News:

• April 26, 2018, 02:49:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???  (Read 4564927 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???
« Reply #21900 on: March 20, 2018, 09:24:36 AM »
Bleu

Jojannah
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

GardenGal

« Reply #21901 on: March 20, 2018, 03:31:30 PM »
So, some poor kid is going to go through life telling people just about every day, "No, it's spelled bleu, like the cheese." My SIL often has to tell people her name is "Ava, like in avocado," to correct it when they pronounce it like Ava as in Ava Gardner.
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #21902 on: March 21, 2018, 06:57:50 AM »
Shylet.
<3

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #21903 on: March 21, 2018, 11:45:03 AM »
I think it would depend on whether it's Rh + or -.

I want a like button. Why don't we have like buttons?  :(

+1  this made me laugh, too! 
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #21904 on: March 26, 2018, 07:34:19 AM »
Ashe-Leigh

ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #21905 on: March 28, 2018, 07:33:20 AM »
Bleu

Jojannah

Jojannah could be pronounced Jo Hannah or even Yo Hannah. Although I'm not sure of the spelling, my cousin is a Johannah.

I'm not sure of the spelling, but I heard a JoNina the other day.

Addy

« Reply #21906 on: March 31, 2018, 12:36:29 AM »
Jacolen. Pronounced Jaqueline, I assume?

gramma dishes

« Reply #21907 on: March 31, 2018, 09:32:24 AM »
Jacolen. Pronounced Jaqueline, I assume?

In first grade the little girl that sat in the desk in front of me was named Jaqueline.  She pronounced it Jack wuh lun.  I never knew it had another pronunciation until I was in college!

Nikko-chan

« Reply #21908 on: March 31, 2018, 02:19:37 PM »
Ashe-Leigh

Whats wrong with Ashley? Or Ashleigh, if they wanted to do it that way. Or even Ashlee. Why the extra e and the hyphen and the capital letter?

GardenGal

« Reply #21909 on: March 31, 2018, 03:46:50 PM »
Ashe-Leigh

Whats wrong with Ashley? Or Ashleigh, if they wanted to do it that way. Or even Ashlee. Why the extra e and the hyphen and the capital letter?

This reminds me of the scene in the move "L A Stories" where the Steve Martin character compliments the young woman played by Sarah Jessica Parker on having an easy to spell name: Sandy.  Her reply is priceless: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRzloVtUPA
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

TeamBhakta

« Reply #21910 on: March 31, 2018, 07:15:47 PM »
Heard a mom say to a little boy (probably younger than 2) "Come on, Stetson. Stetson, why are you..." No word on whether he was named after the hat, the cologne or Stetson University 2 hours from here.

pattycake

« Reply #21911 on: March 31, 2018, 07:32:04 PM »
Heard a mom say to a little boy (probably younger than 2) "Come on, Stetson. Stetson, why are you..." No word on whether he was named after the hat, the cologne or Stetson University 2 hours from here.

Possibly named after the rodeo cowboy of the same first name.

bridalviolet

« Reply #21912 on: April 01, 2018, 08:13:53 AM »
Ashe-Leigh

This reminds me of the scene in the move "L A Stories" where the Steve Martin character compliments the young woman played by Sarah Jessica Parker on having an easy to spell name: Sandy.  Her reply is priceless: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRzloVtUPA

That clip is so funny! It reminds me of an episode of "NCIS" when Tony DiNozzo was explaining how to spell his last name: "Big D, little i, big N, little ozzo."

katiescarlett

« Reply #21913 on: April 01, 2018, 08:56:00 PM »

An former coworker of mine has a grandson named Stetson. He's probably around 7 or 8 now. I think his middle name is Tyler, but can't remember for sure.

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #21914 on: April 02, 2018, 08:58:47 AM »
There was a well-known newscaster in my area whose first name was Creighton. I met him socially once. I forget how it came up, but he said he was named after Creighton University, to honor a family friend who had graduated from there. I never heard what the friendís own name was, or why the university was preferred to that name.

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data