretty normal name to me, too.

Wolfway, I have a whole list of names I collected to post here, and one was Maverick. I think it's kind of a cool name, but I wondered if it would encourage behavior problems.  :)

Elisabunny:
My niece gave her little boy the middle name Cannen.  So far, I have refrained from making jokes about the 1812 Overture playing during labor. >:D

lilfox:
In the category of phonetically easy to say, but ...

"Hidee"

Also, I have coworkers named Jack and Jean.  Totally normal names, except I never want to say "Hi" to them.   :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version