News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• May 29, 2015, 12:39:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 424109 times)

GreenHall

Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #2175 on: April 27, 2015, 03:05:18 PM »
In Toronto right now, there is a popular show that involves horses (sort of an equine Cirque du Soleil). Unfortunately, a performer was injured at a recent performance, and had to be hospitalized.

So I really feel badly that I giggled when they reported he was in "stable condition".
I saw that show, I think.  It was during a high-stress time of my life, that eventually revealed to me that I am both an introvert and have (social and other) anxiety.

I was so tense through the whole show thinking something was going to go wrong...

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #2176 on: April 27, 2015, 05:14:15 PM »
In Toronto right now, there is a popular show that involves horses (sort of an equine Cirque du Soleil). Unfortunately, a performer was injured at a recent performance, and had to be hospitalized.

So I really feel badly that I giggled when they reported he was in "stable condition".
I think they used that phrase intentionally.  I giggled, too.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

magicdomino

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2177 on: May 05, 2015, 03:38:51 PM »
Ah, kittens.

For years, I used a baby gate to keep the two older cats from attacking the two younger ones.  Now that I'm down to one older cat, the gate is rarely used, but it is still leaning against the wall.  This morning, Octavia and Damiri were playing around it; Octavia would walk behind and poke at Damiri through the mesh, while Damiri investigated the locking mechanism and swatted at her sister.

Damiri started climbing up the gate.  The inevitable happened.  With a mighty crash, the gate fell on top of Damiri (and Octavia, who chose the wrong moment to walk around to Damiri's side).  I didn't see the kittens again this morning, which is just as well since that way they didn't hear me snickering at them. 

greencat

« Reply #2178 on: May 05, 2015, 04:22:10 PM »
I should probably not laugh at the little baby kittens learning the difference between small and far away.

It's inherently a bit hilarious to see the kittens being excited to see me coming until I get close enough that their little bitty brains process how big I am compared to them, at which point I'm suddenly terrifying, until I get close enough again that all they can see is my foot, at which point I'm not scary anymore  ::)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #2179 on: May 05, 2015, 04:32:43 PM »
Kittens have no perspective.
Bingle bongle dingle dangle yickity-do yickity-dah ping-pong lippy-toppy too tah.

greencat

« Reply #2180 on: May 05, 2015, 04:44:04 PM »
My brain just keeps playing this bit in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5kZ4uIUC0

I'm looking forward to next week when they learn to jump overnight :)

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #2181 on: May 06, 2015, 12:04:47 PM »
Oh good grief, now you've got me remembering a game session where a friend was gleefully playing a rather dim lizardman who equated size with power. Our characters' employer was a very powerful sorceress, and the lizardman couldn't get it through his head that she was much smaller than him and yet capable of destroying cities if she felt like it.

I got a lot of extra XP for the session where my character carefully explained that the sorceress was actually about the size of a mountain, and using magic to make it look like she was in the room with us while she was actually very very far away. Because everyone knows that things that you can still see when they're a long way away are huge, right? Therefore they're powerful! And the fact that she could do that just proved she was even bigger! ;D
"Set aphasia to stun!"

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2182 on: May 22, 2015, 09:50:25 AM »
At my friend and CW. She and i went for mani/pedis after work yesterday. She is only about 12 years older than i am; i'm almost 50, but look very young for my age, so she is 63ish, and looks maybe like she's in her 50's. So she's paying, and the woman asked her oh is your daughter paying for you too?

Oops. not only do we not look anything alike, she doesn't look old enough to be my mom! i told her that was the reason i was laughing, not simply because they thought she was my mom!

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #2183 on: May 25, 2015, 11:18:00 AM »
DH: "Well I'm off!"
Me: "Where are you going?"
DH: ". . . Work?"
Me: "You have to work on Memorial Day?"
DH: "Today's Memorial Day?"
Me: *facepalm*

The look on his face was so adorable  :P  This is my last "vacation day" before summer (i.e. the last day I've got DH at home as backup so it's not just me and two squirrely kids!) - did he really think I'd forget?   ;D

Elisabunny

« Reply #2184 on: May 25, 2015, 02:50:25 PM »

The look on his face was so adorable  :P  This is my last "vacation day" before summer (i.e. the last day I've got DH at home as backup so it's not just me and two squirrely kids!) - did he really think I'd forget?   ;D

;D ;D ;D

I think that entitles him to one forgotten, random present day.  i.e.-"But honey!  Do you really expect me to remember the anniversary of the first time we drove through fog together?  I even forgot Memorial Day!"
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #2185 on: May 25, 2015, 03:18:38 PM »

;D ;D ;D

I think that entitles him to one forgotten, random present day.  i.e.-"But honey!  Do you really expect me to remember the anniversary of the first time we drove through fog together?  I even forgot Memorial Day!"

What's worse is our anniversary IS Memorial Day  ::)  (Not every year, obviously - it's Thursday this time around - but we were married on Memorial Day weekend.)

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #2186 on: May 27, 2015, 03:41:53 PM »
Mild female-related TMI:

The past few nights I really wasn't sleeping well. Yesterday, I was having trouble focusing at work, since I was just so tired (exacerbated by our office being unusually warm). In hindsight, I pretty sure it was related to PMS. Today, I am refreshed and well rested after a good night's sleep...and distracted by cramps. *headdesk* Thank goodness I can easily work from home with my nice heating pad.  ;D

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #2187 on: May 27, 2015, 06:57:10 PM »

;D ;D ;D

What's worse is our anniversary IS Memorial Day  ::)  (Not every year, obviously - it's Thursday this time around - but we were married on Memorial Day weekend.)

Congrats! Me, too! :D
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!