News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• August 28, 2015, 05:03:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 443256 times)

Tashigi

Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #2250 on: August 22, 2015, 04:37:03 PM »
The Gentleman Friend, after going about with a beard and mustache for the past 4 years we've been seeing each other, shaved it all off. I was folding clothes during the proceedings and he stepped in at various stages (hipster soul patch, Errol Flynn, etc.). After he shaved off the last bit, he advised me that he was going to be very careful about waking me up in the morning, lest I turn around, see a complete stranger, and start screaming bloody murder.

Of course he laughed his head off at every time I looked at him and did a double take to make sure that yes, this IS the right gentleman friend!

mmswm

« Reply #2251 on: August 22, 2015, 05:06:20 PM »
My boyfriend keeps a full beard and mustache.  Recently he shaved it all off just for kicks (it's grown back now).  I did a double take multiple times in the first few hours.  It really is astounding how different men look with/without facial hair.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My tumblr
« Reply #2252 on: August 22, 2015, 06:09:24 PM »
My dad used to shave off his beard every summer (I think he's either stopped doing it or went to just trimming it instead.) It always took us a few weeks to get used to it. ;D
"The wild roses have died, Father, and I know not what to do."

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • I am not sweating, I'm glowing!
« Reply #2253 on: August 23, 2015, 12:17:53 PM »
VorGuy is retired military.  When we would go on vacation (on such rare times as he took any time off), he would quit shaving.  Or when he was between stints in the military (his service was not spent in one unbroken stretch - more like five stretches, with civilian time in between, it was complicated to figure, I'm told), he'd let his hair & beard grow out.

This past summer, he's had a beard & mustache, although his hair is only a little longer than usual (his work means that he has the same appearance standards as active duty military).  It's going to be a very different look for him after he gets back from the barber shop this afternoon.

But because he's always going back & forth, the only change is how much gray is in his mustache & beard this summer. 

He retires the end of this semester.  I'm wondering what he will end up doing with his hair...when he no longer has to cut it after vacation is over.  But I always recognize him, because he's worn his hair so many different ways over the last 39.5 years.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

MissNomer

« Reply #2254 on: August 24, 2015, 04:52:09 PM »
My dad grew his beard when he was in his late teens  and has never shaved it since (trimmed sure, shaved never). I guess he's had the beard for 50+ years.So not only have my younger brother and I never seen him without his beard, but my mother hasn't either. If he were to ever shave I'm sure the three of us would be in for a heck of a shock.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #2255 on: August 24, 2015, 05:57:53 PM »
In my list of recent unread topics, there's a thread called "Adult party favors?" That was already easy enough to misinterpret, and then I saw the poster's name: ShadesOfGrey.  :o ...I wonder how many shades there are? >:D