News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• April 18, 2015, 11:35:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 413251 times)

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #2160 on: April 13, 2015, 03:08:23 PM »
There used to be a pho place in town called Pho Shizzle.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Tsaiko

« Reply #2161 on: April 13, 2015, 03:27:12 PM »
Friends of the family talk about driving through SC for a wedding and finding a Chinese restaurant called, I kid you not, "The Golden Run."

They made jokes and laughed all through the rest of SC and most of NC as well. Hours of entertainment.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #2162 on: April 13, 2015, 03:46:17 PM »
We have an automotive mechanic school named UTI. In big letters. On their building and all their ads.

Mustard

« Reply #2163 on: April 13, 2015, 04:07:27 PM »
We came across the Cafe Colon in Majorca.  Strangely, we weren't tempted to eat there..

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
« Reply #2164 on: April 13, 2015, 06:59:32 PM »
My brother and I would have too much fun saying the name of a local Chinese place out loud- much to my father's dismay.

What was the name of this place?

Fu Kee!

And in a Nancy Drew book, the name of a pharmaceutical company was "ASCO". Which means "disgust" in Spanish. If the villain worked for  them, it may have been on purpose.
I have pet mice!

Nikko-chan

« Reply #2165 on: April 13, 2015, 08:25:24 PM »
We have an automotive mechanic school named UTI. In big letters. On their building and all their ads.

Same here. Also a school in the next state over used to be called Pittsburgh institute of the culinary arts or something like that. The initials? PICA

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #2166 on: April 15, 2015, 11:19:46 PM »
This could kinda go on the gross-out thread too . . .

Bittybartfast is not quite three, and we're in the middle of the long slog which is potty-training.

Today she came up to me as I was working on the computer and announced "Look!  Mom!  Poop!"  And then proceeded to turn around and try to pull down her diaper (effectively mooning me) to indicate she needed a change  ::)

Luckily it wasn't messy and was easily taken care of, but still  ::) ::) ::)  On the one hand, this is the first time she's actually TOLD me she wanted to be changed (and she said "Thank you, mommy!" when I was done!) but on the other hand . . . yeah, going to have to work on our verbal communication skills  :P

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #2167 on: April 16, 2015, 08:04:51 PM »
I just looked at a new eHell thread with no responses yet. Just below the OP is a line saying "There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?" It's a perfectly reasonable thing for the forum software to say...but for some reason I'm "hearing" it in the most combative and aggressive tone possible.

So here I am, picturing the eHell forum just daring me to respond to that thread:
"You wanna be the first to post, huh? You think you got something worth saying here? No one else had anything to say here. What makes you think you're so special? Fine. You wanna post? Go ahead and post. Go ahead! I dare ya!"

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2168 on: April 16, 2015, 10:02:40 PM »
One of my cats (I want to say she's about 7) hurt her back rough housing with one of the others.  She's had some splendid knots and spasms going on for a few days now. 

She is currently uber kitty stoned from a muscle relaxer. It's kind of sad, but also really amusing.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #2169 on: Yesterday at 06:40:55 PM »
Back about 30 years ago I shared a house with a woman and her 3-year-old little boy.  The first time my mother came for a visit the little boy was showing her around.  He then pointed at the kitty litter and announced, "That's where the cat goes poop!"  I looked over at his mother, who had her head buried in a sofa cushion trying to stifle her laughter.  The little boy was totally serious.