Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 766812 times)

drzim

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3225 on: October 13, 2012, 03:39:13 PM »

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #3226 on: October 13, 2012, 04:03:11 PM »
Okay, this is grossly fascinating....imagine finding this!

http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/You-won-t-believe-what-washed-up-on-a-Florida-3941171.php

I showed the pic to 5-year-old DD on my phone. She had me zoom in on it as far as the phone would go.

Yep, that's my kid! :)
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #3227 on: October 13, 2012, 08:50:52 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/You-won-t-believe-what-washed-up-on-a-Florida-3941171.php

Thank you for that, I have been looking all over for  a picture of that eye ball!!

parrot_girl

« Reply #3228 on: October 15, 2012, 03:02:57 AM »
My 13 month old son has had 2 ear infections + tonsillitis this past week. He's getting better, thank goodness, but he still has a very fruity cough. Combine that with an unfortunately sensitive gag reflex, plus an urge to breastfeed all night long because he's not feeling well, and you end up with some truly horrible situations.
The worst (so far) was yesterday morning. I had him snuggled up on my shoulder, both of us lying in the big bed, having just finished a mighty feed. And then... *cough cough cough* "oh no!" I thought *cough cough BLEARGH*

He threw up with such force that not only did the ear facing him fill up instantly, some of the regurgitated milk went across my neck and trickled down into my other ear. I have the only boy who can vomit into both his mother's ears at the same time... it wasn't the best way to start the day...

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #3229 on: October 15, 2012, 09:30:19 AM »
My 13 month old son has had 2 ear infections + tonsillitis this past week. He's getting better, thank goodness, but he still has a very fruity cough. Combine that with an unfortunately sensitive gag reflex, plus an urge to breastfeed all night long because he's not feeling well, and you end up with some truly horrible situations.
The worst (so far) was yesterday morning. I had him snuggled up on my shoulder, both of us lying in the big bed, having just finished a mighty feed. And then... *cough cough cough* "oh no!" I thought *cough cough BLEARGH*

He threw up with such force that not only did the ear facing him fill up instantly, some of the regurgitated milk went across my neck and trickled down into my other ear. I have the only boy who can vomit into both his mother's ears at the same time... it wasn't the best way to start the day...

Well, you now have awesome blackmail material for when he's older.... >:D
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3230 on: October 15, 2012, 05:18:29 PM »

Thank you for that, I have been looking all over for  a picture of that eye ball!!

Tis afternoon on the news, it was said that the eye probably came from a swordfish. 

Still, wouldn't it be wonderful to think that it came from a giant squid?

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #3231 on: October 18, 2012, 03:43:54 PM »

My 5 and 7 year old were absolutely fascinated with that picture. 

Tis afternoon on the news, it was said that the eye probably came from a swordfish. 

Still, wouldn't it be wonderful to think that it came from a giant squid?

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #3232 on: October 18, 2012, 05:25:02 PM »
Last night I awakened to severe throbbing pain and discovered a very large boil on my inner thigh.  I got up and hot compressed as it hadn't come to a head yet.  I woke up this morning, gently touched it to see how it was coming along...

It EXPLODED! Everywhere. Pus.blood.more pus,more blood, completely covered the palm of my hand. It was really nasty, but oh the relief!
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3233 on: October 18, 2012, 05:59:05 PM »
I had one on my hindquarters recently.  That is a very not-nice place to get a boil.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3234 on: October 18, 2012, 07:28:06 PM »
Thanks for the tip about the hot compress!  I'll have to try that the next time I get one.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3235 on: October 18, 2012, 07:45:30 PM »
Thanks for the tip about the hot compress!  I'll have to try that the next time I get one.

Works for zits and other infection type things, like styes; draws the pus to the surface which makes it easier to drain and thus clear out.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #3236 on: October 18, 2012, 07:52:18 PM »

Sometimes you have to do it several times.  Last night I just did the one compress at the hottest temp I could stand for about 15 minutes.

I had one on my hindquarters recently.  That is a very not-nice place to get a boil.

Especially bad when you cannot reach it well. 

Worst place I've ever gotten them has been along the elastic band of my undies, front side.Sheer.agony.  Second worst place, underside of breast.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #3237 on: October 18, 2012, 08:20:32 PM »

Sometimes you have to do it several times.  Last night I just did the one compress at the hottest temp I could stand for about 15 minutes.

Especially bad when you cannot reach it well. 

Worst place I've ever gotten them has been along the elastic band of my undies, front side.Sheer.agony.  Second worst place, underside of breast.

I see both of those sites and mention the backside where you'd sit on it AND it was being rubbed by the leg elastic of the undies.......this was in the 1970s when going without those undies wasn't done (and with my parents, going without a bra wasn't done, either).  Fourth bad site - the bridge of the nose - right where my glasses would sit - and I am too danged near-sighted to go without glasses.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3238 on: October 19, 2012, 03:50:29 PM »
when I was a kid, I got a series of boils in and around my nether regions.  I don't rmemeber exactly whether it was front or back or both, but I do recall one parent holding me down whle the other held hot compresses on them.

and then i had one on my arm, and remember the dr. spraying something on it to numb it, and then poking it with something sharp, and squeexing the pus out. GROSS.

and finally, i had one on my stomach, around the waist of my pants. i still remember as it was my b-day party, and i was outside, running around, and POP. all over.  gross.

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #3239 on: October 19, 2012, 08:17:36 PM »
I had a NASTY boil on my back, around my shoulder blade, and was prescribed some cream to put on it to "burn" it off, and the result was quite gross and stinky! And quite hard to treat with the location. Had one under my boob that was easier to treat, but just quite as nasty!