Author Topic: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???  (Read 2007607 times)

katiescarlett

Re: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???
« Reply #17190 on: February 07, 2013, 03:43:23 PM »
Saw this one the other day.  Autumn's Hope Lastname.  No, that is not a typo.  Her first name is Autumn's.  I know this because I asked her, making sure it was not a typo in our computer system.  Very interesting name.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #17191 on: February 07, 2013, 03:52:57 PM »
Stanley Ann Dunham?

Name like that, you know her kid's never gonna amount to anything.  :D

Yep.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #17192 on: February 07, 2013, 03:54:12 PM »
Saw this one the other day.  Autumn's Hope Lastname.  No, that is not a typo.  Her first name is Autumn's.  I know this because I asked her, making sure it was not a typo in our computer system.  Very interesting name.

That - is going to be a hard one to go by.

"Hey, Autumn's, what's up?"

"I've lost my math notebook."

"Hey, anyone seen Autumn's's notebook? SHe can't find it."
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

snowdragon

« Reply #17193 on: February 08, 2013, 12:14:48 AM »
Kiplin.  One of  my classmates this semester carries the first name of Kiplin

Nikko-chan

« Reply #17194 on: February 08, 2013, 01:13:48 AM »
I dunno if I posted this but.... one of my classmates is "Precious Angel Lastname" I can understand Precious... I can understand Angel.... but not both of them together.

Kikki

« Reply #17195 on: February 08, 2013, 10:17:33 AM »
I saw one today that made me go hmmmmm. One was a boy named Aksel (Axel I'm assuming).

Hebrew and yes, variant of Axel. http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Aksel

Not quite but close. Axel/Aksel is the Scandinavian version of the Hebrew name Absalon. The Axel spelling is common in Sweden but I associate Aksel with Norway.

Hijinks

• Super Hero!
    • Maitri Bath & Body
« Reply #17196 on: February 08, 2013, 12:58:40 PM »
Just saw one on facebook.  Chloey.  I love the name, think it is beautiful, and would not be against using it for a daughter.  HOWEVER, what is wrong with spelling it Chloe?  I don't particularly like it spelled with a K, either, but the y is all wrong to me.

Same people who started spelling Zoe "Zoey."  It's like their brains can't wrap around the fact that the E is pronounced like an EY and they have to spell it out for it to make sense.

Elisabunny

« Reply #17197 on: February 08, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »

It would sort of make sense if she went by her middle name, along the lines of those Puritan names that were an entire Bible phrase.  (and now I have the urge to create a character named "Charity Never Faileth" just so "Fail" could be her nickname.)
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #17198 on: February 08, 2013, 04:51:08 PM »

It would sort of make sense if she went by her middle name, along the lines of those Puritan names that were an entire Bible phrase.  (and now I have the urge to create a character named "Charity Never Faileth" just so "Fail" could be her nickname.)

Oh, dear. That would be hilarious.

"Onwards, to the breach! Danger is my middle name!!!"

"Yeah? Well, Fail is my middle name. I'm staying home."
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #17199 on: February 08, 2013, 07:26:08 PM »
Saw this on a parenting site.... they named their child "Sing Praises" and yes, they do call her Sing Praises, along with probably about a thousand other nick names, or so her mother said.

BabylonSister

• Shake it!
« Reply #17200 on: February 08, 2013, 07:37:09 PM »
I once had a student –a little boy from a Western African country– with the name Dieuveil (dee-uh-vay-ee.  Hard to transcribe it.) which means "God watches" in French but I had never seen nor heard of that name before.

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17201 on: February 08, 2013, 09:13:34 PM »
I had to verify this with paperwork to be sure, because I didn't believe it. Alpachino [Lastname]. :)

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #17202 on: February 10, 2013, 03:26:02 AM »
I may have already posted this, so apologies if that's the case. My youngest cat is named Persephone Marie. We were trying to come up with nicknames for her so I went online to do some searching and wound up on some pregnancy/parenting site where a bunch of people were discussing the name Persephone. One lady advised everyone that Persephone makes a great middle name, but it should be paired with a fairly short, simple first name. That's why, she said, she'd named her daughter Siren Persephone.  :o

Being familiar with Greek mythology is nice and all, but poor little Siren.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Kariachi

« Reply #17203 on: February 10, 2013, 02:14:02 PM »
I may have already posted this, so apologies if that's the case. My youngest cat is named Persephone Marie. We were trying to come up with nicknames for her so I went online to do some searching and wound up on some pregnancy/parenting site where a bunch of people were discussing the name Persephone. One lady advised everyone that Persephone makes a great middle name, but it should be paired with a fairly short, simple first name. That's why, she said, she'd named her daughter Siren Persephone.  :o

Being familiar with Greek mythology is nice and all, but poor little Siren.

Wow. And now you've got me thinking that I should name a fish 'Maria Persephone'...
"Heh. Forgive our manners, little creature — that we may well kill and eat you is no excuse for rudeness."

Bottlecaps

« Reply #17204 on: February 12, 2013, 06:50:15 PM »
All I can say is that I'm now happier than ever that I ended up with a very common name - Sara. :) Granted, I do have what many consider to be the alternative spelling, but that just makes it so I'm sure to tell people who will be writing/typing my name out, "Sara, no H." :P However, I've noticed that apparently the "alternative" spelling as become so commonplace that many people will ask if there's an H or not before I even get to the "no H" part. :)
"Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don't fit into boxes." -Tori Amos