Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 201618 times)

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #1305 on: September 13, 2014, 01:55:18 PM »
My friend is mother to a particularly feisty 2 year old.
She is sweet, loving, incredibly demanding and possessed of an astonishing low cunning.  ;)

Conversation with Daddy:

"Natalie, clean up your toys."
"Natalie, help Louise pick up the mess you two made.'
"Natalie, you need to pick up that toy right there."

Natalie, turns to daddy and beams with innocence "Daddy? You're so cute!"

Nice try kid. Flattery will get you nowhere!

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
!
« Reply #1306 on: September 15, 2014, 05:36:54 AM »
Grandson2 was about 2 1/2 when he hollered TA-DAAA about something.  His mother gave him an evil look and said "Do you know  what we do to little boys who shout TA-DAAAA?" His eyes got big and he said "No..."     :-\      "THIS!" and she grabbed him and gave him about a dozen big, noisy kisses.

He spent the next year or more shouting TA-DAAA for no particular reason at all. ;D

DS does this too.  Usually when he has either left a particularly...interesting gift in our toilet, or finished his food.   ;D

Yesterday DS and I were chatting about where things come from.

Me: Where does milk come from?
DS: Cows!
Me: Yes! Where do eggs come from?
DS: Chickens.
Me: Well done. Where does...cheese come from?
DS: The fridge.

;D

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1307 on: September 15, 2014, 02:36:25 PM »
My oldest is a huge fan of lima beans.  She also eats a lot of peanut butter and jelly because she doesn't seem to like any of the other varieties of sandwich, so if we're having sandwiches for lunch, she ends up with pbj.  She's talked a few times about wanting to try a "lima bean sandwich."  So the other day when she said she didn't know what to make for lunch, I told her I could heat her up some lima beans.  She immediately got excited about trying a sandwich.  Last time I looked, she had them all lined up cutely on her bread, so I knew she'd probably tried it.

Afterwards, I asked her what she thought.  She said, "Well... it wasn't as good as you'd expect it to be!"

No, I wasn't really expecting it to be good, sorry, kid.  :)  (I have wondered if you could mush lima beans and add a bit of oil and salt and make a sort of mash to put on bread... think she'd like that?)

katiescarlett

« Reply #1308 on: September 15, 2014, 11:24:55 PM »
My family went to Disney World back in May.  My 5 year old nephew, Wade, met the love of his life there.  He fell hard for Cinderella and will be marrying her some day.  Well, the other day, he informed his mama that he doesn't have to mind her any more.  When told that yes, he in fact does, he protested, "But, Mom, you and Jenmermer (my name is Jennifer, this is how he pronounces it) don't have to mind Nana!"  Sis told him we don't have to mind our mom because we are adults.  Wade then told her, "When I grow up, I am going to get me a boy, and he will have to do what I tell him.  And his mama is going to be my wife, Cinderella, and we are going to live in the castle at Disney World.  So there, Mom!"

So then he got a talking to about talking respectfully to his mom, though she had to try hard not to laugh during that.  Little stinker.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1309 on: September 16, 2014, 12:09:12 PM »
My coworker just told me this one:

She was talking to her 5 year old son.

'How do you spell 'we'?'

He replies, 'W i i'
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #1310 on: September 16, 2014, 02:18:43 PM »
My coworker just told me this one...

Her 4 year old nephew is into cars, like his dad.  He saw a car and heard the name 'Mustang' so asked his mom what it was.  Mom told him it was a car made by Ford.  Little wheels turned, smoke came out his ears...  'Rob Ford, mummy?'

(For those who don't know, Rob Ford is the current, rather infamous, mayor of Toronto.)
Have to say I'm impressed a 4 yo knows who their mayor is.

Loren had just seen Dolphin Tale 2 and is processing why it is ok for Hope and Winter to stay in captivity but Mandy had to be released. (Basically hop and Winter will not survive in the wild).

We are walking in the mall
Loren - So if our bobcat got hurt and couldn't hunt the hogs anymore, it would be ok for the zoo to take care of it. But as long as it is ok it has to be free right?

Me - Yes

Man walking in front of us turns around You have a bobcat like the animal that is illegal. (The guy was stunned and not really rude)

Me - My cousins, sister, and I have inherited an old hobby farm. We have turned it into a wildlife refuge and we have wildlife cameras. The last batch of pictures showed a bobcat on on the property along with hogs, wolves, deer, and raccoon.

Man - where is this

Me - out in Fort Bend

Man - That close - do you all do tours

Me - No basically we just let the land revert to its natural state and have picnics. Other than the squirrels and a couple of snakes we never see the animals when were are down there, so tours wouldn't work.

Man - cool, that is just so cool.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future