Author Topic: What's your favorite cheese?  (Read 5613 times)

Gyro Widget

Re: What's your favorite cheese?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 09:02:31 PM »
Goat cheese.  Just plain creamy goat cheese. 

Nothing better than a goat cheese and steak salad with sun-dried tomato vinaigrette!!! 

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 09:15:25 PM »
All kinds.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

jais

• Super Hero!
  • Two Friends. Two Hearts. One Promise. One Love.
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 09:16:44 PM »
The edible kind.  ;D I don't know if I've had a cheese I didn't like to be honest. I love it all.

I'm currently craving a good brie.

MMMMMMMMMMMM. Cheese.

I'm with Auntie on this one.

Is there bad cheese?

extranormal

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 09:29:50 PM »
Is there bad cheese?

I'll risk the wrath of some cheese lovers by positing the following: gouda is not good cheese.

I just don't like it. It has...a flavor.  :)

wordgirl

• Ponytail time
  • Super Hero!
  • Coca-Cola, cake and single-malt Scotch--I'm happy!
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 09:35:03 PM »
I'm with those who say Harvarti. Eaten with crisp sweet apple slices, soooooo good.

In London, oddly enough, I discovered how much I loved Boursin cheese spread on good French bread.

Julia S

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 09:35:30 PM »
Seconding Marcel's Gouda, though I like the mild version better, and Space's goat's cheese. Yummy!

Also: a mild Manchego with quince marmalade after dinner.

*drools*

Is there bad cheese?

I'll risk the wrath of some cheese lovers by positing the following: gouda is not good cheese.

I just don't like it. It has...a flavor.  :)

Blasphemy! :o

;D

And a little blasphemy from Her Majesty (eldest cat, cheese lover and ruler of our household):
Cheddar is not cheese!

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 09:58:46 PM »
The edible kind.  ;D I don't know if I've had a cheese I didn't like to be honest. I love it all.

MMMMMMMMMMMM. Cheese.

Is there bad cheese?

Well, maybe that stuff that comes individually wrapped in plastic looking slices...
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

GlindaBunny

• my etsy store
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 11:13:06 PM »
I like lots of kinds of cheese.

Kumquat's favorite types (as judged by how quickly he tackles me for a bite when he sees/smells them) are brie and imported parmesan.  If he sees you with parmesan and you give him, say, a slice of swiss instead of a sliver of parmesan, he'll scream and cry.

Maujer

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 11:48:08 PM »
Get the oldest cheddar you can find. Seriously, I have a four-year-old cheddar in my fridge that is calling to me.

Also, I like my cheese with some flavor, occasionally. If you can order from igourmet.com ...

Quebec 8-year cheddar is my favourite. I immigrated to Canada just for that. OK, exaggerating, but it is my favourite cheese.

There's a marscapone/gorgonzola torte which I love. I also love gorgonzola dolce in its own right.

Feta, sheep's milk only as Dazi said.

I love a chevre (soft, creamy, lightly tangy goat's milk cheese), with or without herbs/garlic.

I love igourmet.com - I used to treat myself with some Australian water wheels, marascapone/gorgonzola torte, duck salami, and canned Belgian chocolates with nuts every few months. I wish they'd get duck salami back in the stock - that stuff is utterly evil.

Oh no. Why did you show me this website?

I recently tried Humboldt Fog, which is a soft goat's milk cheese with a layer of ash inside it. Very tasty.

Also, the last time I went out, I had Bonne Bouche, another goat's milk cheese from Vermont. Mmmmm!

Um. I like goat's milk cheese.

extranormal

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 11:49:34 PM »
I recently tried Humboldt Fog, which is a soft goat's milk cheese with a layer of ash inside it. Very tasty.

I just bought that, myself! I'm practically fighting my DH for the ash.

CeeBee

• Lipstick Addict
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 11:53:41 PM »
Creamy havarti (Ferndale is the best brand here) is my absolute favourite. Double cream camenbert is a close second.
Port Salut is also nice, and smoked applewood cheddar is very delicious.

I regularly have at least 3 different kinds of cheese in the fridge, I think we're up to seven at the moment...
There is no tetanus shot for when reality bites you in the bottom...

NutMeg

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 12:21:04 AM »
That's like asking if I have a favourite child.

Currently in the fridge is old cheddar, mozarella, feta, and blue cheese. I wish there was also Gruyere in there (if I had to pick a fav, that would be it).
"You're hostages! This is a life-and-death situation here. Start acting like it! We're your captors. We're armed. There's rules. There's a whole school of etiquette to this!" - Dr. Daniel Jackson                

M-theory

• cybernetic loving
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 12:52:56 AM »
Get the oldest cheddar you can find. Seriously, I have a four-year-old cheddar in my fridge that is calling to me.

Also, I like my cheese with some flavor, occasionally. If you can order from igourmet.com ...

Quebec 8-year cheddar is my favourite. I immigrated to Canada just for that. OK, exaggerating, but it is my favourite cheese.

There's a marscapone/gorgonzola torte which I love. I also love gorgonzola dolce in its own right.

Feta, sheep's milk only as Dazi said.

I love a chevre (soft, creamy, lightly tangy goat's milk cheese), with or without herbs/garlic.

I love igourmet.com - I used to treat myself with some Australian water wheels, marascapone/gorgonzola torte, duck salami, and canned Belgian chocolates with nuts every few months. I wish they'd get duck salami back in the stock - that stuff is utterly evil.

Oh no. Why did you show me this website?

Also, the last time I went out, I had Bonne Bouche, another goat's milk cheese from Vermont. Mmmmm!

Um. I like goat's milk cheese.

If you like hot sauce, chocolates, or tea, avoid those sections of the site. >:D

JadeGirl

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 03:34:46 AM »
Jindi Triple Cream, Pyngana Cheddar and Mersey Valley Cheddar are my favourites.  I'm also addicted to the processed cream cheese wheel with walnuts in it.

magdalena

• Super Hero!
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2009, 03:37:33 AM »

MMMMMMMMMMMM. Cheese.

Is there bad cheese?

I will just say that you said it all :)

Cheese *wanders into the kitchen*