Author Topic: What's your favorite cheese?  (Read 6019 times)

Giggity

• Super Hero!
Re: What's your favorite cheese?
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2009, 10:14:18 AM »
My current love is St. Albray. Oh. My. God. Met him in Paris and he swept me off my stilettos.

St. Albray is a double cream, right? Or is it triple? I am drooling right now!
Words mean things.

afreet

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2009, 10:25:32 AM »
Juana la loca, I am not sure! but here is the link...it sure tastes like triple cream... :D
http://www.iledefrancecheese.com/index.php/St.-Albray/st-albray.html

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2009, 11:54:50 AM »
I am a big fan of Havarti. Also love any form of pepper cheese.

Jloreli

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2009, 11:56:14 AM »
Mmmmmm cheese......the most important food group!

Parrano is one of my favs....a cross of gouda and parm....makes a great grilled cheese on crusty bread.

I'm a sucker for just about any smoked cheese.

If you are in the Denver area I have to put in a shameless plug for  a former classmate....if you love cheese get thee to Frommage to Yours! Or order from her website http://www.echeese.com/ . This shop is to die for and starting it was Jackie's dream. She does a ton for local folks/charites, supports artisan cheesemakers, and is an all around nice person!

little bird

• we defy augury
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2009, 11:59:07 AM »
Oh, man.  I just picked up an amazing Iberico at Trader Joe's.  I don't think I'd ever had one before but I am in love. 

Why can I not live on a diet consisting solely of cheese, bread, olive oil and wine?
there's a special providence in the fall of a sparrow

I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2009, 12:29:40 PM »
Let me just start out by saying that cheese is another food group for me! 

I love pretty much any kind, except for American and Velveeta and feta...  As to what's my favorite, it really depends on what I'm in the mood for.  I love brie, smoked gouda, and kind of smoked cheese really, swiss, fresh mozerella, etc etc etc.  One of my favorites, and for the life of me I CANNOT remember what its called, but its English, although you can find it at Trader Joes, and its striped.  Its some variety of cheddar, I think, with stripes of blue cheese in it.  it is SOOO yummy!

In fact, for my NYE solo feast, I'm planning on getting some cheese and otehr stuff, and sitting my my jammies with some wine, and watching movies.

little bird

• we defy augury
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2009, 12:52:25 PM »
One of my favorites, and for the life of me I CANNOT remember what its called, but its English, although you can find it at Trader Joes, and its striped.  Its some variety of cheddar, I think, with stripes of blue cheese in it.  it is SOOO yummy!

Huntsman, maybe?  That's a combination of Double Gloucester and Stilton.  I love it!

I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

Lynnv

« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2009, 12:55:24 PM »
If you are in the Denver area I have to put in a shameless plug for  a former classmate....if you love cheese get thee to Frommage to Yours! Or order from her website http://www.echeese.com/ . This shop is to die for and starting it was Jackie's dream. She does a ton for local folks/charites, supports artisan cheesemakers, and is an all around nice person!

Oooh-and that isn't much further for me than The Cheese Importers (Longmont).  I can foresee a cheese shopping trip in my not too distant future!
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2009, 01:08:16 PM »
My mother LOVES Feta cheese. She avoids eating dairy but splurges on goat feta. I like feta.

I don't like Asiago all that much. Too salty.
I have pet mice!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2009, 01:13:28 PM »
One of my favorites, and for the life of me I CANNOT remember what its called, but its English, although you can find it at Trader Joes, and its striped.  Its some variety of cheddar, I think, with stripes of blue cheese in it.  it is SOOO yummy!

Huntsman, maybe?  That's a combination of Double Gloucester and Stilton.  I love it!

YES!  Thank you...i've been going nuts trying to remember what its called.....

evely28

« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2009, 01:23:17 PM »
Beecher's Handmade Cheese. Marco Polo and No Woman are my favorites and they ship :D

Jarlsberg from Norway.

Man, I'm getting hungry...........

HoneyBee

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2009, 07:07:54 PM »
Goat cheese!!! Nothing like a chevre! And gruyere.

I like to make grilled cheese sandwiches with goat cheese and gruyere!

Have one of those with a bowl of lentil soup.

That is my guilty pleasure. Yummmmmmmmmm

little bird

• we defy augury
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2009, 07:12:41 PM »
Goat cheese!!! Nothing like a chevre! And gruyere.

I like to make grilled cheese sandwiches with goat cheese and gruyere!

Have one of those with a bowl of lentil soup.

That is my guilty pleasure. Yummmmmmmmmm

Oh, that sounds so good.  I'm also partial to a nice grilled cheese sandwich with a smoked gouda, extra-sharp cheddar and tomato. 

finecabernet

« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2009, 07:44:35 PM »
I guess a lot of this is region specific, because I haven't seen anyone mention my very favorite, hard provolone, and it's runner up, asiago.

Live in Southeast PA, by the way.

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2009, 07:47:01 PM »
Gouda. By far.