Author Topic: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???  (Read 1971743 times)

starry diadem

• διάδημα: The Glass Hat
Re: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???
« Reply #17445 on: June 18, 2013, 01:55:26 AM »
I have a high school classmate who named her daughter Nori. She gave the meaning she was going with (which I canít remember now), but I kept wondering why she had named her after the seaweed common in sushi.

Or one of the dwarves in the Hobbit.
Mysterious ravens go after local farmer's potatoes

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #17446 on: June 19, 2013, 12:48:57 PM »

Iím a little hesitant to post this, because if friend Googles the name sheís probably going to find it here. I canít imagine there are that many Eugene Amadeus Oscars in the land Ö not sure about the spelling. I am assuming, perhaps hastily, that the spellings are traditional. I mean Ö  I guess the names are traditional, as well, but Ö yowza. Thatís a mouthful.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17447 on: June 21, 2013, 08:07:00 AM »
It's been reported that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West named their baby North making her full name......North West.  Just when I believe I can't think less of them, they always top themselves.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #17448 on: June 21, 2013, 09:23:26 AM »
It's been reported that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West named their baby North making her full name......North West.  Just when I believe I can't think less of them, they always top themselves.
They could get Jack White's daughter Scarlett to babysit.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

lilfox

« Reply #17449 on: June 21, 2013, 11:18:09 AM »

You know what's funny?  When I found out that that was the real name and not a lame late night joke... I couldn't help but think how boring a name that is.  Here they had such an opportunity to go big (given the certainty of coverage of everything they do ever) and that's what they came up with?  It reaches for originality but ultimately lacks imagination and interest, IMHO.  Now if the baby's middle name was Bynorth...   ;)

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #17450 on: June 21, 2013, 11:33:36 AM »

You know what's funny?  When I found out that that was the real name and not a lame late night joke... I couldn't help but think how boring a name that is.  Here they had such an opportunity to go big (given the certainty of coverage of everything they do ever) and that's what they came up with?  It reaches for originality but ultimately lacks imagination and interest, IMHO.  Now if the baby's middle name was Bynorth...   ;)

CRUD MONKEYS!.... now I need to go clean up the snorted diet coke on my keyboard.

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #17451 on: June 21, 2013, 11:57:10 AM »

CRUD MONKEYS!.... now I need to go clean up the snorted diet coke on my keyboard.

And I just choked on a Dorito!  I heard this on GMA this morning and just stood in front of the TV praying there was going to be a punchline..

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #17452 on: July 01, 2013, 03:04:30 PM »
Just found a name, this is an author in a magazine I get for work:

Gypsyamber

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

snowdragon

« Reply #17453 on: July 01, 2013, 05:06:03 PM »
I met a little boy whose name is Tustin. sigh

Nikko-chan

« Reply #17454 on: July 01, 2013, 05:45:23 PM »

*sighs* What the heck is wrong with Justin.... I mean its a lovely name.... why do they have to mess with it!?

poundcake

« Reply #17455 on: July 01, 2013, 05:55:09 PM »

*sighs* What the heck is wrong with Justin.... I mean its a lovely name.... why do they have to mess with it!?

Yes, but does "Justin" have a fantastic outlet mall?

Betelnut

« Reply #17456 on: July 01, 2013, 06:09:42 PM »

Or Dustin.
Native Texan, Marylander currently

katiescarlett

« Reply #17457 on: July 01, 2013, 09:10:37 PM »
Demon.  Pronounced Demahn.  Could be worse, it just has an unfortunate spelling.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #17458 on: July 01, 2013, 09:15:26 PM »
Demon.  Pronounced Demahn.  Could be worse, it just has an unfortunate spelling.

I am reminded of a cartoon I used to watch years ago. "My client was Victor Demann." "I always knew you were working for DeMann!!!"
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

staceym

« Reply #17459 on: July 11, 2013, 07:49:39 AM »

LOL, I was thinking the same thing when I heard it, I thought no, that can't be it, it has to be something more dramatic..but umm no - North they went  :)

===

Busy Phillips (actress on Cougartown and I think McKensie's sister (step perhaps) - just had another baby girl..

now the first girl they named....Birdie (middle name Leigh) -

the new baby - Cricket (middle name Pearl)

I guess they like nature  :)