Author Topic: Military Care Packages: Part II  (Read 15282 times)

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
Re: Military Care Packages: Part II
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2007, 01:43:25 AM »

A woman i work with is in the reserves and so is her husband. She just got back from both sets of military training for nursing, and he has been in Iraq for three weeks of a few months tour. She took a package to our mailroom at work to send him and the postage was free. Our corporate masters are paying for anything going to an APO address. How cool is that?

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2007, 07:37:02 AM »
That's great.

I sent a box of iced tea mix to my group the other day.  Heavier stuff has to wait until next weekend because my right knee was giving me grief this week.

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2007, 02:34:37 PM »
I sent packages to 2 different units.  Yesterday, I got mail from one of them! Apparently, everyone liked what I sent. The person collecting the packages wrote to me and included a separate thank you from one of the other soldiers in his unit. I'm so happy!
The status is not quo!

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2007, 02:37:19 PM »
That's wonderful.  I'm sending a 5th box of Halloween candy and treats on Friday morning.  I just bought some cute little Double Bubble miniature gumball machines for that box.

mlkind1789

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2007, 10:49:15 PM »
I always thought they meant the little neon ones (easier to ship).

I got two new addresses!  Both Marines, and all men squads... I'm so darn used to sending guys care packages from all my friends.  This is the first time that we've all been at our home stations at once, so I figured I would adopt a few troops. 

Mine requested Silly String ;D   Although it is used for a good purpose, when you see a request for silly tring and condoms, it makes you giggle.

Don't forget tampons.  My nephew's wife sent me an article about the medics over there using them for bullet injuries and loving them.  I can't send anything to nephew for another week (they were in Kuwait and Army wanted us to wait until they actually got to Yusafia-I have no idea if I spelled that correctly) but I will probably drop a couple of packages to him before too much longer.

So far all he has asked for is beef jerky, jolly ranchers, starburst and baby wipes.  Back in September he went and spoke to my 9yo dd's 3rd grade class and now they are making birthday cards to send him next month.  They are so excited because they are making writing to him and his unit a class project for the whole year.  We're going to be making "cool ties" later on, I just have to get my sewing machine fixed first.   :-[

He sent my oldest dd an email a couple of days ago and he was so excited because he had been there for over two weeks, and had just seen a tree for the first time over there.