Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 692653 times)

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3465 on: January 04, 2013, 01:14:20 PM »
Back babies...did you ever read David Weber's series about Prince Roger?  March Upcountry, March to the Sea, March to the Stars, and We Few?  The aliens really had back babies...but I digress.

And they felt bad that human women only had two bumps on their fronts, because obviously they had lost part of their litter.  :)
!!!  Snarky & Evil want to send you a virtual white chocolate snowman filled with Kahlua, Coca Cola, and milk - aka "The Cavorting Snowwoman!" (the winter holiday version of a Bunny FooFoo).  They like running into other readers with the same "taste" in books and drinks!
Thank you! It is very wintery here and that will go down nicely.

I'm just re-reading the "Safehold" series (before starting the newest one in the series) and then I'm going to re-read the aforementioned series (for the 3rd or 4th time.)  ;D

Back to the regularly scheduled mayhem and gore.

edited to fix quote tree, during which process I realized -again - why I flunked programming. Can't stack my functions properly!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:50:47 PM by White Dragon »

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #3466 on: January 04, 2013, 01:31:15 PM »
Having my colostomy bag leak in public. (I have since healed and had that closed off.)

Oh, my - my DP has one, also we hope temporarily, and we've had some memorable moments with it, including some episodes we collectively call "Mt. Poo-suvius" when she's had GI upsets (and when she had lysteria poisoning last August). Ostomy stories are truly the worst!

Ooh, no fun at ALL.

Mine was the unfortunate result of a misdiagnosed hernia causing a part of my colon to die and give me sepsis, since the dead part burst open into my body. It had to be cut out, and I had the ostomy while waiting for my body to heal. I hated that dreadful thing.

A malpractice suit was filed and settled out of court.

Now I have a nice, decent Doctor ;) who makes sure all my internal components keep functioning at optimal capacity.

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

Dalek

• Am not amused!
« Reply #3467 on: January 04, 2013, 01:58:14 PM »
Exterminate!!!!!

Seriously though, I'm happy you're better now!
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #3468 on: January 04, 2013, 03:10:57 PM »
Story from a doctor friend (actually, from her psychiatrist colleague).

It is often hard for people to deal with disease and some recently diagnosed HIV positive patients lash out: at the person who passed the virus to them, at family, friends or even society in general. A very small subgroup is of people who react by trying to infect as many other people as possible, often by engaging in unprotected sex with unknowing partner. This particular patient worked in a restaurant and decided that the big, industrial sized mayo was the perfect way to spread the virus, combining revenge with, ahem, happy time.

The doctor told us that it would probably be impossible for someone to contract HIV that way but eeewwweee, nevertheless. The patient was also going to be answering a few questions from the police.

alkira6

« Reply #3469 on: January 07, 2013, 03:10:00 PM »
Story from a doctor friend (actually, from her psychiatrist colleague).

It is often hard for people to deal with disease and some recently diagnosed HIV positive patients lash out: at the person who passed the virus to them, at family, friends or even society in general. A very small subgroup is of people who react by trying to infect as many other people as possible, often by engaging in unprotected sex with unknowing partner. This particular patient worked in a restaurant and decided that the big, industrial sized mayo was the perfect way to spread the virus, combining revenge with, ahem, happy time.

The doctor told us that it would probably be impossible for someone to contract HIV that way but eeewwweee, nevertheless. The patient was also going to be answering a few questions from the police.

Congrats! Out of all the stories here, you have the honor of having the one that made me throw up a little in my mouth.  Also, i will not be finishing off my mayo-rich chicken salad tonight, so thanks for that too!  ;)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3470 on: January 07, 2013, 03:27:14 PM »
My DS was at camp this weekend, where he made the mistake of filling a cup with coffee that had just brewed then drinking it right away.

The roof of his mouth blistered, and now the blisters have popped, so he has little flaps of skin hanging down from the roof of his mouth. Very painful and annoying.

GreenHall

« Reply #3471 on: January 07, 2013, 03:44:05 PM »
My DS was at camp this weekend, where he made the mistake of filling a cup with coffee that had just brewed then drinking it right away.

The roof of his mouth blistered, and now the blisters have popped, so he has little flaps of skin hanging down from the roof of his mouth. Very painful and annoying.
While probably not as sever as that, EVERY time I eat pizza, something similar happens. (Yes, you would think i would learn to wait and let the cheese cool, but, no).  Sorry, if it's delivery or pick-up and bring back, there is usually cooling time to prevent damaging myself.  If I make at home, or am eating in the restaurant, not so much...

Snooks

« Reply #3472 on: January 07, 2013, 04:08:35 PM »

While probably not as sever as that, EVERY time I eat pizza, something similar happens. (Yes, you would think i would learn to wait and let the cheese cool, but, no).  Sorry, if it's delivery or pick-up and bring back, there is usually cooling time to prevent damaging myself.  If I make at home, or am eating in the restaurant, not so much...

The problem is even if you think you're being sensible and leaving a suitable amount of time you always forget to account for the sauce volcano hiding under the cheese.  I always seem to get the blisters right behind my front teeth.

parrot_girl

« Reply #3473 on: January 07, 2013, 07:58:28 PM »
I just read this:
http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/aussies-revolting-holiday-from-hell/story-e6frfq80-1226549150714

and I am never ever going to Bolivia. Unless I go in a full body wetsuit with a face cover. ERGH.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3474 on: January 07, 2013, 08:46:43 PM »
When you are shifting your schedule and lifestyle to be healthier, do make a low fat black bean soup and have it for dinner. Do have some for lunch at work the next day. Don't drink that root beer on your way home.  ::)

I believe I am just a slightly inflated, gassy bag of air.  :-[

greencat

« Reply #3475 on: January 07, 2013, 11:07:27 PM »
I just read this:
http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/aussies-revolting-holiday-from-hell/story-e6frfq80-1226549150714

and I am never ever going to Bolivia. Unless I go in a full body wetsuit with a face cover. ERGH.

There is an extra special bit of grossness in the comments on that article too.  Don't miss it!

parrot_girl

« Reply #3476 on: January 08, 2013, 05:23:32 AM »
I just read this:

There is an extra special bit of grossness in the comments on that article too.  Don't miss it!

Two bits of grossness- the comment about the eye (no I did NOT follow the link to the video) and the comment about the patients with the fly-blown feet! Yuck! Yuck, yuck yuck!

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #3477 on: January 08, 2013, 03:39:12 PM »
As the full-time caregiver to our 3 kids, most of my gross out stories involve them. I had this lovely experience with DD http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=6622.msg2809176#msg2809176 back in Oct.

Today I am sick. It's a nasty flu, and I have been miserably waiting for DH to get home from work so I can crawl into bed and die. I'm still nursing the baby, but as I was trying to burp him, I started coughing fitfully and had to put him down for a few minutes. If baby isn't promptly burped, he spits up EVERYTHING in his tummy, with interest. So, I pick him back up to finish burping him when he spits up all down my back. That triggers my own sickness, and I threw up all over him in retaliation  >:D (not really) Poor little guy looked so scandalized; he's never been on the receiving end of stomach content relocation.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

magicdomino

« Reply #3478 on: January 08, 2013, 03:51:24 PM »
Poor little guy looked so scandalized; he's never been on the receiving end of stomach content relocation.

This isn't funny -- but it is!   ;D

Snooks

« Reply #3479 on: January 08, 2013, 03:55:12 PM »
You have some brilliant stories twiggy :)