News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 22, 2017, 09:58:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???  (Read 3903200 times)

pattycake

Re: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???
« Reply #21525 on: October 18, 2017, 09:26:43 AM »
Keathan

I wonder if that's a girl or boy, because I do remember hearing someone be called Keith Anne.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #21526 on: October 18, 2017, 09:28:15 AM »
Keathan

I wonder if that's a girl or boy, because I do remember hearing someone be called Keith Anne.

I think it's a boy, and a combination of Keith and Ethan.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #21527 on: October 18, 2017, 12:36:48 PM »
When I was in high school band, there was a couple, his name was Ernest, hers Roberta, he went by Ernie and she by Bert. She didn't like it too much for the Sesame Street
reference. In our 20s, my friend started dating a guy named Dan, He had 2 roommates, also named Dan, and they got a female cat, whose name was Danbo. They also had a chinchilla, her name was Megan.

#borecore

• Extreme normcore
« Reply #21528 on: October 18, 2017, 02:38:38 PM »
A person I know who's having a girl asked for classic name ideas, with some other restrictions. Among the least fitting suggestions:
Shayanne, Brynleigh, Everylynn, Emmarie, Amery, Raylynn, Apple.
They are not all terrible names, but not what I think of as "classic."

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #21529 on: October 18, 2017, 10:35:49 PM »
DíNiece. Who is probably weary of being asked if she has a brother called DíNephew.

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

Nikko-chan

« Reply #21530 on: October 18, 2017, 11:37:19 PM »
A person I know who's having a girl asked for classic name ideas, with some other restrictions. Among the least fitting suggestions:

Yeah see classic for me would be: Rebecca, Anne, Emma, Jessica, Marie, Rose, Opal (though a bit old fashioned), Margeret.... I could go on but i will stop there!

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #21531 on: October 19, 2017, 11:53:52 AM »
Destanee and Krystul

Oh dear.
<3

Writer of Wrongs

• Mysteries, Thrillers & Whodunits, Oh My!
« Reply #21532 on: October 20, 2017, 11:50:18 AM »
When I was in high school band, there was a couple, his name was Ernest, hers Roberta, he went by Ernie and she by Bert. She didn't like it too much for the Sesame Street
reference. In our 20s, my friend started dating a guy named Dan, He had 2 roommates, also named Dan, and they got a female cat, whose name was Danbo. They also had a chinchilla, her name was Megan.

Poor Megan feels left out.  ;) A former colleague and her husband both have J-names. They named their oldest child something that was not J, then gave the other two children J-names. I always felt bad for the oldest.

I've known several Denise-s, but never a D'Niece.

And #borecore, those are being suggested for classic names? Oh, dear. Ohhh, dear.
Some day, I hope to get paid to kill people. Now, I just do it for fun.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #21533 on: October 20, 2017, 12:01:48 PM »
snip

Poor Megan feels left out.  ;) A former colleague and her husband both have J-names. They named their oldest child something that was not J, then gave the other two children J-names. I always felt bad for the oldest.

I am the only one of my siblings who has a name that doesn't start in A and end in Y. I know the feeling.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Allyson

« Reply #21534 on: October 20, 2017, 02:46:42 PM »
My brother is seriously dating someone with the same last name as us.  I know they're planning on getting engaged and I really hope people ask "so, are you taking his name, keeping yours, or is he taking yours?" and she can say "Yes!"

rose red

« Reply #21535 on: October 20, 2017, 03:21:37 PM »
DíNiece. Who is probably weary of being asked if she has a brother called DíNephew.

Reminds me of this old joke ;D:

A pregnant woman gets into a car accident and goes into a coma.
After nearly six months, she wakes up to find that she is no longer pregnant.
Frantically, she asks the doctor about her baby.
The doctor replies, "Ma'am, you had twins! A boy and a girl. The babies are fine. Your brother came in and named them.
The woman thinks to herself, "Oh no, not my brother! He's so stupid." Expecting the worst, she asks the doctor, "Well, what's the girl's name?"
"Denise," the doctor says.
The new mother thinks, "Wow, that's not such a bad name! I like Denise!"
Then she asks the doctor, "What's the boy's name?"
The doctor replies, "DeNephew."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 03:24:27 PM by rose red »

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #21536 on: October 21, 2017, 10:15:02 AM »

Yeah see classic for me would be: Rebecca, Anne, Emma, Jessica, Marie, Rose, Opal (though a bit old fashioned), Margeret.... I could go on but i will stop there!

Those are not classic names, not even close. IMO, those are for the most part, messed of spellings of okay names. If you want to name your son Shane, then spell it Shane, is Brynleigh even a name?

Nikko's list of names is awesome, though.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
« Reply #21537 on: October 21, 2017, 05:47:11 PM »

Those are not classic names, not even close. IMO, those are for the most part, messed of spellings of okay names. If you want to name your son Shane, then spell it Shane, is Brynleigh even a name?

See, I thought Shayanne was a messed up spelling of Cheyenne!

#borecore

• Extreme normcore
« Reply #21538 on: October 21, 2017, 05:59:21 PM »

See, I thought Shayanne was a messed up spelling of Cheyenne!

It was clear from context that she meant "Cheyenne," Lady Snowdon. It is a strange spelling.

IMissItaly

« Reply #21539 on: October 21, 2017, 06:25:04 PM »
I know a Brynlee.....it is a combination of a best friend's name and a family name, I believe. She's just a toddler and is fondly known as Miss B.