Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 726966 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4035 on: July 08, 2013, 05:51:24 PM »
I am in pre-menopause and it is miserable. I am dehydrated from all the sweating, and I am sweating and freezing at the same time. Yuck.

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #4036 on: July 09, 2013, 07:41:12 AM »
The area surrounding a hair was starting to look really red and irritated, so I thought pulling it out would be a good idea. I grabbed the tweezers and out it came, sheathed in a mostly-transparent whitish thing. I've actually had other tweezed hairs come out like that, so it wasn't all that weird or gross.

However, the fountain of blood and pus that erupted out of the follicle was most definitely new. Iím not sure whether I am totally icked out or secretly hoping something like that happens again someday. It was almost like pulling a cork out of a champagne bottle that had been liberally shaken.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #4037 on: July 09, 2013, 09:37:53 AM »
DF has a recurring black head on the side of his nose. This thing is huge when it pops, and I get a secret pleasure out of popping it. The last time, he popped it, but didn't get it all, and when I squeezed it, more than double the amount of gunk came out of it.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4038 on: July 09, 2013, 11:39:41 AM »
VorGuy has a black head on his back (between shoulder blades almost on spine) that is about the size of a pencil lead in a #2 pencil - he HATES to have it dealt with (pressure on it is on the spine - so bony area).

It took some persuasion this morning, but he finally let me get it for this year......1/4"+ of "stuff"...

In the past, if it has been longer than a year...it can be rather like squeezing a tube of toothpaste that has a pinhole in it...a curl of "stuff" will come out, sometimes the length of a woman's fingernail (well - not a Dragon Lady nail - but a more "average" one - call it an inch long). 

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 06:40:34 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #4039 on: July 09, 2013, 02:48:18 PM »
Speaking of squeezing zit-type things...

I've got..something on my chin. Usually it's just a very small bump, looks and feels like a normal skin bump (I know I did have a pretty bad zit there at one time - ten years ago), but for some reason it's gotten VERY angry lately. It's puffed up to about the size of a lima bean and good grief it HURTS.

Which hasn't stopped me from squeezing it, mind, but the other night after I'd picked it open and given it a few painful squeezes, it got its revenge. I really don't like having my chin and neck covered in clear, unpleasant-smelling goo that decided to run like an open tap.

I think I'm going to bring this thing up to my dermatologist on Friday. >:(
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

Seraphim

• The impossible I do every day -- miracles merely take a few more phone-calls.
  • I'm not short, I'm concentrated Awesome!
« Reply #4040 on: July 09, 2013, 09:04:10 PM »
I had a little pimple on my forehead last week. I popped it, and it started to get very red and angry. It formed a yellow, brown and red crusty scab about 1/4 inch wide, and was a huge huge lump (sticking out about 1/2 inch from my forehead). It leaked clear or yellow goop any time the scab was knocked or split. The worst part is that my fringe sits on the other side of my forehead, so it was out there for all to see and looked horrible!

Last night whilst bathing it with salt water again, the scab came off and a lump of rock hard pus came out. The lump was about the size of a split pea, and a very gross green/brown colour.

There is now a little scab and no lump - I think the worst is over!

starofwinter

« Reply #4041 on: July 10, 2013, 12:32:07 AM »
Okay, I feel like this is the most appropriate place to discuss something that happened to me almost ten years ago.

I went to the hospital for a very, very severe illness, but recovered pretty quickly once I was given the right antibiotics and medication.  The problem started a little while later.  I hadn't been home long before I started noticing my left bre@st swelling and becoming very tender.  Due to a pretty limited (and very inaccurate) knowledge of typical pubescent development, I just assumed I was growing, being around fifteen at the time.

Well, it just got worse and worse to the point that any pressure at all hurt.  One day, I came home, and something felt... odd.  Took off my bra, and the entire cup was full of thick, bright green pus, not to mention blood.  At that point, I did the only thing I could think of and yelled, "Mama!"  I had two vertical splits in my nipple, and if I squeezed, more pus would just... pour out.

Turns out, I caught a particularly nasty case of MRSA, and it had turned into mastitis.  I had to have surgery to remove everything.  I don't know which hurt more, the month before or the weeks after, going in to get the packing changed/removed.

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #4042 on: July 10, 2013, 12:41:43 AM »
All of the pain noises I can make are not sufficient, starofwinter.  :o I've accidentally pinched my boob with my inner elbow (more than once) when I had PMS. That pain was like electric shocks going all through my boob, but I'm sure that pain was only a miniscule fraction of what you went through.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4043 on: July 10, 2013, 12:51:47 AM »
I just had a kitty laying on my arm. Cute right? Not gross at all right? Yeah. He's an intact male kitty.... his man-parts were on my arm!

Bluenomi

« Reply #4044 on: July 10, 2013, 12:56:43 AM »
I'm currently going through the joys of morning sickness. It's eased a bit from the horrid early days, I'm only throwing up once at day at the moment  :-\

It's always first thing in the morning so is pretty much just spit, bile and phlem with a lot of hacking and coughing. Excpet this morning I also had what looked like solid chunks of phlem/snot as well. No idea what they were.

And to add insult to injury, the twins alway kick up a storm when I do it. Thank guys!

greencat

« Reply #4045 on: July 10, 2013, 01:20:43 AM »
Today I had to give a kitten a bath, because his mother took offense that I hadn't cleaned the litter box like I usually do this morning because I was sick and didn't get out of bed that early, and she got on the bed and peed - on my sheets, and on her kitten who happened to be sleeping on them.  He was a very confused and unhappy (and sharp-pointed!) kitten before, during, and immediately after the bath.  He forgave me as soon as I dried him off though, luckily.  I have not forgiven his mother yet.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #4046 on: July 10, 2013, 02:14:13 AM »
Oh, ouch, starofwinter! I think my chest is trying to become concave instead of convex at even the thought of that... *cringes*

Update on the chin thing: I yanked the scab off and gave it a good squeeze. First out came a blob of grey goo, then the blob behind it was neon yellowish-green. I am officially a bit terrified, because now it hurts even worse and the middle bit has caved in but the rest is all solid and angry (like a volcano crater!)

I kind of hope I get more goo out though, that was pretty impressive.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4047 on: July 10, 2013, 10:08:52 AM »
Oh, ouch, starofwinter! I think my chest is trying to become concave instead of convex at even the thought of that... *cringes*

Update on the chin thing: I yanked the scab off and gave it a good squeeze. First out came a blob of grey goo, then the blob behind it was neon yellowish-green. I am officially a bit terrified, because now it hurts even worse and the middle bit has caved in but the rest is all solid and angry (like a volcano crater!)

I kind of hope I get more goo out though, that was pretty impressive.

Sounds like doctor time to me.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

cwm

« Reply #4048 on: July 10, 2013, 12:50:46 PM »
My skin has finally been clearing up thanks to my new medicines. YAY for hormones being regulated! On the other hand, anything I eat seems to run straight through me.

There are some downsides to living in an apartment with a low-flow toilet. Like when you have to wait around and flush a second time because there's still JUST enough tiny bits left that should have been solid, but weren't. And if it had just been straight liquid, it wouldn't matter, but this wasn't just liquid. If I let it sit, it would have been like letting the solid sit, and it would have STUNK.

Also, I very nearly felt the need to apologize to the entire women's restroom at work for the noises emanating from my backside. Things get pretty epic when an empty stomach is mixed with medicines that liquefy the innards and coffee that speeds it along.

I'm finally starting to stabilize on them now. Thankfully. I won't have to go through this again.

EMuir

« Reply #4049 on: July 10, 2013, 01:17:39 PM »
Does anyone else get tonsil stones (tonsilliths)?  I haven't had tonsillitis, but occasionally I will start to feel as though there's something in the back of my mouth.  If I look in the mirror, I will see hard white stuff coming out of my tonsil. I have an overactive gag reflex so I use Chloraseptic to numb my mouth and back of throat, then use a blunt instrument (wrong end of plastic chopstick) to push on the tonsil.  Last time I got an impressive tonsil stone the size of a silver dollar out of there, it was green and white and STUNK to high heaven.

I wish there was some service to have tonsil crypts regularly cleaned out, like at a dentist or something.