Author Topic: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???  (Read 1978232 times)

squeakers

Re: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???
« Reply #17340 on: April 06, 2013, 08:47:15 PM »
Breonia

That name is bad enough (at least to me) and close enough to my own that I'm embarrassed by it's mere existence.

"The Irish name Breonia means is a form of Breona, which is a form of Briana, which means "strong, virtuous, and honorable." This is a feminine form of the name Brian." http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-name-breonia-mean

"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Kariachi

« Reply #17341 on: April 06, 2013, 09:25:50 PM »
Breonia

That name is bad enough (at least to me) and close enough to my own that I'm embarrassed by it's mere existence.

"The Irish name Breonia means is a form of Breona, which is a form of Briana, which means "strong, virtuous, and honorable." This is a feminine form of the name Brian." http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-name-breonia-mean

And I'm sure a bunch of famous, historically significant, people have been named that. Still looks like something I would have planned to name my own country when I was seven.
"Heh. Forgive our manners, little creature that we may well kill and eat you is no excuse for rudeness."

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17342 on: April 06, 2013, 09:33:01 PM »

And I'm sure a bunch of famous, historically significant, people have been named that. Still looks like something I would have planned to name my own country when I was seven.

Well!  (huff puff)  When I was seven I was going to have my own country too.  And I was going to be the Queen!  And my country's name was going to be Babalonianna!  My name's longer than your name.  So there!!   ;D

Kariachi

« Reply #17343 on: April 06, 2013, 10:19:46 PM »

Well!  (huff puff)  When I was seven I was going to have my own country too.  And I was going to be the Queen!  And my country's name was going to be Babalonianna!  My name's longer than your name.  So there!!   ;D

Well, mine was gonna have magic ponies and flatcats, so there! ;P

Okay, here's a question, has anyone here looked up their name and been surprised by what people had to say? I know I was shocked to think people feel my name is just a made-up version of a male name used by the unimaginative (not making this up). And this is one that's, while not common, generally a more classical name.
"Heh. Forgive our manners, little creature that we may well kill and eat you is no excuse for rudeness."

Bethczar

« Reply #17344 on: April 06, 2013, 10:25:28 PM »

The Empress of Bethalonia has now declared war upon Babalonianna!

Calistoga

« Reply #17345 on: April 08, 2013, 04:57:59 PM »
I work with a girl named Heaven.

I have...so many issues with this name.

Cami

« Reply #17346 on: April 08, 2013, 05:25:37 PM »

I'd rather have Heaven than Nevaeh. I mean what's heaven backwards? Hell?

Kariachi

« Reply #17347 on: April 09, 2013, 10:11:27 AM »

DMV.

Hijinks

• Super Hero!
    • Maitri Bath & Body
« Reply #17348 on: April 09, 2013, 11:25:21 AM »
Y'all are killin' me with the jokes today :)

My name is old-school but making a comeback (Victoria) .. means "winner" - huzzah!

heartmug

« Reply #17349 on: April 09, 2013, 12:53:38 PM »

I have seen that name.  My friend from high school, Dennis, told us once that his mom wanted to change his name when he was in grade school because someone pointed out to her that it was "sinned" spelled backwards.
One option in a tug of war with someone is just to drop the rope.

Catananche

« Reply #17350 on: April 09, 2013, 05:35:03 PM »

DMV.

What does DMV. mean?

Calistoga

« Reply #17351 on: April 09, 2013, 06:04:40 PM »
Heh. Department of Motor Vehicles...and yes, it's pretty accurate to say that it's heaven backwards.

Catananche

« Reply #17352 on: April 10, 2013, 06:42:13 AM »
I don't understand what the Department of Motor Vehicles has to do with anything. I'm not from the USA, so it's very likely that I'm missing something that is totally obvious to everyone else.

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #17353 on: April 10, 2013, 07:23:33 AM »
I don't understand what the Department of Motor Vehicles has to do with anything. I'm not from the USA, so it's very likely that I'm missing something that is totally obvious to everyone else.

DMVs are notorious as being places where you spend hours and hours waiting and the staff is rude and nasty and it takes forever to get anything done once your number is called and you actually get to explain why you're there.

And you end up getting sent to a different area where you wait forever again.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17354 on: April 10, 2013, 10:47:42 AM »
In other words:  DMV = Hell