The Good Things in Life > Extending the hand of kindness

"May" We Tell You You ROCK?! (Remember! Both donors AND NON-donors are stars!)

<< < (279/291) > >>

DottyG:
Way to go, Snooks and LadyD!!!!  Y'all are wonderful!!!

I want a pin, too!  That's my goal - to get a pin or a mug!  Great job!

I also got an IM that our Sharnita donated!  That's TERRIFIC - I'm adding you to the tally, too.

Bottlecaps:
That does it - I'm going to look up locations near me that will take blood donations. I highly doubt I'll make it in for March since it's so close to the end of March, plus Mr. Bottlecaps' work schedule, but maybe I can make it in for April. Do they type test you when you give blood? I'm almost positive that I'm O-, but I would want to know for sure, for future reference. I've always wanted to give blood.

I went to the Red Cross website, and it said that if you have a heart murmur, you can donate as long as you haven't had any symptoms within the past six months. What exactly does that mean - no symptoms other than the murmur, or no murmur itself? I have a murmur, but it's never going to go away - my heart will forever sound like a river instead of a drum. :-P Do I have to take in proof that I've been treated for it? (If that's the case, then I definitely won't make April - it will take way longer than that to get my hands on my proof.) I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for those questions - the website just doesn't go into a whole lot of detail about this particular subject, though.  :-[

LadyDyani:

--- Quote from: Bottlecaps on March 28, 2013, 07:24:28 PM ---That does it - I'm going to look up locations near me that will take blood donations. I highly doubt I'll make it in for March since it's so close to the end of March, plus Mr. Bottlecaps' work schedule, but maybe I can make it in for April. Do they type test you when you give blood? I'm almost positive that I'm O-, but I would want to know for sure, for future reference. I've always wanted to give blood.

I went to the Red Cross website, and it said that if you have a heart murmur, you can donate as long as you haven't had any symptoms within the past six months. What exactly does that mean - no symptoms other than the murmur, or no murmur itself? I have a murmur, but it's never going to go away - my heart will forever sound like a river instead of a drum. :-P Do I have to take in proof that I've been treated for it? (If that's the case, then I definitely won't make April - it will take way longer than that to get my hands on my proof.) I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for those questions - the website just doesn't go into a whole lot of detail about this particular subject, though.  :-[

--- End quote ---

Try calling the 800 number to ask.  They're very helpful with any questions. 

Bottlecaps:

--- Quote from: LadyDyani on March 29, 2013, 09:30:17 AM ---Try calling the 800 number to ask.  They're very helpful with any questions.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! :)

Doll Fiend:
I have a heart murmur and donated plenty of times in the past with no problems.

That is a different story now. Now I am the one receiving blood and I want to say thank you again to all that donate. This weekend again I had to receive blood and I am grateful of those who donate blood, time, money, and effort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version