Author Topic: Anyone from Amsterdam?  (Read 1145 times)

Calbrini

Anyone from Amsterdam?
« on: May 11, 2007, 03:53:06 PM »
I dont know if this is the right place to post but here goes. My Parents were in amsterdam on a mii-break for their Ruby wedding aniversary. My poor dad got himself run over by a motorbike and although he broke no bones, one of his wounds is now infected and he isnt well at all. My parents couldnt say enough good things about the police who helped, a woman who ran out of a shop to give first aid, the ambulance crew and the hospital staff. also the hotel staff were helpful.

Has Amsterdam a local newspaper where we could write a letter for them to print, thanking all the nice people? If so could I please have an address? Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 03:57:39 PM by Calbrini »

Quesselin

Re: Anyone from Amsterdam?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 02:41:01 PM »
I'm not from the Netherlands, but I speak Dutch and have spent a lot of time there. Here's a list of all newspapers in NL, please see under "Noord Holland", you'll find a couple of local newspapers from Amsterdam, some of them even English language.

I hope your dad will be well soon, and I'll say that his good experience with the Dutch are just like mine. It's a wonderful country.

Calbrini

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 06:28:32 AM »
Thank You, Quesselin

Shores

• Super Hero!
  • F.O.E.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 07:29:53 AM »
Het Parool ( http://www.parool.nl/ ) is a good one. VolksKrant ( http://www.volkskrant.nl/) isn't specifically Amsterdam, but its a good one.  Both sites are completely in Dutch, but on the VolksKrant site, go to Opinie in teh top bar and then Brieven underneath that. On the righthand side of the page, there's a box that says "stuur en brief" and the newspaper address and email. That's pretty much for letters to the editor type things and is probably what you're looking for. The other site should have a similar system.
Wherever you go.... there you are.