Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 229473 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #1365 on: November 11, 2014, 09:30:46 PM »
In our neighborhood many businesses have blackboard signs on the sidewalk.  These may have daily specials listed or they might just have a quotation of some sort.  Usually, there's an Illustration. 

The local wine shop's sign today read 'Innocent grapes died for you!  Drink wine!'. The illustration was a bunch of grapes with 'Xs' for eyes.

The other day I saw a sign outside a liquor store which read "The liver is evil and it must be punished." I found that amusing.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1366 on: November 19, 2014, 11:23:08 AM »
This wasn't a sign.  It was a reaction to a statement on a T-shirt. 

Mr. Thipu enjoys wearing shirts from Think Geek.  On our recent vacation he brought one that read 'Schroedinger's cat is dead' on the front and 'Schroedinger's cat is not dead' on the back.  There were a surprising number of people who were a bit judgmental. 

'You really don't like cats, do you?'. He stopped counting after the tenth comment but he still wore the shirt. 

Margo

« Reply #1367 on: Yesterday at 11:26:35 AM »
In our neighborhood many businesses have blackboard signs on the sidewalk.  These may have daily specials listed or they might just have a quotation of some sort.  Usually, there's an Illustration. 

The local wine shop's sign today read 'Innocent grapes died for you!  Drink wine!'. The illustration was a bunch of grapes with 'Xs' for eyes.

The other day I saw a sign outside a liquor store which read "The liver is evil and it must be punished." I found that amusing.

There is a wine shop near me which is housed in a really ugly modern warehouse style building, made worse by being close to some really lovely older buildings. Their sign reads "ugly building; Great Wine"