Author Topic: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???  (Read 1652427 times)

snowdragon

Re: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???
« Reply #16875 on: September 19, 2012, 09:25:40 PM »
Angel Hair (first & last names)
Good heavens, it's a baby, not a pasta.  :o

I have her "accompaniment" here in buffalo, ny -- one of the kids in my nephews class is named Kahleemahri ( say it out loud)

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #16876 on: September 19, 2012, 10:04:00 PM »

I have her "accompaniment" here in buffalo, ny -- one of the kids in my nephews class is named Kahleemahri ( say it out loud)

Were the parents trying to punish their kid??  :o
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

squeakers

« Reply #16877 on: September 20, 2012, 04:43:50 PM »

Kaylee Marie?
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

snowdragon

« Reply #16878 on: September 20, 2012, 04:46:30 PM »

Kaylee Marie?

no it's a boy , it's pronounced like Calamari - the squid dish 

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #16879 on: September 20, 2012, 07:26:33 PM »
Girl in my class in high school - looked a lot like the Drill Thrall from the original Star Trek series (maybe a bit shorter and only 17 at the time).  IOW, not flat chested by any means.

The family's last name was pronounced a lot like one of the more common synonyms for a woman's chest. 

I think that she was very glad to marry a man with a last name that didn't cause people to do a double take when introduced to her.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #16880 on: September 23, 2012, 01:28:10 AM »

Lol, that reminds me - I was recently sharing some possible baby names with my brother, and his reply was a deadpan: "Why do you hate your child?"   (I wasn't offended, we're very close and I thought it was hilarious. Plus, the name he was responding to was one DH and I had already gone off ourselves so wasn't a big deal).   

I'm seriously stuck on boys names though.  I knew how bad it was when I saw this thread come up in my Unread Replies list and thought "Ooh, maybe I'll spot something there!" ....yep, I'm so desperate that I thought a list of horrendous names might inspire me.    ::)    DH keeps saying "We've still got 4 months!" and he's right, but so far he says "Nope" to everything I suggest, so I think it's going to be a long 4 months.  The only name we can agree on already belongs to my toddler nephew, who we see a lot of, so that would just make life a headache for my entire family!
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #16881 on: September 23, 2012, 10:31:58 AM »

Lol, that reminds me - I was recently sharing some possible baby names with my brother, and his reply was a deadpan: "Why do you hate your child?"   (I wasn't offended, we're very close and I thought it was hilarious. Plus, the name he was responding to was one DH and I had already gone off ourselves so wasn't a big deal).   

I'm seriously stuck on boys names though.  I knew how bad it was when I saw this thread come up in my Unread Replies list and thought "Ooh, maybe I'll spot something there!" ....yep, I'm so desperate that I thought a list of horrendous names might inspire me.    ::)    DH keeps saying "We've still got 4 months!" and he's right, but so far he says "Nope" to everything I suggest, so I think it's going to be a long 4 months.  The only name we can agree on already belongs to my toddler nephew, who we see a lot of, so that would just make life a headache for my entire family!

Tell your husband you've settled on Galen Matthew, and that's that. ;) See how long it takes to compromise after.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #16882 on: September 25, 2012, 11:16:42 AM »
A guy named Fleck and a girl named Seanna (Shawna/Sienna?).

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16883 on: September 25, 2012, 11:22:29 AM »
In my kids' school there is a Sesleigh (I assume it's a girl). Could it be pronounced like "Cecily"?

No. Cecily has three syllables. Sesleigh has two. Sez-lee, is how I'd say the second.
Words mean things.

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16884 on: September 25, 2012, 11:26:15 AM »
Gidget -- (first time I ever heard of a real human being with that name -- and she graduated from law school. I don't know about being defended by a lawyer named Gidget)

Friend of mine was married to a Gidget for a time. That was indeed her birth name.
Words mean things.

lilfox

« Reply #16885 on: September 25, 2012, 01:18:02 PM »
In my kids' school there is a Sesleigh (I assume it's a girl). Could it be pronounced like "Cecily"?

No. Cecily has three syllables. Sesleigh has two. Sez-lee, is how I'd say the second.

Oh, don't be silly, the third syllable is clearly silent!   ;)

(Seriously, I'd lay odds that it actually is pronounced Cecily)

Moonie

« Reply #16886 on: September 25, 2012, 04:16:06 PM »
Oldest grandson brought one of his friends home yesterday.  I was very politely introduced to "Arix"....pronounced like "Eric's".  ???

LazyDaisy

« Reply #16887 on: September 25, 2012, 04:22:36 PM »

Oh, don't be silly, the third syllable is clearly silent!   ;)

(Seriously, I'd lay odds that it actually is pronounced Cecily)
I was reading it Ses-lay (rhymes with sleigh) but it could be more like Sez-lee (rhymes with Leslie).
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Betelnut

« Reply #16888 on: September 26, 2012, 06:46:15 PM »
In the paper today (Births section):

De'Nallee.  A boy, yes, a boy.

Strangely enough, his siblings have more mainstream names:  Michael, Alycia, Bailey, and Kaitlyn.  I tried to figure out where the De'Nallee came from (combos of parent's name?) but couldn't seen anything in the article.
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #16889 on: September 26, 2012, 07:38:25 PM »
In the paper today (Births section):

De'Nallee.  A boy, yes, a boy.

Strangely enough, his siblings have more mainstream names:  Michael, Alycia, Bailey, and Kaitlyn.  I tried to figure out where the De'Nallee came from (combos of parent's name?) but couldn't seen anything in the article.

I wonder if it is one of those place of conception name after a trip to Denali National Park in Alaska, USA. But made more Unique with spelling.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.