Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 798140 times)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4125 on: July 29, 2013, 09:06:50 PM »
LOL Gyburc!!!!  ;D

White Dragon wins the internets.  8)

I would be the donkey's hind end that would inform said waitress that she needed a wardrobe check.

As would I, but I don't think I could have been polite about it.  That's not a wardrobe malfunction and thus doesn't need to be treated with the delicacy one would deserve, IMO. 
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4126 on: July 29, 2013, 09:43:47 PM »
I learned something today.

It is actually possible to break a toe so badly it turns violent colors.

How did I learn that, you ask?

Because it's my toe.

At least it wasn't my actual foot this time, but I really wish I'd stop breaking.

I already learned this lesson some twenty years ago, while pregnant with VorSon.  My little toe was a lovely purple shading to magenta in places...earlier that week I had knocked the toenail off the big toe on the same foot.  It had a U shaped scab along the line where the toenail had torn out.  My foot looked horrible....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

greencat

« Reply #4127 on: July 30, 2013, 12:26:53 AM »
I would offer, in the waitress's defense, that I have previously found myself in a situation where my menstrual flow rendered my underwear unusable and in the garbage can or a plastic bag following an unexpected start or structural failure of feminine hygiene products - although I have never, ever, ever, ended up commando in a short skirt, because quite frankly I refuse to wear anything besides black pants during that time of the month. 

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #4128 on: July 30, 2013, 05:29:37 AM »
Two of my coworkers told me this one this morning.
((snippage))
They still skipped lunch.  :P

*hork!*  :o
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4129 on: July 30, 2013, 07:20:55 AM »
I would offer, in the waitress's defense, that I have previously found myself in a situation where my menstrual flow rendered my underwear unusable and in the garbage can or a plastic bag following an unexpected start or structural failure of feminine hygiene products - although I have never, ever, ever, ended up commando in a short skirt, because quite frankly I refuse to wear anything besides black pants during that time of the month.

My thought is, if she knew she was wearing a short skirt and had to go commando for whatever the reason (I, too, have had Aunt Flo ruin underwear), she would ask her boss to go home ESPECIALLY because she works in food service!  That's where I get to that it isn't a wardrobe malfunction.  It is easily fixable by not staying at work or at the very least staying away from the public until the situation could be fixed.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #4130 on: July 30, 2013, 09:16:30 AM »
If I were in such a situation, I would at least avoid bending over until I could refresh my wardrobe.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4131 on: July 30, 2013, 09:24:04 AM »
I'd be grabbing a cloth napkin and some string and making a breechclout, if I couldn't go home.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4132 on: July 30, 2013, 09:29:42 AM »
I'm with Outdoor Girl.

The above situation is why I keep a go bag in my car with a gym outfit just in case.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4133 on: July 30, 2013, 10:07:53 AM »
Whilst showering this morning, I discovered a large and slightly large lump with a dark purple almost black center.  Three ingrown hairs and a white plug later, the purple turned out to be blood...lots of it.

magicdomino

« Reply #4134 on: July 30, 2013, 11:06:08 AM »

My thought is, if she knew she was wearing a short skirt and had to go commando for whatever the reason (I, too, have had Aunt Flo ruin underwear), she would ask her boss to go home ESPECIALLY because she works in food service!  That's where I get to that it isn't a wardrobe malfunction.  It is easily fixable by not staying at work or at the very least staying away from the public until the situation could be fixed.

I learned the hard way to keep a spare pair of underwear in my desk drawer, but that probably isn't convenient for a waitress.  All the same, I'd have done something, anything other than that.  Even drug stores sell a few pairs of underwear. 

missanpan

« Reply #4135 on: July 30, 2013, 11:38:55 AM »

I learned the hard way to keep a spare pair of underwear in my desk drawer, but that probably isn't convenient for a waitress.  All the same, I'd have done something, anything other than that.  Even drug stores sell a few pairs of underwear.

Ah, I did not think of this type of scenario. It makes sense as to why someone would end up without underwear. But I agree she should have requested an emergency run to the store or something.

EMuir

« Reply #4136 on: July 30, 2013, 12:29:41 PM »
Since this is the gross-out thread, I will say this: I wore the thickest pads I could find and still sometimes had to wash the crotch of my panties in the bathroom and dry them as best I could with paper towels or the air hand dryer at work. Wearing no panties is NOT an option, I mean then where does future leakage go? There are no good options!

Although I do know someone who overflowed so bad she had to take her office chair into a shower stall at her workplace (thankfully they had a shower stall) to clean it...

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4137 on: July 30, 2013, 02:14:08 PM »
My grandmother suffered from heavy flows, too.  When I started, she told me a few of her horror stories.  She went to a game (sports).  She came prepared, using primary and secondary protection.  She said when she stood up at the end of the game, she felt clumps slipping out of her and overwhelming both layers of protection.  She was wearing a dress and leakage didn't start until she stood up, so nothing was visible to the casual observer.  However, when she looked back up the bleachers where they had been making slow progress to exit the stadium, she saw red: Red puddle ... trail of red drops ... red puddle ... trail of red drops.  She was embarrassed because the red trail clearly led to her.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #4138 on: July 30, 2013, 02:36:22 PM »
Oh, gawd, the leaks. I've had days where DP will get really perturbed with me because I've managed to leave a spot on the (leather, washable) sofa, two places on the bed, and had to mop the bathroom floor, and gone through three pairs of PANTS (and four or five pairs of panties). There's no working out of the home on days like that - you just stay home and stay still. Thankfully, those are very rare, but when they happen, oh, no, there's nothing to do but clean up. I'd hate to have one at work - I would be calling in!

cwm

« Reply #4139 on: July 30, 2013, 04:09:30 PM »
I had days like that. Luckily at my old job I was wearing rain pants all the time with shorts underneath, so even if I did leak through my protection, panties, and shorts, it wasn't spreading anywhere else. But that was at the grooming salon, and the dogs would seem to hone in on it and pay extra attention to that area. Not at all fun.

Now that I'm back on meds, everything seems to have slowed down a bit. It's actually nearly the last day of this cycle and I've managed to only get a few tiny spots on undies so far! There is hope for me yet.

On to some more grossness, had a pimple coming up from deep on my chin. I had to wait until it came to a head, but when it did, it was epic. I got a few little hard white bits out from down below, and then the blood. There's still a tiny scab, but the whole area is a lot less sore and swollen than before, so I'm pretty sure I got all the nasties out.