News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 27, 2016, 01:46:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 333655 times)

crella

Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #1620 on: August 24, 2016, 04:06:51 AM »
My friend's daughter's burning question of today "Mommy, do princesses fart?" Said while dressed in a pretty pink princess costume with tiara and pearls.

Ha, ha, ha! Too cute!

jpcher

« Reply #1621 on: August 24, 2016, 05:24:02 PM »
My friend's daughter's burning question of today "Mommy, do princesses fart?" Said while dressed in a pretty pink princess costume with tiara and pearls.

Yes they do, dear. Just not in public. ;D

Frog24

« Reply #1622 on: August 25, 2016, 06:15:26 PM »
I came downstairs the other morning to find both girls curled up on the couch playing a game on their tablet.  The younger one didn't even spare me a glance.  The older one (recently turned 6) saw me and immediately got this woebegone look on her face.  Her eyes grew glassy with tears and she tremulously said: "Mummy, we accidentally ate some of the jelly beans.  We were just soooo hungry!" 

"You accidentally ate them, huh?" I asked casually.
"Yes," she replied, with a slight sniffle.  "And some of them were really yucky."
"The red ones, right?" I asked.
"Yeah!" She said emphatically, waving her hand in front of her mouth as if fanning her tongue. 

Yes, I left the jelly beans out on the table, and they really shouldn't've been eating jelly beans at 6 in the morning.... but I don't know what reaction she expected from me.  I'm not the type of parent who hits, or yells about spilled things.  For some reason, she thought some horrible wrath was going to hit her for eating jelly beans.  In my opinion, getting the extra hot cinnamon jelly beans was punishment enough.

Off topic: Jelly Belly should really come up with another color for cinnamon to completely differentiate it from cherry.

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #1623 on: Yesterday at 02:50:07 PM »
I came downstairs the other morning to find both girls curled up on the couch playing a game on their tablet.  The younger one didn't even spare me a glance.  The older one (recently turned 6) saw me and immediately got this woebegone look on her face.  Her eyes grew glassy with tears and she tremulously said: "Mummy, we accidentally ate some of the jelly beans.  We were just soooo hungry!" 

"You accidentally ate them, huh?" I asked casually.
"Yes," she replied, with a slight sniffle.  "And some of them were really yucky."
"The red ones, right?" I asked.
"Yeah!" She said emphatically, waving her hand in front of her mouth as if fanning her tongue. 

Yes, I left the jelly beans out on the table, and they really shouldn't've been eating jelly beans at 6 in the morning.... but I don't know what reaction she expected from me.  I'm not the type of parent who hits, or yells about spilled things.  For some reason, she thought some horrible wrath was going to hit her for eating jelly beans.  In my opinion, getting the extra hot cinnamon jelly beans was punishment enough.

Off topic: Jelly Belly should really come up with another color for cinnamon to completely differentiate it from cherry.

Maybe you should get some of the Beanboozled ones next time you leave the jelly beans out ;)  >:D They're also by Jelly Belly, but are gross flavors.