Author Topic: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???  (Read 2013055 times)

Ereine

Re: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???
« Reply #17295 on: March 24, 2013, 02:08:07 PM »
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2950654/

:)

That's him, the credits moved so fast that I only had time to notice the awesome first name. I think that he did a pretty awesome stunt involving a tall ship (I finally got to see Cloud Atlas).

Morrigan

• Requests from the Reference Desk
« Reply #17296 on: March 27, 2013, 10:43:45 AM »
Evelyn is a nice, normal name.

Evilyn, however, isn't.  It's a bit too much of the dark side for me.

Calistoga

« Reply #17297 on: March 27, 2013, 11:05:20 AM »
My BIL just had his 4th kid and they named her... Harley Quinn.

Yes. Like the batman villain. Or the creepy clown doll.

I used to work with a lady who had named her daughter Sophie Kate. Which is cute, until you say it fast when the kid is in trouble and it sounds like you're yelling SUFFOCATE at a small child.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 11:09:09 AM by Calistoga »

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #17298 on: March 27, 2013, 11:14:26 AM »

Wasn't that one of Skeletor's friends?  :o
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

jolyan

« Reply #17299 on: March 27, 2013, 12:11:32 PM »
My BIL just had his 4th kid and they named her... Harley Quinn.

Yes. Like the batman villain. Or the creepy clown doll.

I used to work with a lady who had named her daughter Sophie Kate. Which is cute, until you say it fast when the kid is in trouble and it sounds like you're yelling SUFFOCATE at a small child.

Or a cheesy romance novel.

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #17300 on: March 27, 2013, 01:40:23 PM »
Or Agatha Christie's decidedly odd Mr (Harley) Quinn stories.

Minmom3

« Reply #17301 on: March 27, 2013, 11:49:10 PM »
Steve Wozniak (of Apple) named his daughter Sarah Nadine, because when you said it fast enough, it sounded like Serenading....
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #17302 on: March 28, 2013, 10:32:02 PM »

Wasn't that one of Skeletor's friends?  :o

He Man and the Masters of the Universe......yep......and she was a minion - Skeletor didn't have friends.....maybe fiends......?
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Nikko-chan

« Reply #17303 on: March 29, 2013, 04:57:46 AM »
Not so much a baby name disaster but more of a "What?" I just remembered one of my fellow students has a son... we'll say his name is John. John is also his fathers name. She hates her son's father, and so he doesn't get called by John anymore. What does she call him? Mister.

BB-VA

« Reply #17304 on: March 29, 2013, 06:34:22 AM »
Not so much a baby name disaster but more of a "What?" I just remembered one of my fellow students has a son... we'll say his name is John. John is also his fathers name. She hates her son's father, and so he doesn't get called by John anymore. What does she call him? Mister.

Perhaps she is a fan of the Beany Malone series by Lenora Mattingly Weber.  Beany's son (named James William) was called "Mister" because he was an extremely polite child.
"The Universe puts us in places where we can learn. They are never easy places, but they are right. Wherever we are, it's the right place and the right time. Pain that sometimes comes is part of the process of constantly being born."
- Delenn to Sheridan: "Babylon 5 - Distant Star"

Redwing

« Reply #17305 on: March 29, 2013, 08:41:56 AM »
As a long time Beany Malone fan, I think Beany's son is called Mister because he was originally referred to as the Little Mister.  Either Martie Malone or Carlton's Uncle Matt gave him the nickname.

BB-VA

« Reply #17306 on: March 29, 2013, 08:25:00 PM »
As a long time Beany Malone fan, I think Beany's son is called Mister because he was originally referred to as the Little Mister.  Either Martie Malone or Carlton's Uncle Matt gave him the nickname.

Elizabeth's son was originally called Little Mister by Mrs. No-Complaint (the housekeeper) because they couldn't decide on a name for him (Martin Donald or Donald Martin.  He became Martin Donald and was called Little Martie).  James William Buell was called Little Mister by the ice-cream man because he waited politely for his turn.  The Mister stuck.
"The Universe puts us in places where we can learn. They are never easy places, but they are right. Wherever we are, it's the right place and the right time. Pain that sometimes comes is part of the process of constantly being born."

Nikko-chan

« Reply #17307 on: March 29, 2013, 08:26:52 PM »

Perhaps she is a fan of the Beany Malone series by Lenora Mattingly Weber.  Beany's son (named James William) was called "Mister" because he was an extremely polite child.

No...it was cause she hated John and couldn't change her son's name because he was already too old so she resorted to calling him Mister.

BB-VA

« Reply #17308 on: March 29, 2013, 08:39:55 PM »

No...it was cause she hated John and couldn't change her son's name because he was already too old so she resorted to calling him Mister.

Darn.  It would have fit this site so much better if it was because of his manners. 

I have heard of other people who had their names changed as children (Gerald Ford and Newt Gingrich being two of them).  Have the laws changed that much?

Nikko-chan

« Reply #17309 on: March 29, 2013, 08:43:31 PM »

Darn.  It would have fit this site so much better if it was because of his manners. 

I have heard of other people who had their names changed as children (Gerald Ford and Newt Gingrich being two of them).  Have the laws changed that much?

No idea on that one.