Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 698059 times)

Reika

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3030 on: August 26, 2012, 03:41:17 PM »
Oh vorbau, *lots of hugs* You are a far braver person than I for braving the Bucket of Doom.

vorbau

• walking around naked doesn't make you an emperor
« Reply #3031 on: August 26, 2012, 03:45:01 PM »
Bravery had nothing to do with it. This was survival.
Let's roll. (And you can't scare me; I've had teenagers.)

JennJenn68

« Reply #3032 on: August 26, 2012, 04:04:34 PM »
I don't think I will ever eat sauerkraut again.  I laughed so hard I got the flippin' hiccups!

This thread is the Greatest Diet Aid Ever. ;D

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #3033 on: August 26, 2012, 05:31:49 PM »
I don't think I will ever eat sauerkraut again.  I laughed so hard I got the flippin' hiccups!

This thread is the Greatest Diet Aid Ever. ;D

Strangely, it made me WANT some.

We don't have any. :(

Nikko-chan

« Reply #3034 on: August 26, 2012, 05:46:01 PM »
Bravery had nothing to do with it. This was survival.

Bwahahaha! I second (third, fourth?) The posters who said we miss you when you are away!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3035 on: August 26, 2012, 06:34:02 PM »
I had one today, but its minor compared to the sauerkraut escapade.  I left Friday for my friends to spend a week watching her dogs.  I went home today to get clothes for the week for work.  I KNEW I had forgotten to take the kitchen trash out, but didn't think there was anything particularly stinky in there.  I was wrong.  a mini watermelon i found languishing in the back of the fridge had decided to liquify.  And as my plastic garbage can is one that you step on the bottom to open the lid, the mechanism is such that its not a solid bottom.

So there was a smell as soon as I opened the door, and on the kitchen floor, a trail from the bottom of the can, over to the counter across the kitchen.  Ewwww.  So I had to triple back the bag, mop the floor, adn rinse out the can.  Thankfully not that bad, and only a couple days old.

greencat

« Reply #3036 on: August 26, 2012, 08:41:47 PM »
I also want sauerkraut now.  I have hot dogs.  I want to combine them...

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
« Reply #3037 on: August 26, 2012, 08:49:04 PM »
Hmm. I think I have an episode of Good Eats where he makes sauerkraut. . . Have to find it because now I want home made kraut. Until then, store bought will have to do.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3038 on: August 26, 2012, 09:09:59 PM »
I also want sauerkraut now.  I have hot dogs.  I want to combine them...

Forget hot dogs.  Bratwurst and sauerkraut is the way to go.

greencat

« Reply #3039 on: August 26, 2012, 09:59:15 PM »
But the hot dogs are sitting forlornly in my fridge*

*Because when I bought them, I forgot to buy buns to go with them.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #3040 on: August 27, 2012, 02:54:54 AM »
I think your dad needs to plan his garden a bit better.  Maybe next year you can encourage him to try more different things and smaller amounts of the big four?

My dad loves his garden. He is currently a household of 1, but still plants the same sized garden as he did when I was growing up and our family of 5 couldn't keep up with. He plants his zucchini in waves. Half of one row, then the other half of the row the following week, half of row 2 gets planted in week 3, and the last half of row 2 gets planted in week 4. It stretches out the growing season, but makes the intake more manageable.

Though I swear that if he plants more than 4 tomato plants this year I'm going to go rip them out! (he loves canned tomatoes, and tomato sauce/salsa/marinara but I'm the only one who knows how to put them up). Also, if he plants more than 3 rows of broccoli this winter, I'm changing my number!
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3041 on: August 27, 2012, 08:17:36 AM »
I think your dad needs to plan his garden a bit better.  Maybe next year you can encourage him to try more different things and smaller amounts of the big four?

My dad loves his garden. He is currently a household of 1, but still plants the same sized garden as he did when I was growing up and our family of 5 couldn't keep up with. He plants his zucchini in waves. Half of one row, then the other half of the row the following week, half of row 2 gets planted in week 3, and the last half of row 2 gets planted in week 4. It stretches out the growing season, but makes the intake more manageable.

Though I swear that if he plants more than 4 tomato plants this year I'm going to go rip them out! (he loves canned tomatoes, and tomato sauce/salsa/marinara but I'm the only one who knows how to put them up). Also, if he plants more than 3 rows of broccoli this winter, I'm changing my number!

You can give him my number. I loooooove broccoli.

alegria

« Reply #3042 on: August 27, 2012, 10:21:35 AM »
YAY.  The zit that's been growing at the inside corner of my left eye for the last month or so FINALLY popped last night.  It's been driving me nuts - tweezers couldn't pop it (not like I could get fingernails near it), so I was worried it was a little cyst or something.  I even poked at it with a sharp pin on Saturday night, and no dice.  However, I think that poking weakened it, as when I tried to tweeze it last night after my shower, it went pop and all that goo came out.  Ahhhh.  :)

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
« Reply #3043 on: August 27, 2012, 11:25:15 AM »
Got a bad ingrown toenail right now that has been giving me puss and blood for about a week. Glad it is summer and I can wear open toed shoes and sandals. Even though I am able to get a pearl sized bead of puss out of it every couple of hours, I think there is a larger pocket that I am not getting. May need to use a blade to get at it, needles are not working.

otterwoman

« Reply #3044 on: August 27, 2012, 07:00:18 PM »
Got a bad ingrown toenail right now that has been giving me puss and blood for about a week. Glad it is summer and I can wear open toed shoes and sandals. Even though I am able to get a pearl sized bead of puss out of it every couple of hours, I think there is a larger pocket that I am not getting. May need to use a blade to get at it, needles are not working.

Soak it in salt water, as hot as you can stand. It will help encourage the yeech out.