Author Topic: What did you crave when you were pregnant?  (Read 5706 times)

Daffydilly

• Live;) Laugh;( Pretend you're sane :-}
Re: What did you crave when you were pregnant?
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2010, 07:41:17 AM »
I'm doing better these days but the first med my doctor gave me for the nausea was unhelpful. Apparently, I'm sensitive to side effects. After a full day of zombie mode and napping, I had a lovely speckling of red dots appear.  The ER had a good snickering over the Chicken Pox looking rash and sent me home with a different antinausea med. My husband and I looked at the bottle and just shook our heads. So I came out of the nausea stage naturally and my chicken pox reaction took a week to clear up.

Tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese on toast are my big things right now. At least this kid should have some good taste buds when she gets out! ::)

Veronica

• Super Hero!
  • the Patron Saint of Judgmental Statues
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2010, 08:38:20 AM »
I can't stop eating tacos.   :P

Florida

Cellardoor14

• caviar and cigarettes... well versed in etiquette
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2010, 12:21:44 PM »

Well, it looks like the old wives tale was true of us.

Apparently if I crave salty, spicy, sour things it means I'm having another boy!

I'm currently wolfing down antacids, though that's due to the heartburn... wonder if the little one will be born with a full head of hair now as well.     ;)

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2010, 01:50:16 PM »

My mom craved fresh tomatoes while she was pregnant with my younger brother (she didn't like them before her pregnancy), and he is the only one of us kids who loves fresh tomatoes. I always thought that was funny.

My mother craved tomato juice and cabbages with me - and I don't like either tomato juice or cabbages! (Though I will drink tomato juice if it's loaded with spice, hot sauce, and vodka. ;) )

drebay

• drebay does not stand for Dr Ebay!
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2010, 02:07:38 PM »

I'm currently wolfing down antacids, though that's due to the heartburn... wonder if the little one will be born with a full head of hair now as well.     ;)

Don't count on it.  I lived on Rollaids, and DD was bald until she was two.   ;D

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2010, 02:10:30 PM »

Don't count on it.  I lived on Rollaids, and DD was bald until she was two.   ;D

Whereas I had heartburn maybe three times total in three pregnancies, and gave birth to babies with full heads of hair (the girls had really full heads of thick blonde hair; the boy had less than they, but still much more than peach fuzz).

Bratski

« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2010, 03:18:45 PM »
With DS I wanted cheeseburgers and fries with salt/vinegar. I also loved pickles, onions mixed with mustard and microwaved for 30 seconds or so.

DD1- I didn't give birth to her but when she came home I found that I ended up eating babyfood with her because she wouldn't eat unless you did. Banana Cream Pie rules.

DD2- Ice, ice and more ice. DH bought 8 icetrays at the dollar store just to try to keep up. Chicken balls and rice were a big favorite and BK fries.

I had wicked morning sickness with both pregnancies, I could hardly eat anything for about three months but I certainly made up for it later. I also had bad heartburn and both were born with full heads of thick hair.

Cellardoor14

• caviar and cigarettes... well versed in etiquette
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2010, 03:50:21 PM »

Whereas I had heartburn maybe three times total in three pregnancies, and gave birth to babies with full heads of hair (the girls had really full heads of thick blonde hair; the boy had less than they, but still much more than peach fuzz).

We do tend to give birth to hairy babies in my family. The Boo had a huge amount of jet-black hair, which didn't fall out- but did turn blonde, though I only started to have heartburn with him in the third trimester. 

It seems like I done everything earlier and more severely this pregnancy.  I've already told Mr Cellardoor that at this rate, we're going to have to call the baby, Rennie (UK version of Roll-aids), Tums or Gasvicon.  ;)