News:

• February 18, 2018, 12:20:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???  (Read 4264437 times)

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
Re: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???
« Reply #21750 on: January 28, 2018, 02:37:37 AM »
Athlete Queen Harrison has some amazingly named siblings:

"Queen's siblings have equally uncommon names. Her sisters are Graceful, Zuequal, Muun, Princess and Empress. Her brothers are King Master, Victory and Goldin, whose full name surely is one of a kind: God Goldin Zig Zag Zig Allah Harrison. Graceful and Zuequal also have the official first name of Queen, so Wingate refers to Queen Quedith Earth simply as Quedith."
<3

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #21751 on: January 28, 2018, 11:32:37 AM »

"Queen's siblings have equally uncommon names. Her sisters are Graceful, Zuequal, Muun, Princess and Empress. Her brothers are King Master, Victory and Goldin, whose full name surely is one of a kind: God Goldin Zig Zag Zig Allah Harrison. Graceful and Zuequal also have the official first name of Queen, so Wingate refers to Queen Quedith Earth simply as Quedith."

My jaw hurts, I hit it on my desk, and now my forehead for hitting on the wall. What is wrong with people????  Graceful, isn't horrible, but what is wrong with plain old Grace? Muun? How is that pronounced? Moon, or M uh uh n? What happened to the days of *giggle* I named her, Neveah, it's Heaven spelled backwards, and it's so cuuuuuute.

I do know of a couple Miracles, named that way because they were miracle babies. 

We seriously need to install a baby name limit to stop all this nonsense in the states.

WolfWay

« Reply #21752 on: January 28, 2018, 11:15:45 PM »

My jaw hurts, I hit it on my desk, and now my forehead for hitting on the wall. What is wrong with people????  Graceful, isn't horrible, but what is wrong with plain old Grace? Muun? How is that pronounced? Moon, or M uh uh n? What happened to the days of *giggle* I named her, Neveah, it's Heaven spelled backwards, and it's so cuuuuuute.
Muun is pronounced Moon, and her second name is Queen as well, so she's actually "Moon Queen", and that' how she was introduced when I saw Queen and her sisters on Say Yes To The Dress, which was why I started googling her siblings names to make sure I wasn't hearing things.  :)
<3

pattycake

« Reply #21753 on: January 28, 2018, 11:49:08 PM »
Bohdi. I think it's pronounced like Cody.

WolfWay

« Reply #21754 on: January 28, 2018, 11:58:28 PM »
Bohdi. I think it's pronounced like Cody.
I've definitely heard it pronounced like Cody.
<3

vintagegal

« Reply #21755 on: January 29, 2018, 07:17:36 AM »

I don't know anything about this person (and am too lazy to Google) but it may be a cultural thing. I support an orphanage in Tanzania and the children have names like Loveness, Queen, and PrayGod.

katiescarlett

« Reply #21756 on: January 29, 2018, 09:02:28 AM »
Student in one of my classes this semester: Scotland.

Unusual, but I think I like it.

This is my little cousin's middle name. Her name is Paislee Scotland Lastname. Her daddy's middle name is Scott, so that's where that comes from.

My little granddaughter has a similar name...itís Scotia.

Her name is definitely unique as well, but I really like it!

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #21757 on: January 29, 2018, 11:53:14 AM »
A young man named Qaril.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

gramma dishes

« Reply #21758 on: January 29, 2018, 12:06:21 PM »
A young man named Qaril.

Carol?  Quarrel?

suzieQ

« Reply #21759 on: January 29, 2018, 06:07:26 PM »

My mum used to work with someone named Bruce Wayne [Lastname]. And yes, he was named after Batman.  ;D

The funny thing is that his last name was a rather exciting action verb. I'm not going to give it away here, but assume it was Strikes. So his full name was Bruce Wayne Strikes. (not his actual surname, but it conveys the humour of the name).
My Daughter is expecting her first baby. Her husband's middle name is Wayne.
The baby will be Damian Wayne, which is the name of Batman's son.

parrot_girl

« Reply #21760 on: January 30, 2018, 01:23:47 AM »
On another forum, I found the saga of a very hippie family. They have the following children, in order from youngest to oldest:

Zarrathustra Cyrus Wildcat, Merlin Radbod Stoic, Maximillion Hercules, Balthazar Pheonix, Spiral-Moon, Lillith Magenta De-Ath, Gryffyn Flux and Jessica.

goodness me.

WolfWay

« Reply #21761 on: January 30, 2018, 06:32:56 AM »
Poor Jessica. She must feel so left out.
<3

audhs

« Reply #21762 on: January 30, 2018, 08:07:11 AM »

Or eternally grateful that she escaped having a crazy name. Lol

Hmmmmm

« Reply #21763 on: January 30, 2018, 08:22:35 AM »

Or eternally grateful that she escaped having a crazy name. Lol

I'd love to see a study on how people who grow up with unusual names feel about them. I once had an employee who's Mom's maiden name was Mann and who's father's last name decided to name their child Rocket Mann Lastname. He was about 22 when I met him in the mid 90's and assumed Rocket was a nickname because the type of work he did needed to be very quick and precise.  Chuckled when I got his personnel file and found out that not only was Rocket his given name but that he was an actual Rocket Man. I asked him about it and he was happy to share the background of how his parent's loved the song and he loved having the name. And I laughed about him having his own personal sound track because once I learned his middle name (not everyone knew it) I couldn't speak to or about him without having the song playing in my head. (It's actually playing right now as I type this.)

rose red

« Reply #21764 on: January 30, 2018, 09:44:56 AM »
On another forum, I found the saga of a very hippie family. They have the following children, in order from youngest to oldest:

Zarrathustra Cyrus Wildcat, Merlin Radbod Stoic, Maximillion Hercules, Balthazar Pheonix, Spiral-Moon, Lillith Magenta De-Ath, Gryffyn Flux and Jessica.

goodness me.

The first names are not bad by themselves, but yeah, noticeable when put together.

Maximillion, Balthazar, Lillith are pretty normal. Even Merlin (like Merlin Olsen).

But imagine introducing your children ".......and this is Jessica, our creative little rebel." ;D