Okay this is the most amazing chocolate cake recipe ever. Ever. And it's easy.
Easy Chocolate-Orange Cake
Yield: 12 servings
1+¼ cup (170 g) flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (dutched/dark)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup (200 g) sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2-3 teaspons orange extract
½ cup (1.2 dl) milk or water
½ cup (1.2 dl) vegetable oil (flavorless)
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C)
2. Grease a 9 inch (23 cm) cake tin. Cut out parchment to cover the bottom and grease that.
3. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar, orange and vanilla extracts in a bowl.
4. Add milk/water, vegetable oil and eggs.
5. Mix everything together until smooth, either by hand or by using an electric mixer at slow speed.
6. Transfer to bake tin and bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 35 to 45 minutes.
7. After the cake has cooled, slice the cake through the middle to make two layers (easier if the cake has been in the fridge).
For easy, easy frosting, take a can of chocolate frosting and add orange extract to taste. No one will ever guess you didn't make it from scratch.