Author Topic: "May" We Tell You You ROCK?! (Remember! Both donors AND NON-donors are stars!)  (Read 157649 times)

DottyG

• Super Hero!
Re: February's Blood Drive (Remember! Both donors AND NON-donors are stars!)
« Reply #1350 on: February 01, 2013, 12:49:47 PM »
Sunnygirl, that's totally ok!  There are people who can't give because of medical reasons, fear of needles, just don't like giving blood, whatever.  And, like I said above, that's no problem!  I really, really want people to understand that this EHell blood donation (both in Blood Donation February and the rest of the year) is for EVERYONE.  You don't actually have to have a needle in your arm to participate at all!

You absolutely get counted in the tally on the 1st page as someone who supports donation!  My hope is that there's awareness of it - even if people don't actually give themselves.

Just Lori

• USA
« Reply #1351 on: February 01, 2013, 08:29:20 PM »
I guessed I timed things wrong, because I donated last week, so I won't be able to donate in February.  Can we count my late January donation as a February donation?

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1352 on: February 01, 2013, 09:28:03 PM »
I'm sure I could be persuaded to do that. ;)  (Although, January's tally was really low - you can be added in to bump that up instead.  Completely up to you!)

I'm glad you donated - whether it was last week, this week or next week!  Congratulations. :)

Snooks

« Reply #1353 on: February 05, 2013, 05:18:44 PM »
I'm due to give in March but I need to rearrange my appointment as I'm booked on a multiday training course for work that week.

snowdragon

« Reply #1354 on: February 08, 2013, 06:14:28 PM »
I don''t know when I last donated. How can I find out? 

It was either December or January but I am not sure when and I don't know if I am eligible yet.

Thanks

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1355 on: February 08, 2013, 07:00:25 PM »
snowdragon, did you post it here? I'm not seeing you in the last few pages of the thread, so I'm not sure we have a record of it here.

But wherever you donated will.  Was the Red Cross or something like that?  They'll have the records as to your last donation.

Let us know what you find out! :)

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #1356 on: February 08, 2013, 10:45:14 PM »
I took a break from donation to recover from a nasty cold, but I have my appointment booked for February 16th.  I picked that day because where I am, that's a long weekend, so I have a couple days to recover before going back to work.  Looking forward to being back at it!
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
« Reply #1357 on: February 09, 2013, 11:29:47 AM »
I'm donating later today :D

A+ blood type here.

JacklynHyde

« Reply #1358 on: February 09, 2013, 12:25:57 PM »
I donated 1/31 in honor of my friend's granddaughter.  She passed away 1/24 after a three year battle of adrenal cortical carcinoma.  I'll donate again in March when I'm eligible.  Sorry I missed the timing by a day!

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1359 on: February 09, 2013, 04:31:37 PM »
Oh, JH, I'm so sorry for your loss. What an incredibly sweet and generous tribute to her. That's a great way to honor someone. If its ok with you, I'd like to add you to this month's tally. A day off is close enough, and I do want you to get recognition.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1360 on: February 09, 2013, 04:33:18 PM »
Kendo and GreenEyed, y'all are terrific! Way to go to y'all! Adding you both in as well!

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #1361 on: February 10, 2013, 12:54:29 PM »
I'm donating later today :D

A+ blood type here.

We have the same blood type!
"After all this time?"
"Always."

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #1362 on: February 12, 2013, 05:38:12 PM »
I'm sure I could be persuaded to do that. ;)  (Although, January's tally was really low - you can be added in to bump that up instead.  Completely up to you!)

I'm glad you donated - whether it was last week, this week or next week!  Congratulations. :)

How about the 30+ pints from my January office blood drive (that I organize)?

Next one is early April...
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #1363 on: February 12, 2013, 06:26:22 PM »
Last week I got a message on my answering machine that went something like this:
"Hi! This is So-and-So from [Blood Bank]. We have a real need for your blood type, and we were hoping you could come in...

"Oh. I see you already have an appointment for the 12th. Thank you and have a nice day."

I did have an appointment. I kept the appointment. The blood bank now has another pint.

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1364 on: February 12, 2013, 07:32:47 PM »
WAY TO GO, jedikaiti!!!  That's incredible!  I'm so glad I get to add something in for January. :)

And Nutraxfornerves, WAY TO GO to you, too!  Another pint is great!  Congratulations. :)