Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

What is the proper type of glass in which to serve Lambic?

(1/3) > >>

rmk1:
I'm considering serving it at our wedding (whenever we can really get down to finally planning, that is...)

Apple-flavord, if it matters.

BittyB:
I drink my Lambic's in pint glasses, but that is in the comfort of my own home.  Since it's a fruit ale (unless we are talking of different drinks) I'd go with whatever you would serve ale in - either a pint glass or a beer mug?

Sibby:
Fruit beers are generally served in beer bells or flutes.  A beer bell is a tall narrow glass, sometimes with a slight stem (like a mutant champagne flute) or with a narrow bottom and flared top (imagine an anorexic pint glass).

blarg314:

Well, if you want to go all beer snob, each Belgian brewery makes its own glasses, and you match the glasses to what brewery the beer is from.

This site gives some examples

http://www.belgianstyle.com/mmguide/glass/glass.html

That's pretty expensive, though.  A wine glass or water goblet would actually work pretty well as a substitute - closer than a pint glass or pilsner glass or the weis beer glasses.

At home I have several sets of beer glasses - basic pint glasses, hefeweizen glasses and Belgian style glasses, all from different breweries, so when (not if) one gets broken it doesn't break up the set.

Sootikin:

--- Quote from: Sibby on May 10, 2007, 04:27:11 PM ---Fruit beers are generally served in beer bells or flutes.  A beer bell is a tall narrow glass, sometimes with a slight stem (like a mutant champagne flute) or with a narrow bottom and flared top (imagine an anorexic pint glass).

--- End quote ---

Right this minute, I'm drinking my lime and soda from my newly christened 'anorexic pint glass' ;D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version