News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 24, 2017, 10:31:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???  (Read 3911667 times)

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
Re: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???
« Reply #21510 on: October 16, 2017, 12:30:04 AM »
I knew a couple named Christopher and Christine, who both went by Chris.
<3

Browyn

« Reply #21511 on: October 16, 2017, 11:31:02 AM »
My Husbands grandparents (I never met them, they both passed on long ago) were Frances & Francis.

I was an adult before I realized the rule was Francis (i) = his  (i) and Frances (e) = her (e)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #21512 on: October 16, 2017, 11:35:01 AM »
Csotta - first name
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Elisabunny

« Reply #21513 on: October 16, 2017, 07:22:34 PM »

I also knew a Chris Squared (yes, that's what we called them) in college.  I think they ended up getting married.
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

pwv

« Reply #21514 on: October 17, 2017, 09:49:10 AM »
I was watching Card Sharks on GSN this morning.  I think the show was from the 70s or something.  It was kids week and the female's nametag said her name was... Spontaneous.

Tactical Grace

« Reply #21515 on: October 17, 2017, 10:53:06 AM »
My physician's name is Dr.  Payne. 

Years ago I had married friends both named Gene -  she was Jeanne and he was Gene.  So, folks took to calling them Jeanne and Mr. Gene.  Even more confusing - I recently met a woman named Sue whose wife was also named Sue.

I have Uncle Carroll and Aunt Carol, married to each other.  In USA both pronounced the same.  They loved to annoy phone callers who didn't really know them, so the caller would ask to speak to Carol Last name. They'd answer "which one do you want"  and wait to see how many different variations they'd get other than the male or the female.

A friend of mine named Brad once shared an apartment with three other Brads. They used surnames amongst themselves, and callers who knew only the first name had an interesting problem because all of them were working for the same internship program.

I heard this story one night with I was out with Brad and our other friend, Brad, and I introduced a friend who walked by our table. Any guesses what the third friend's name was?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:54:53 AM by Tactical Grace »

Tactical Grace

« Reply #21516 on: October 17, 2017, 10:56:52 AM »

I also knew a Chris Squared (yes, that's what we called them) in college.  I think they ended up getting married.

I met a couple at a friend's party who were both named Chris Taylor. No, she hadn't changed her name when they married.

pattycake

« Reply #21517 on: October 17, 2017, 02:59:35 PM »

Ha! I like that. I knew a Dale Squared at work, and they both worked at the company, though in different departments.

And after high school, Brenda Duke married Guy Duke. I always wondered if she hyphenated her last name...

MagnesiumOxide

« Reply #21518 on: October 17, 2017, 03:10:46 PM »

Ha! I like that. I knew a Dale Squared at work, and they both worked at the company, though in different departments.

And after high school, Brenda Duke married Guy Duke. I always wondered if she hyphenated her last name...

I know two Heathers who were married!  (To each other.)

MagicEyes

« Reply #21519 on: October 17, 2017, 04:19:28 PM »

I used to work with two people who had the same last name when they got married. She hyphenated, but I don't think he did.

ClaireC79

« Reply #21520 on: October 17, 2017, 04:38:25 PM »
My grandparents had the same surnames prior to marriage - they both remained the same - she did change to Mrs so I guess technically took his name

pattycake

« Reply #21521 on: October 17, 2017, 07:45:11 PM »

I used to work with two people who had the same last name when they got married. She hyphenated, but I don't think he did.

Really?! Oh my goodness. I was just kidding, but I guess there's nothing new under the sun!

gramma dishes

« Reply #21522 on: October 17, 2017, 07:55:16 PM »

...   And after high school, Brenda Duke married Guy Duke. I always wondered if she hyphenated her last name...

And she could have added the words "of Earl" to the end.

pattycake

« Reply #21523 on: October 17, 2017, 08:54:49 PM »

...   And after high school, Brenda Duke married Guy Duke. I always wondered if she hyphenated her last name...

And she could have added the words "of Earl" to the end.

I think she'd need a third Duke to make that work best! Maybe they named (or nicknamed) their son Duke - that would work.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #21524 on: October 18, 2017, 08:49:35 AM »
Keathan
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien