Author Topic: "May" We Tell You You ROCK?! (Remember! Both donors AND NON-donors are stars!)  (Read 147772 times)

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
Re: April's Blood Drive (Remember! Both donors AND NON-donors are stars!)
« Reply #1410 on: April 16, 2013, 05:33:49 PM »
I'm donating tomorrow - I just became eligible again after my last donation.

Bethczar

« Reply #1411 on: April 22, 2013, 06:48:19 PM »
Just got back from aphoresis. The Red Cross workers were very tired from an unexpectedly busy day. ;)

Moralia

• That's just tacky, tacky, tacky!
« Reply #1412 on: April 24, 2013, 09:18:52 AM »
I didn't even see this thread before of I would have mentioned that I gave on the 7th.  The only downside to crashing a church blood drive is that the church ladies try to recruit you.

Just Lori

• USA
« Reply #1413 on: April 24, 2013, 09:37:31 AM »
My husband and I gave yesterday.  My veins are small, and the tech didn't have the needle in all the way, so it took forever to fill the bag.  A more experienced tech came in at the end and gave the needle a push, and the blood came out at regular speed. However, I admit to not loading up on water the day before, which I know can make a difference.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #1414 on: April 25, 2013, 07:33:42 PM »

I took iron supplements two weeks before my donation appointment. The last three times I tried to donate, I was *just* under the minimum amount. It was very disappointing. And you have to wait 56 days between donations whether you donate or not, which I understand, but it still sucks.

That's not the case everywhere, it was just a short deferral for me.  Maybe a day or 2? 

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1415 on: May 02, 2013, 06:57:48 PM »
Yay yay yay!  I love these stories!

I love the ones where people tried to give and couldn't, too.  You took time out of your day to try to donate.  That is STILL huge!!!

Everyone here deserves a standing ovation (yet again!)

I'm about to get the May Tracker up and going.  Let's see if we can get a lot of people even more aware of donations this month than we have before!

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
I wasn't able to donate on my last appointment (had to cancel it in fact) and was planning to rebook but now I have a terrible cold, so I have to wait for that to pass before I can go in again.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

DottyG

• Super Hero!
Awwww, I hope you feel better soon. Take good care of yourself.

dawbs

We donated yesterday :)
(or, accurately, I donated, the kid got cookies.  again.  she thinks this set-up is pretty awesome)

LadyDyani

• Freelance Editor
I donated on May 10, and just remembered to note it here.  Didn't make my next appt yet, waiting to see if I got the job I applied to. Once I have a schedule set, I'll make the appt.
English doesn't borrow from other languages, it follows them down dark alleys and beats them up and searches their pockets for loose grammar.

Jones

I donated today! Went very quick apparently I am a bleeder. When I said, wow that was fast, she told me my time was 4:54. Beat the 5 minute mark! :o

DottyG

• Super Hero!

Snooks

32nd donation today. I gave quickly and found the best chocolate in the basket at the end.

LadyDyani

• Freelance Editor
I donated today! Went very quick apparently I am a bleeder. When I said, wow that was fast, she told me my time was 4:54. Beat the 5 minute mark! :o

4:54 is my record.  I hit it a couple years ago, and haven't managed under 5:06 since.  I keep trying though.  :-)
English doesn't borrow from other languages, it follows them down dark alleys and beats them up and searches their pockets for loose grammar.

Snooks

I was 4.22 yesterday.  It's rare for me to take longer than five minutes.