Author Topic: Weird Everyday Things You Love Doing  (Read 3560 times)

Eeep!

Re: Weird Everyday Things You Love Doing
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2014, 05:32:09 PM »
Maybe this isn't exactly something I do but...

I like it when a room is nice and clean and then one of my boys leaves like one or two toys that they played with on the floor. It makes me happy.  I don't know why. Like it's a reminder that life is going on in my clean house.  A book left on a couch also makes me happy.  (Both of things drive my husband nuts. heh.)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Miss Understood

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2014, 10:54:31 PM »
Maybe this isn't exactly something I do but...

I like it when a room is nice and clean and then one of my boys leaves like one or two toys that they played with on the floor. It makes me happy.  I don't know why. Like it's a reminder that life is going on in my clean house.  A book left on a couch also makes me happy.  (Both of things drive my husband nuts. heh.)

I get this.  My DH would like our apartment to look like a model home, but I like some signs of living around (cat toys and books! especially).  He always wants everything "put away" unless you are using it that second.  But he is amused that the cats always find theit favorite "put away" toys even when he buries them in the cat toy basket.  They are always there the next morning.

SmarterPrimate

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2014, 10:51:42 AM »
Amen to both sneezing and q-tip-ear-cleaning! I'm so jealous of my DH who habitually sneezes at least 4 times in a row. I usually only get 2 (1 is just a rip-off) but if I happen to get 3 or 4, it makes my day  :)

One of my weirdest, most favouritst things to do... this is so mundane... I love, love, love to peel the lint off the dryer screen! If it comes off in one big smooshy piece, oh the joy! I don't know why, I've always loved doing that. Our new dryer has a very satisfying screen to peel  :D

PurpleFrog

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2014, 12:12:08 PM »
Following on from my first post, it appears DS is his Mummy's son.

After a violent sneeze fest, he came out with "I do love sneezing, I do."

It took me 10 minutes to stop laughing.

Now that sound like Welsh phrasing, you haven't been sneaking him in have you?

Eta I love seeing a white wash hanging on the line. Or nappies back when we were using cloth. There's something wholesome about it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 12:18:40 PM by PurpleFrog »
[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve

Cherry91

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2014, 12:31:08 PM »
I love it when my lower back has been feeling out of sorts for ages, and I'm finally able to realign it with an almighty pop/crack sound (although the positions I have to get into to do so aren't particularly dignified...)

...Except for when I forget that it's gotten really loud over the years, and accidentally terrify someone nearby...  ::)

catwhiskers

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2014, 10:01:04 PM »
I love doing the washing up (but don't tell my OH). :P

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2014, 12:30:33 PM »
I love cleaning out my ears like that too! It just feels so good to scratch that itch you don't even know is there till you actually touch it with the Q-tip. :P

Then add me to the weird list! Even though I know you aren't supposed to dig in your ear with a q-tip, I have bad allergies, so they are always itchy, and many times, I can feel fluid floating in them. So I'll stick on in, scratch gently, and many time when I take it out, its damp for the ick in my ears. Best feeling in the world!

Moonie

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2014, 12:52:10 PM »
I also like washing dishes.  I have a weird habit of saying"I'm sorry." when I pass roadkill when driving. Just telling the little critter that I'm sorry they died the way they did. Don't know why, but it makes me feel better. I know.....I'm weird   ::)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.

Esther_bunny

• Life is too short for cheap chocolate!
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2014, 11:23:24 PM »
When DH is gone, I love asking the girls (our dogs), "Where's daddy?" They get so excited and run to the front door. When DH is home I'll ask them to go get daddy and thry run to find him in the house. It just makes me smile to think they might actually know that the word "daddy" means him when we never taught them that.

Anthropormorphic,  I know...