Author Topic: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???  (Read 1831042 times)

katiescarlett

Re: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???
« Reply #16950 on: October 22, 2012, 12:16:34 AM »
Kollyns (pronounced Collins) for a girl.

HermioneGranger

« Reply #16951 on: October 22, 2012, 09:46:15 AM »
In the newspaper birth announcements today: Unyque Blayzz. Just...why?

Does that sound like an exotic dancer name to anyone else, or am I the only one? 

Nikko-chan

« Reply #16952 on: October 22, 2012, 10:39:21 PM »

Does that sound like an exotic dancer name to anyone else, or am I the only one?

Well now that you said that...

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #16953 on: October 23, 2012, 03:56:54 AM »

No.
Stewart/Colbert '16

Jules1980

« Reply #16954 on: October 23, 2012, 02:39:43 PM »
I am currently pregnant with number 2 and wondered if my names would get classified in the section, so just thought I would ask.

Here goes:

Male: Beau Davis Last name

Female: Bo D(undecided except for inital) Lastname

I know Bo is an uncommon female name now, but it must have been on at some point in time.  After all, Little Bo Peep was a girl.

Thoughts?

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #16955 on: October 23, 2012, 03:06:13 PM »
I am currently pregnant with number 2 and wondered if my names would get classified in the section, so just thought I would ask.

Here goes:

I know Bo is an uncommon female name now, but it must have been on at some point in time.  After all, Little Bo Peep was a girl.

Thoughts?

It honestly depends on the culture of the place in which your family lives. In my area, the boy's name would not be uncommon at all, but the girl's would certainly raise eyebrows and might get her teased by other kids. Obviously, you can't prevent your child from being teased ever, and if you think the name is nice and fits your daughter, then great! However, you need to be prepared for backlash or negative responses to the name if you really want to use it.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16956 on: October 23, 2012, 08:22:18 PM »
Well, Bo Derek was a woman, so I guess there's precedent, but I would be confused at meeting a female Bo, honestly.

Kariachi

« Reply #16957 on: October 23, 2012, 09:58:49 PM »
The first name sounds nice, but seems a little odd, at least for my area. The second... If I'd ever known a Bo in school I would still be calling her 'Peep' today.
"Heh. Forgive our manners, little creature that we may well kill and eat you is no excuse for rudeness."

Browyn

« Reply #16958 on: October 23, 2012, 10:53:35 PM »

Here goes:

Thoughts?

How aout Belle?  its the female version of the french word beau which means beautiful.  Of course you will get beauty and the beast jokes a lot...

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16959 on: October 24, 2012, 02:50:10 PM »
My DH just shared this video that is appropriate for this topic. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss

Betelnut

« Reply #16960 on: October 25, 2012, 01:02:42 PM »
My DH just shared this video that is appropriate for this topic. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss

That is hilarious!  The guys obviously had fun coming up with those names!
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

Jules1980

« Reply #16961 on: October 25, 2012, 01:03:06 PM »
Well, I'm in Louisiana so Beau is a very appropriate name for a boy in this area.  In fact, I've been getting advice to add an X to the end to make it more cajun and less French.   ::) :P

I thought about Belle, but we already have an Isabelle in our family and almost everyone calls her Belle.  I'm holding out for Annabelle Lee, but my DH doesn't like it and he didn't even know about the poem when I suggested it.  We're 95% certain its going to be a boy though.  Maybe he'll turn around at our next ultrasound appointment and we can know for sure!

snowdragon

« Reply #16962 on: October 25, 2012, 01:17:16 PM »
Well, I'm in Louisiana so Beau is a very appropriate name for a boy in this area.  In fact, I've been getting advice to add an X to the end to make it more cajun and less French.   ::) :P

I thought about Belle, but we already have an Isabelle in our family and almost everyone calls her Belle.  I'm holding out for Annabelle Lee, but my DH doesn't like it and he didn't even know about the poem when I suggested it.  We're 95% certain its going to be a boy though.  Maybe he'll turn around at our next ultrasound appointment and we can know for sure!

If it does turn out to be a irl and you like poetry based names  Evangeline has a nice ring and it's even culturally applicable for Louisiana. >:D

BB-VA

« Reply #16963 on: October 25, 2012, 02:13:46 PM »

Wouldn't that make him plural?   
"The Universe puts us in places where we can learn. They are never easy places, but they are right. Wherever we are, it's the right place and the right time. Pain that sometimes comes is part of the process of constantly being born."
- Delenn to Sheridan: "Babylon 5 - Distant Star"

BarensMom

« Reply #16964 on: October 25, 2012, 02:29:22 PM »
Does anyone remember "LadyHawke" with Rutger Hauer and Michelle Pfeiffer?  The female character's name was Isabeau.